Notices
Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

Who all has the All Jap Cars turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 04:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who all has the All Jap Cars turbo?

Would like some consumer feedback. I'm considering getting this in march, but being as expensive as it is, I DO NOT want this to be a purchase I regret... Considering I could pay about a third of what I owe on the car off with just the amount this turbo will cost me.

Is it what you expected? Any downfalls? If you could go back and do it again, would you? or would you have waited?

Just want to know. If I get the money saved and back out, at least I can throw a mass of cash toward my debt and chop its legs out.
Old 12-17-2006, 04:55 PM

Default Re: Who all has the All Jap Cars turbo? (Demonis)

wtf??
Old 12-17-2006, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Who all has the All Jap Cars turbo? (Rahxephon)

Was I unclear? Or did you just need the extra point on your post count?
Old 12-17-2006, 05:56 PM

Default Re: Who all has the All Jap Cars turbo? (Demonis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rahxephon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wtf??</TD></TR></TABLE>

You are a noob to the 2006+ Civics forum, correct? Check out ajperformance.com for more information.

Don't have it, but I look on doing this in a few years. I also remember you were interested in the reflash, right? If so, they are All Jap did a different Hondata reflash for their turbo, but you have to have proof of purchase. I would look at doing this in addition to the turbo.

Since it would be at about 5 grand to get everything and have it installed, I would save the money right now. Pay the debt down a little more before taking a chance with blowing an engine. Just a thought though.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Who all has the All Jap Cars turbo? (Si 4 Life)

well from what i read...alljap has a pretty good turbo setup...worth it IMO....making all that power on such low boost...i was talking to the guys from ajp last night at hin in mia. they were pretty cool..and i saw the white si they had...the guy told me its a whole new setup. a whole new setup....but...from what i hear...its very worth it....soo much power on a stock k motor.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:28 PM

Default Re: Who all has the All Jap Cars turbo? (originalg00kster)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by originalg00kster &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well from what i read...alljap has a pretty good turbo setup...worth it IMO....making all that power on such low boost...i was talking to the guys from ajp last night at hin in mia. they were pretty cool..and i saw the white si they had...the guy told me its a whole new setup. a whole new setup....but...from what i hear...its very worth it....soo much power on a stock k motor. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You should ask Ron to take you for a ride in it. I hear it's an f'in monster.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:54 PM

Default Re: Who all has the All Jap Cars turbo? (skittle06)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by skittle06 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You should ask Ron to take you for a ride in it. I hear it's an f'in monster.</TD></TR></TABLE>
it's a monster now cuz they not running any of their kits ... not their stage 1 or their stage 2 ...

with the turbo they are using in there now u can hear the damn thing wanted to spool at idle... lol ... will not say what it is they changed ... that's up to them.

to the thread starter ....
i didn't pay for mine and u already know that ... but i am not partial to any company ... i expected 300whp and i ended up with 370whp ... that was all good.

the biggest thing i like about the kit is that my driveability went nowhere ... this car is my daily driver ... and if i didn't like how it drove after the kit, the kit would be out and sold as i have no obligation to keep it. so i could easilly make a load of money off of it ... but to me it's worth keeping ... even on a daily driver.

and my car isn't tuned as well as the reflash the regular customer receives ... changes have been made ever since my tuning and the reflash was cleaned up so to speak ... i need to get the nicer one now
Old 12-18-2006, 03:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Who all has the All Jap Cars turbo? (sickyute)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sickyute &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
it's a monster now cuz they not running any of their kits ... not their stage 1 or their stage 2 ...

with the turbo they are using in there now u can hear the damn thing wanted to spool at idle... lol ... will not say what it is they changed ... that's up to them.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
yeah...i know what they changed sickyute...i just didnt wanna say. haha. but its a monster alright. but the reason i knoww these people..because obviously i have an si...and my cousin knows them personally...he has his fully built gsr in one of the guys garage's at the house haha. should be coming out real hard. but all in all they are nice guys....and im sure like sickyute said...their kits are amazing. worth the money.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well considering I don't plan on getting this done until sometime in march, would I be getting whatever is new? Or maybe would the old one be getting cheaper? lol

Either way, I plan on spending about 5g on it, I want everything, hondata and all. I trust hondata enough to have a program to protect my motor from itself, just not from idiot drivers. Which I try my best not to be.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:34 AM

Default Re: (Demonis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Demonis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well considering I don't plan on getting this done until sometime in march, would I be getting whatever is new? Or maybe would the old one be getting cheaper? lol

Either way, I plan on spending about 5g on it, I want everything, hondata and all. I trust hondata enough to have a program to protect my motor from itself, just not from idiot drivers. Which I try my best not to be. </TD></TR></TABLE>

whatever it is that u get will be up to date at whatever price they decide...
hondata will only get better at tuning the cars. hell, for all u know by then u'll have a kpro like option ... it's that close according to the info. i gather.

u may even have more turbo options!!
Old 12-18-2006, 09:39 AM

Default Re: (sickyute)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sickyute &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hell, for all u know by then u'll have a kpro like option ... it's that close according to the info. i gather.

u may even have more turbo options!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Correct. It will be called Ipro. In addition, Hondata is coming out with a variety of different reflashes for the 06 Si. Look them to start coming out in summer of 2007.

