Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

ac blowing warm air! plz help

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 11:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ac blowing warm air! plz help

i have a 1996 honda civic and the ac is blowing warm air recently. i think it might be low on frigerant so i went out and bought the kit. when i check the pressure on the low side, the reading was in the red zone on my gauge. (little over 100 psi for low) now i know thats bad. im trying to recharge a once charged r134a not r12. can someone give me a detailed explanation how i can lower the psi so i can recharge my ac. a step by step explanation on how to get my ac back up and running would be great. from start to finish on how anyone would approach this situation. please help its hot in my car, its summer!!! 107 degrees!!!
Old 07-18-2005, 11:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ac blowing warm air! plz help (silverrat)

was the car on when you took the low-side reading? When you turn your a/c on the compressor will push low-side psi down while pushing the high-side psi up, that's how it works. If you system was originally r12 you should stay with r12 even though it's more expensive. If you want your system working properly you need to take it to an a/c shop where they will evacuate(vaccum)/ recharge your system, only then will your a/c be blowing as cold as can be.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:25 AM
grammer nawzi

Default Re: ac blowing warm air! plz help (si_lee)

Try turning on the heater, maybe you could trick the system. I heard they play games like that
Old 07-19-2005, 02:02 AM

Default Re: ac blowing warm air! plz help (si_lee)

If your car is 134a you'll have to take it to an A/C shop to vacuum out and recharge the system with a special machine. They won't just recharge it either... they have to find the leak and repair/replace whatever is leaking. It can get pretty pricey, but they have to do it. It's a federal law that shops have to find the leak before adding refrigerant and sending you on your way.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:20 AM

Default Re: ac blowing warm air! plz help (_Cyclone_)

its true

the biggest problem is that alot of shops will tell you that you have a leak even if you dont. then they drain the vacum out and recharge and charge you out the ***. since i have been living in japan. i found out that over here they arent *** bad about ac runoff. and if there machines are down they literly perge the ac line into the air then recharge it. it baffled me at first then he gave me the bill 50 dollars and i agreed what ever works. know i wouldnt try this at home cause when they purge the line it outside and i was a good 30 feet away and it hit me hard i had to walk away. that **** is stong.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:38 AM

Default Re: ac blowing warm air! plz help (licenseless)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by licenseless &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">its true

the biggest problem is that alot of shops will tell you that you have a leak even if you dont. then they drain the vacum out and recharge and charge you out the ***. since i have been living in japan. i found out that over here they arent *** bad about ac runoff. and if there machines are down they literly perge the ac line into the air then recharge it. it baffled me at first then he gave me the bill 50 dollars and i agreed what ever works. know i wouldnt try this at home cause when they purge the line it outside and i was a good 30 feet away and it hit me hard i had to walk away. that **** is stong. </TD></TR></TABLE>

That's good to know that they care about our environment. We're all under the same ozone layer.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:02 AM

yea.. so yea!