Notices
Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

price mark-up on 06 civic si

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default price mark-up on 06 civic si

i'm a new car valet a penske honda and for all those that want si's that live in southern cali or where ever in cali penske honda in ontario cali doesnt mark-up vehicle prices ever just to let you know for all those that want want and dont want to pay mark ups.
Old 03-31-2006, 10:15 PM

Default Re: price mark-up on 06 civic si (Penskehonda1)

Can you let us know when certain colors come in? I am hoping to get a Fiji blue from there soon.
Old 03-31-2006, 11:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: price mark-up on 06 civic si (SIevo)

where is penske honda compared to some major cities???
Old 04-01-2006, 06:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

IMO MSRP is a mark up

When you start talking $300-500 over invoice, I'll call it a good deal on both ends
Old 04-01-2006, 03:37 PM

I've heard places marked them up 1000-2000 over msrp in the chicago region
Old 04-01-2006, 03:39 PM

Default Re: price mark-up on 06 civic si (vawn69)

no mark ups in my region, from albany, ny to poughkeepsie, ny...
Old 04-01-2006, 04:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: price mark-up on 06 civic si (cbrxgator)

how about the pre-printed "dealer doc fee" on the purchase order. What a laugh!
Old 04-04-2006, 07:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If you pay it...they will charge it.....just hold out or search other states...they can be had for less!!!! We have a dealer in the next state that will drop it off at my house for $400 under msrp. Just be patient. 15000 Si's is not as small a number as they make it sound...IMO..
Old 04-07-2006, 11:34 AM

Do you know when the FIji blue stock SI will be coming in at Penske?
Old 04-07-2006, 11:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: price mark-up on 06 civic si (cgjarvis)

Id like to see you or anyone for that matter buy an 06 si(new) for $15000.00 . I am a dealer and would love to go into business with you if you can.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: price mark-up on 06 civic si (allanonjj)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by allanonjj &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Id like to see you or anyone for that matter buy an 06 si(new) for $15000.00 . I am a dealer and would love to go into business with you if you can.</TD></TR></TABLE>

He is talking about the number of SIs that are supposed to be built this year. I don't know where that number came from, other than it's been floating around the internet.
Old 04-07-2006, 09:26 PM

Default Re: price mark-up on 06 civic si (Vitt1)

That and 17,000 as well. I keep hearing different numbers for the amount of Si's being produced this year.

Modified by SIevo at 10:56 PM 4/7/2006
Old 04-08-2006, 05:45 AM

Default Re: price mark-up on 06 civic si (SIevo)

If any dealer was to discount the SI's. It would be somewhere in Timbucktwo Hickville. I had a person trade in his 1 month SI with 400 miles fiji blue, inherited money, traded it for a brand new Escalade and we still sold it for MSRP. Of course the guy took a hit.

Modified by vawn69 at 8:13 AM 4/8/2006
Old 04-08-2006, 07:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: price mark-up on 06 civic si (vawn69)

I'm going to give Penske Honda a call today to see if they have any SIs and what they're selling for.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Penskehonda1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i'm a new car valet a penske honda and for all those that want si's that live in southern cali or where ever in cali penske honda in ontario cali doesnt mark-up vehicle prices ever just to let you know for all those that want want and dont want to pay mark ups. </TD></TR></TABLE>

well thats B.S. I was just there and there was a mark-up...they had a Habenero red w/ optional wheels...and it was marked up...The sales man even said it was marked up because of the demand...I beleive it was a $2,000 mark up
Old 04-11-2006, 08:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: price mark-up on 06 civic si (DOHC_C-REX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DOHC_C-REX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well thats B.S. I was just there and there was a mark-up...they had a Habenero red w/ optional wheels...and it was marked up...The sales man even said it was marked up because of the demand...I beleive it was a $2,000 mark up</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm glad I didn't drive out there. I called on Saturday, and was told that they never mark up over MSRP, and I could drive there and put a deposit for future arrivals. I even asked, if they didn't mark up MSRP but added lots of options bringing the price up, and he said no. I made it clear I wanted a base with or w/o summer tires.

Too bad I don't remember the name of the salesman, but he sounded like a no-nonsense guy. Did the car have Navi system? I wonder if the NAVI + the wheels brought the price up $2K?
Old 04-12-2006, 02:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no navi... what I would do is go to honda.com and fill out there dealer inquiry thing...we've gotten a couple of good offers...

this whole dealer mark-up for "demand" pisses me off...its a demand that they are creating... I understand why they are doing it...$$$$ but come-on people if we dont pay the out of sight prices...they will lower it... Metro honda is trying to sell a silver 06 si w/ navi (no other options, save for dealer installed optional lojack) for...get this: $28,000+ HOLY F'NING ****! $28,000 for a Honda Civic...wow. and some dumb *** will pay it...
Old 04-12-2006, 03:25 PM

This is true, people are stupid enough to pay for it. With mark ups like $7k for a civic, dealers are getting crazy! It's a civic! Not a Lexus! I have had dealers offering me MSRP for the car because I talked to them reasonably. It can happen, just be patient and walk away, they will bite.
Old 04-12-2006, 04:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SIevo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SIevo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This is true, people are stupid enough to pay for it. With mark ups like $7k for a civic, dealers are getting crazy! It's a civic! Not a Lexus! I have had dealers offering me MSRP for the car because I talked to them reasonably. It can happen, just be patient and walk away, they will bite.</TD></TR></TABLE>

this is exactly what we have been doing...Corona Honda has a "decent" deal (better then most) $25,000....that is still f'd!

