Notices
Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

Radio Problems - Please HELP

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 06:16 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 Radio Problems - Please HELP

I am new here. I have a radio problem, but it is NOT the typical I need a code question. I have the code, but I can not get the radio to prompt me for it.

I have a 4 door 2007 Civic Si. I want to reenter the code to see it will fix some problems that I am experiencing. The problems started when I had the clutch replaced. Everything was working fine before that. I will try to explain them all.
(1) The three chrome buttons across the center of the radio do not work like they should. Left should be AM/FM, center should be CD and right should be XM/AUX on the "B" type radio without navigation. This is the radio I have and it has not been changed from factory. My radio acts exactly as though it is the "A" type radio which was only put in the LX models. Left button only selects AM, center button cycles through FM1, FM2, etc.. and the button on the right selects CD/AUX. I think if I had XM, which I don't, I would not be able to get to it.
(2) Next, the Tune folder button that cycles through Balance & Fader settings does not have the sound level setting in it any more to adjust the volume of the rear factory Sub.
(3) And last, I can not customize the welcome message that displays on the radio screen anymore. My book says this is only available on the 4 door Si, so not many people are familiar with it.

I have removed the battery cables numerous times. Does not ask for the code.

I have removed Pos & Neg cables, tied the ends together, removed under dash fuse #35 (ACC Radio), removed under hood fuse #17 (Audio Amp) & #23 (Back Up). Let sit for a while (10-20 minutes). Reinstalled all fuses. Attached positive cable first. Installed Neg cable last. Turned key to I or II position, don't remember, but I didn't start the engine. Turned the radio on and it just comes on. Does not ask for the code.

I have held the 1&6 and powered the radio on, but it goes straight to the DIAG screen. It does not go to the sn# screen. Does not ask for the code. 5 then brings up a VSP message with HZ out beside that. 3 lights up every led on the screen. 4 brings up another ILL screen.

Can anyone help?
Old 10-11-2012, 07:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Radio Problems - Please HELP

Sounds like an internal fault with the radio. Re-entering the radio code will not solve any problems, because all it's there for is to keep the person who steals your radio from using it, once they've reinstalled it into a different car. Not that anyone out there is going to take the time to steal a factory radio from a Civic, mind you.