Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

93 Civic SI greddy turbo really annoying misfire. Please help!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2003, 12:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 Civic SI greddy turbo really annoying misfire. Please help!!!!!

I've had a misfire for a month now. I have a d16z6 with the greddy kit, msd ignition, coil wires, bbk fuel
pump, and weapon r fuel pressure regulator.

The misfire started a little after I developed a head gasket leak and i just assumed it was coolant in the
cylinder not allowing it to fire well. but i fixed the head gasket and the misfire got a little better but is still
there. It runs fine when the engine is cold but after driving for ike 10-15 minutes it will intermittently
misfire just coming off idle or when I have load on it. it seems to be ok when i'm just cruising like on the
highway.

when i did the head gasket i used the head and valvetrain off a different engine so none of the could be
the problem and the head gasket is fixed. so far i have cleaned all distributer contacts. swapped out the
distributer and igniter completely. removed the msd ignition and coil and went back to stock ignition,
plugs have been changed, fuel injectors swapped. fuel pressure is set to stock and is fine. fuel filter is
new. i can hear the fuel pump. i and ran some carb cleaner. checked greddy fcu and connections are fine
and led is on. and know CELs

I have noticed that right as the misfire happens my autometer air/fuel guage will jump to the lean side
for a split sec but I don't know if the engine is going lean and causing the misfire or if the misfire is
allowing air with plenty of oxygen left over to pass by the sensorand causing it to show lean.

Please help I miss the feeling of good clean boost and i keep having to back down from crustangs and
pepboys clad neons!
Old 02-10-2003, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 93 Civic SI greddy turbo really annoying misfire. Please help!!!!! (93TurboSi)

I have noticed that right as the misfire happens my autometer air/fuel guage will jump to the lean side
for a split sec but I don't know if the engine is going lean and causing the misfire or if the misfire is
allowing air with plenty of oxygen left over to pass by the sensorand causing it to show lean.
That looks like your problem to me. I'm buy no means a mechanic, but it sounds like its leaning out waaay to much. You need to turn the boost down until you get some type of fuel management. Hurry and get it fixed, otherwise you may do some serious engine damage! Good luck.