I do not think it will be offered to the R18 owners as of right now.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sounds interesting. Well, if all else fails it wont hurt the throw a couple grand into suspension, brakes, chassis reinforcement and such before the turbo.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:45 AM

Default Re: (Demonis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Demonis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sounds interesting. Well, if all else fails it wont hurt the throw a couple grand into suspension, brakes, chassis reinforcement and such before the turbo.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Agreed.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:47 AM

Default Re: (Si 4 Life)

i suggest u also browse other boards....
i know of atleast 4 other people with the kit for the fg2...
one guy even has an extensive install thread with tons of valuable info on it ...
Old 01-01-2007, 11:37 PM

here is another--not that I want Demonis banned or anything... it's just that some people just must not be aware that "jap" is offensive just as any other racial slur

Hmm i didn't know all jap cars was the name of a company

Modified by hyogen at 1:26 AM 1/2/2007
Old 01-02-2007, 07:21 AM
NO MERCY!

Default Re: (hyogen)

I personally hate racial slurs. Just abbreviate. AJP. People still know what it is if you abbreviate. And now you nobody will get offended
Old 01-02-2007, 07:38 AM

Alright, are you guys serious?

This has really gone off topic and while I do agree that the preferred nominclature is asian, or asian-american, or what have you... I can't see J** (for all you sensative types) offending anyone while being the name of a company.... All J** Performance. .... Jap isn't a racial slur, unless you make it a racial slur.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:14 AM

then why doesn't someone go out and make a company called ALL N*GG*R PERFORMANCE?

So N*GG*R isn't a racial slur unless you make it a racial slur?

And now you're saying the preferred nomenclature for J*P is asian, asian american?

so now you're bunching in all asians with what J*P stands for? J*P is a racial slur for the Japanese... You've taken it a step further to label all asians that.

so why don't YOU be serious here. Sit down and ZIP IT
Old 01-02-2007, 09:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hyogen)

I think this type of conversation should end here. The company name is "AJP", "AJ Performance", or "All Japanese Performance". We should probably use their offical name to avoid confustion and stupidity in the ranks, okay?
Old 01-02-2007, 09:34 AM

Default Re: (MonkeyConQueso)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MonkeyConQueso &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think this type of conversation should end here. The company name is "AJP", "AJ Performance", or "All Japanese Performance". We should probably use their offical name to avoid confustion and stupidity in the ranks, okay?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Agreed. Let's get back on topic.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:42 AM

Good call, plus I think some people may take it a little personal....*cough*...*cough*...
- And sorry if I'm continuing this, but no one labelled all asians anything. I was speaking in a general fashion... calm down a bit sparky.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:53 AM

sparky eh? you said the preferred term for J*P is asian or asian-american. How about the preferred term for J*P is what it actually stands for Japanese.

Nice line in your sig dude...

nice display of your bigoted thinking again.

gj

With that I rest my case. Props to Type X for banning that tool
Old 01-02-2007, 09:57 AM

The quote is from a drunken night playing "Cranium" and it's not me talking. And fair enough we'll go with Japanese.

....And I'm not a biggot.

....And I said nomenclature, not term.... slight difference.

And, this I'll expect to get punched in the ball sack for later, but I'm a little confused how it's a racial slur.... now I can understand the N word since it originated via slavery, but I can't see the J word originating from anything harsh, I may be wrong and in need of some informing....
Old 01-02-2007, 10:07 AM

Oh, and not the preferred term for J*p, the preferred nomenclature for the race.... or at least the politically correct term.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:11 AM

Default Re: (elklodgeezra)

ah tay :D You've appeased my great wrath. &lt;3

You should look up Japanese concentration camps in US history.

I tend to think there was a great injustice when men women and children were forced out of their homes into concentration camps soley based on the fact they were Japanese during WWII.

I'm Korean and I don't really take the "Jap" term as a personal attack...........but I know I've been called it before and the stereotype that all asians look alike or what the hell ever else pisses me off.

In my grandparents day--the Japanese invaded Korea....cut off womens' ***** (literally), didn't allow people to speak their native language....FORCED THEM TO LEARN JAPANESE. Hence, both my grandparents are fluent in Japanese....

Ok, we're done being off topic -_-

I think we can all get along now since we all &lt;3 Japanese cars -_-

Quick Reply: Who all has the All Jap Cars turbo?