I am working on a deal with another somewhat remote location dealership that is promising MSRP on a navi equipted car...when they get one...

I think about it though...WHO PAYS MSRP ON A NEW CAR?!? they are getting me on that too...I know they are marking up $4,000-$5,000 off list just to get it to MSRP...so im supposed to think Im getting a deal by paying MSRP???

I have buddy that is salesman at a high volume GM dealership in washington...Dealerships think this mark-up thing is the cats meow...all they see is a sucker when people even consider paying those prices...

On another note...this same guy (salesman at GM) rooms with a guy...well this other guys dad is a sales manager for a fairly large honda stealership in washington...he is going to see if he can pull any strings for me up there...

If things work out and others are interested I could look into getting others deals???I know car dealerships love a sure sale and would love to move several cars...kinda like a "group buy" kinda thing

i dont know...we have no problem waiting a few months until the whole "hype" thing settles down...+ the down payment only gets bigger lol...
Old 04-12-2006, 04:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well I am working at a local Honda dealership and basically we add a few options after MSRP like "chrome rims"

If I had a serious buyer I could maybe talk them down to at least MSRP is someone was serious ---- thats the thing --- money talks

If your serious and actually crunch the numbers in house they will get reasonable -- at least I will anyway

We have a car on the showroom thats listed close to 30K with all kinds of add ons --- someone will bite --- we only have 2 Si's on the lot so while not "rare" they are not a model youll see flooding the streets anytime soon

PM me if you live near Palm Desert CA and hopefully we can work something out --- I am seriously considering buying an SI myself and refuse to pay a markup --- but I feel MSRP is fair for the car --- its not a DX stripper dime a dozen model so 500 over invoice is some time away if ever guys
Old 04-12-2006, 04:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DOHC_C-REX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SIevo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Do you know when the FIji blue stock SI will be coming in at Penske?</TD></TR></TABLE> and btw Moreno Valley claims to have a Fiji...with summer tires and optional foglights...I think it was Moreno Valley...I've talked to so many bullshiters at so many places I cant remember them all.
Old 04-12-2006, 04:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SergEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well I am working at a local Honda dealership and basically we add a few options after MSRP like "chrome rims"

If I had a serious buyer I could maybe talk them down to at least MSRP is someone was serious ---- thats the thing --- money talks

If your serious and actually crunch the numbers in house they will get reasonable -- at least I will anyway

We have a car on the showroom thats listed close to 30K with all kinds of add ons --- someone will bite --- we only have 2 Si's on the lot so while not "rare" they are not a model youll see flooding the streets anytime soon

PM me if you live near Palm Desert CA and hopefully we can work something out --- I am seriously considering buying an SI myself and refuse to pay a markup --- but I feel MSRP is fair for the car --- its not a DX stripper dime a dozen model so 500 over invoice is some time away if ever guys</TD></TR></TABLE>

I will PM you...we are interested...
Old 04-12-2006, 05:00 PM

I would like more info. I just spoke to a guy from Honda of the Desert a few days ago. He said there is a markup but I forget how much it is though. Invoice on this car is about $18, 554 and msrp is about $20, 290. So it's like 6% or so profit and then they want more profit!!! From markups!!! Boo!

I know this car isn't going for invoice anytime soon but I will pay below msrp if I can get away with it. If not I will wait for next year. I feel they should get some profit but not for the cost of a new Evo RS. Hmm, awd or FF? 286hp or 197hp?? I can buy my friend's STI for almost $27K. Why would I buy a civic for that much? Dealers are crazy with this "golden goose!" We all need to stop paying for the markup so they can mark it down!
Old 04-12-2006, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SIevo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I would like more info. I just spoke to a guy from Honda of the Desert a few days ago. He said there is a markup but I forget how much it is though. Invoice on this car is about $18, 554 and msrp is about $20, 290. So it's like 6% or so profit and then they want more profit!!! From markups!!! Boo!

I know this car isn't going for invoice anytime soon but I will pay below msrp if I can get away with it. If not I will wait for next year. I feel they should get some profit but not for the cost of a new Evo RS. Hmm, awd or FF? 286hp or 197hp?? I can buy my friend's STI for almost $27K. Why would I buy a civic for that much? Dealers are crazy with this "golden goose!" We all need to stop paying for the markup so they can mark it down!</TD></TR></TABLE>

you just hit the nail on the head... This car WILL sell for under MSRP...it has to...when I was in the market for an 03 Cobra after alot of headaches and back and forths (5 hours in a dealership) we finally got down $500 under MSPR on it... I walked out because of something the sales manager said about when he didnt think I heard it...thats a diff story...but it can be done...and this whole thing happened 5 months after the cars release...and trust me its release was alot bigger of a deal then the current si
Old 04-12-2006, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If anyone is thinking about buying out of state and driving it back, there is someone in TX who can get them at MSRP. He had 4 recently, all of which have been sold. I don't want to name another board here, but you may know where he posts.

Quick Reply: price mark-up on 06 civic si