Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

ANTENNA!! HELP ME INSTALL MY ANTENNA!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 05:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ANTENNA!! HELP ME INSTALL MY ANTENNA!!

I bought a roof antenna (similar to the VW GTI) for my 96 honda civic hatch but i dont know how to install it. can someone please help me get started? Thanks...
Old 02-27-2006, 05:17 PM

Default Re: ANTENNA!! HELP ME INSTALL MY ANTENNA!! (SuperJetBlack)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SuperJetBlack &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I bought a roof antenna (similar to the VW GTI) for my 96 honda civic hatch but i dont know how to install it. can someone please help me get started? Thanks...</TD></TR></TABLE>

uhm.. unscrew the top of the antennae? then i guess.. take out your radio.. look at the back and unplug the antenna from there.. and pull it out all the way from the top.. thats how i did mine on my 92hb, hopefully its the same process for you
Old 02-27-2006, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ANTENNA!! HELP ME INSTALL MY ANTENNA!! (EH2 on Steelies)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EH2 on Steelies &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

uhm.. unscrew the top of the antennae? then i guess.. take out your radio.. look at the back and unplug the antenna from there.. and pull it out all the way from the top.. thats how i did mine on my 92hb, hopefully its the same process for you</TD></TR></TABLE>

Easy Tex! Make sure to attach a string or cable to the old attena wire while you pull it out. You can pull the new one back in with the string. If not, getthing the new one to go back in will be a nightmare. I've done several attenas. Sometimes they go fine, others seriously take hours.
Old 02-28-2006, 05:25 AM

Default Re: ANTENNA!! HELP ME INSTALL MY ANTENNA!! (Stop the Beast)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Stop the Beast &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Easy Tex! Make sure to attach a string or cable to the old attena wire while you pull it out. You can pull the new one back in with the string. If not, getthing the new one to go back in will be a nightmare. I've done several attenas. Sometimes they go fine, others seriously take hours.</TD></TR></TABLE>

woops! i forgot that and yeah it was a PITA without the string.