Notices
Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

09 Si Coupe or Sedan?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 09 Si Coupe or Sedan?

I looking to buy a car in a few weeks and was wondering how much does the weight difference matter, between the Coupe and Sedan? And also I wanted to get peoples opinion on which they prefer.

I was torn between the two, but I like the 4dr. While the 2 looks better on some accounts, the 4dr offers more room and is practical- seeing it in person helped.

I made an update post saying I finally got the car but not many saw it so I will say it here. I purchased the sedan on August 3- white no navi. Thanks for all the post it was interesting hearing all the different points of view and opinions.

Last edited by SonofJacob316; 08-14-2009 at 02:14 AM.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:45 PM
K5^
Brand New

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: 09 Si Coupe or Sedan?

1. The sedan outweighs the coupe by less than 60 pounds.

2. It's your preference, you're the one buying the car, not us.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I personally like the sedan better than the coupe. Something about that coupe just doesnt appeal to me. The only thing i dont like about the 09 sedan is the hfp front lip. I also like not having to pull my seat forward when my friends get in the back seat. Look at the 2 side by side and see what you like best and go from there
Old 07-28-2009, 08:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are you buying the car for you or for other people??

nuff said
Old 07-28-2009, 08:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sedan cause its more functional, especially if you have a family.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:45 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Test drive them both. I haven't driven a sedan yet, but I know for '96-'00 the coupes, hatches and sedans feel different just to drive. For example, the coupes have more available options for those years than hatches, coupes and hatches have longer doors than sedans for those years, the rear seats are different on the different bodies, etc.

I know the coupes and sedans for the 8Gs are a bit better matched, but if you actually drive them both you might be able to notice things you hadn't thought of when just looking at them.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:17 PM

Yeah I alos chose the Sedan for functionality and for a better " Sleeper" effect, esecially since I took all my Si badges off and the side stickers. And I will have to say I get mesed with alot less now, but also he racer in my wants someone to mess with me, lol. Can't win for losing! But yeah either way its going to come down to your personal preference. Weight should really be a factor unless you plan on going fullrace and are taking every last pound into consideration.

But yeah gud luck in your decision!
Old 07-28-2009, 09:29 PM
K5^
Brand New

Originally Posted by i-VTEC_DOHC
are you buying the car for you or for other people??

nuff said
You really like that saying don't you?
Old 07-28-2009, 10:27 PM
Road House

Originally Posted by AJPVtecPanda
Yeah I alos chose the Sedan for functionality and for a better " Sleeper" effect, esecially since I took all my Si badges off and the side stickers. And I will have to say I get mesed with alot less now, but also he racer in my wants someone to mess with me, lol. Can't win for losing! But yeah either way its going to come down to your personal preference. Weight should really be a factor unless you plan on going fullrace and are taking every last pound into consideration.

But yeah gud luck in your decision!
I always get a kick outta those people. Especially when they're rolling around with a stock Si exhaust, or OEM Si wheels on their de-badged Si.

I prefer the Coupe to the Sedan. Has a sleeker, less clunky look to it. The Si is still much too underpowered to pull off the "sports-sedan" image.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by FijiBlueFG2
I always get a kick outta those people. Especially when they're rolling around with a stock Si exhaust, or OEM Si wheels on their de-badged Si.

I prefer the Coupe to the Sedan. Has a sleeker, less clunky look to it. The Si is still much too underpowered to pull off the "sports-sedan" image.
Kick out of what? And also I am not "rolling around" with a stock exhaust I have the Evo 2 catback, and yes I still do have my OEm si rims because I like them. Why would I change them?
Old 07-29-2009, 06:04 AM

I had the same debate myself.

I wanted a sedan because of functionality, but when you see the difference in trunk space and legroom in the back there is not THAT much.

I went with a coupe because a) I like the look better, b) I bought the car for the driver, not the people in the back seat c) it had a larger cabin than my previous coupe with a big trunk

If I had a family and children though, I would not have bought the coupe unless I had a second car with 4 doors.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Kick out of what? And also I am not "rolling around" with a stock exhaust I have the Evo 2 catback, and yes I still do have my OEm si rims because I like them. Why would I change them?
i think he means your not fooling anybody lol

I test drove the coupe yesterday and it was good, but id take the sedan over the coupe anyday. 4 dos for mo hos!
Old 07-29-2009, 07:40 AM
K5^
Brand New

Originally Posted by tunerkid7

I test drove the coupe yesterday and it was good, but id take the sedan over the coupe anyday. 4 dos for mo hos!
This cat knows where it's at.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

sedans are better IMO. a lot more practical for family means, if u have kids etc. weight difference is so little, with I/H/E really wakes the 2.0 up. cams is a huge differnece to
Old 07-29-2009, 09:33 AM
Road House

I never aid that you were.

