Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Trade My CB7 For a EG Hatch?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 08:36 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trade My CB7 For a EG Hatch?

Hello Honda-Tech.

I'm Chris a proud owner of a 92 Honda Accord LX (CB7) And I have a lady who wants to trade me a 92 Honda Civic Hatchback (EG), But I'm still up in the air. The trade will be just that a trade no money will exchange hands.

I would like to know if you all think I should do the trade or keep my CB7.

Here is some info on both Cars.

92 CB7: Body 230,xxx Miles, F22a6 swap 110,xxx Miles (with ECU), New timing belt, New balance shaft belt, New water pump, New OEM Honda clutch 10,xxx miles, 97 Accord wheels 15" and, New tranny fluid. Body in good shape typical rust on rear quarters (Have new replacement quarters)

92 EG: Body 140,xxx Miles, Stock engine, Stock clutch, Steel wheels 14", Missing speaker covers on doors, missing cargo cover, no radio, needs battery, Weird baseball card in bike spokes sounds when coasting in gear, Needs paint. Body Needs paint, has quarter rust but significantly less then my Accord and new quarters come with car.

Both car run and drive fine. Except the Civic has this weird baseball card in bike spokes sounds while coasting in gear.

What do you guys think?

PS: I have had the Accord 2 years now, I'm thinking its time for a new toy ( I'm getting a 2005+ DD soon. So i'm thinking for a toy the EG would be alot easier to find parts for and modify.

Last edited by Chris2388; 12-09-2012 at 09:50 AM.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:36 AM
Ridin Dirty in Cali

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Re: Trade My CB7 For a EG Hatch?

Ohh geez thats a tough one.
Either way you have to put money into both.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Man, really it's all on what you want with this trade. There both about an equal trade, both you have to put around the same money into it. Really, it's whatever you like more, i'm not a big accord fan so obviously myself i would take the hatchback. Really, it's all on what you want more, if your not DEAD SET on the trade and absolutely want it, then just sit on your accord for a little while longer.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:44 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by dirty19
Ohh geez thats a tough one.
Either way you have to put money into both.

What do you mean? The CB7 is mine, already on the road, my Daily Driver and 100% mechanically sound. Only thing it needs is Quarters.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:48 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by PerfectionIsKey
Man, really it's all on what you want with this trade. There both about an equal trade, both you have to put around the same money into it. Really, it's whatever you like more, i'm not a big accord fan so obviously myself i would take the hatchback. Really, it's all on what you want more, if your not DEAD SET on the trade and absolutely want it, then just sit on your accord for a little while longer.

I have had the Accord 2 years now, I'm thinking its time for a new toy ( i'm getting a 2005+ DD soon. So i'm thinking for a toy the EG would be alot easier to find parts for and modify.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:25 AM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Then do what you want and stop asking us about sight unseen cars. Both of the cars sound like POS'.

Still waiting for a tech question.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:33 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by grumblemarc
Then do what you want and stop asking us about sight unseen cars. Both of the cars sound like POS'.

Still waiting for a tech question.
Wow Okay I accept your opinion, but no need to be rude. I'm sorry I can't afford a diamond at the moment. These are the 2 vehicles I had choice to at the moment. I also apologise for posting on the wrong section on the forum.

Here is a technical question. What are the best Mechanical modification available for the EG to make is a fun car to drive.? I do mostly highway, and back roads driving.

Also I will post up pictures as soon as I can.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:24 AM
Ridin Dirty in Cali

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris2388
What do you mean? The CB7 is mine, already on the road, my Daily Driver and 100% mechanically sound. Only thing it needs is Quarters.
Both cars sound like they are in rough condition.
Either way you go you will have to spend money to get back to a decent condition.
Its my personal preference to buy a car that isnt in rough condition so i can concentrate on improving the car instead of restoring the car.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:56 AM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris2388
Wow Okay I accept your opinion, but no need to be rude. I'm sorry I can't afford a diamond at the moment. These are the 2 vehicles I had choice to at the moment. I also apologise for posting on the wrong section on the forum.

Here is a technical question. What are the best Mechanical modification available for the EG to make is a fun car to drive.? I do mostly highway, and back roads driving.

Also I will post up pictures as soon as I can.
Don't know what you expected seeing as how you know you've already made up your mind. This thread is essentially useless.

Please quantify how the word "best" is technical. How about a SPECIFIC technical question?