Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

AC COMPRESSOR !! Freon supplies? NEED HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 04:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC COMPRESSOR !! Freon supplies? NEED HELP!!!

how do you check if your ac compressor is working or not?
My car is running and when i turn on the AC the car make crazy noise. Couple days later when i was driving and i turn on the AC the car just CUTTOFF on me. Then days later i open up the Low and Hi tube from the AC Compressor, all the liquid Blast all out and i dont think there are any Freon left in there.
I turned on the AC and put my 2 fingers in the Hi and Low holes i dont feel any air coming out.
I put everything back and the car runs fine its doesnt make crazy noise or cutoff on me anymore, but i dont feel any cold Air which i dont tink i have any freon left in it. So does any got any ideas what is going on? and how do you check if your ac compressor is working or not? and what kind or how much freon should i recharge it in ?

I have a 1995 honda delsol with b16 dohc swapped from a 99 civic si came with the ac compressor.
help me please thanks.!!!
Old 08-05-2008, 06:48 PM

Default Re: AC COMPRESSOR !! Freon supplies? NEED HELP!!! (disboitrung)

BUMP
Old 08-05-2008, 07:28 PM

Default Re: AC COMPRESSOR !! Freon supplies? NEED HELP!!! (disboitrung)

well first off pulling the suction and pressure lines off is probably the last thing you should have done...but based on your description of the noises it was making i'd have to say a failed compressor. what caused that i cant say...could have been just a mechanical break down or possibly your accumulator isnt serving its function of seperating liquid refridgerant from gasious refridgerant (if the compressor sucks in liquid refer its instant failure). without a manifold gauge set and an evacuate/charge machine i doubt your gonna be able to go much farther with this. i suggest bringing it to a professional....