However, when I see a debadged Ralleye Red Si Coupe rolling around...stock exhaust, stock rims, Si Spoiler on the trunk, and Si emblem still attached to grill...

Makes me think...what was the point of debadging it? You hoping some idiot is going to think you're driving an r18, and they're going to "race" you?

Last edited by FijiBlueFG2; 07-29-2009 at 09:38 AM.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well, look at it like this. Are you the type of person that likes to go places with his friends or has a family, if so the sedan is more for you. Or if you usually drive by yourself and occasionally take people with you then you will most likely want a coupe. If your going about this more for the looks then functionality your better off going to the dealership, looking at both and seeing which one you really like.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:01 AM
K5^
Brand New

Go to the dealer, test drive both, look at both cars. After long arduous hours of scrutiny, choose the car that turns you on.

Don't forget, a car also chooses its driver.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sedan........At times i wish they imported the 4 door ITR to the states
Old 07-29-2009, 10:08 AM
New User

However, when I see a debadged Ralleye Red Si Coupe rolling around...stock exhaust, stock rims, Si Spoiler on the trunk, and Si emblem still attached to grill...

Makes me think...what was the point of debadging it? You hoping some idiot is going to think you're driving an r18, and they're going to "race" you?
I skimmed over this real quick and thought you were talking about me...then I read "coupe" and "stock exhaust" lol. I <3 my vibrant catback.

btw, whats up fellow Mass-hole?!?!
Old 07-29-2009, 11:00 AM
Road House

Originally Posted by redsled
I skimmed over this real quick and thought you were talking about me...then I read "coupe" and "stock exhaust" lol. I <3 my vibrant catback.

btw, whats up fellow Mass-hole?!?!
Hows it going brotha? You got ***** for driving a red Honda, that's all I'll say.

My car is blue, and that is colorful enough to catch the attention of any and all cops, so I can't imagine what it would be like in a red one.

You west of Worcester?
Old 07-29-2009, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by K5^
You really like that saying don't you?
im pushing the coupe movement.
lol
Old 07-29-2009, 11:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by K5^
Go to the dealer, test drive both, look at both cars. After long arduous hours of scrutiny, choose the car that turns you on.

Don't forget, a car also chooses its driver.
thats true. the benz put a leash on me after i test drove it
Old 07-29-2009, 11:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by tunerkid7

I test drove the coupe yesterday and it was good, but id take the sedan over the coupe anyday. 4 dos for mo bros!
corrected.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:19 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Maybe they just don't like how badges look.

Maybe they realize detailing around badges can be a pain (I've noticed it too, though I have extra badges on because I like how that looks).
Old 07-29-2009, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by NOFX
Maybe they just don't like how badges look.

Maybe they realize detailing around badges can be a pain (I've noticed it too, though I have extra badges on because I like how that looks).
No...the guy said he took the badges off because he want a "sleeper" look.

I agree it's not sleeper at all. If the person looking at your car really matters, all they have to do is lean out the window and listen to the car for two seconds. No matter what exhaust (stock or not) is on the car, a K20 could never be mistaken for an R18. And...while a Greddy Evo2 isn't loud, it's also definitely not sleeper at all.

OP-if you don't need a sedan (i.e.-family, ski team, etc.) don't get one. Eh forget, get a freaking coupe. I fit my entire bass rig, plus a monitor and a cable box for my band's PA into my coupe, and still have my front passenger seat free.

ALSO...my coupe can fit the kinda of girls I'm attracted to no problem. 4dosfomohoes...sure...if you're into Shamu sized girls, the extra shoulder room or whatever might help you in the back seat of the sedan. But, I never have a problem fitting my gf and three of her friends in my coupe. LOL.

Last edited by 2008fijibluesi; 07-29-2009 at 12:41 PM.

Quick Reply: 09 Si Coupe or Sedan?