Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

New Civic Accessories?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 07:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Civic Accessories?

Hey, HT

I'm in last few steps of planning to buy a new 2013 civic, but i need some help on some of these accessories they offer and if there worth the extra 100+ for them

1. Body side molding (helps with dings and stuff)

2 door edge guards (dings)

3 door edge film (dings)

4 door visors (helps when its raning so water wont get in)

5 Rear bumper apilcuqe (so you dont strach your car when your loading stuff in the trunk)

6 Moon roof visor (areodymanic also provies same desciption of 4)

So what i want to know is any of these options are honestly worth the extra buck or are they just gimmics,

the only reasonable things i can see myself buying and thats a maybe would be the door visor in case it rains i can have the window down and the interior wont ruin, but like for the options prevent dings is it true or does it just decrease the chances

thanks guy
Old 12-18-2012, 07:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New Civic Accessories?

Definitely get the door visors. I have them on my 2012 and I love them.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. Good
2. Good
3. No, use 2 instead (not both)
4. Good

The rest, meh, depends on your taste and budget

Congrats on the upcoming purchase
Old 12-19-2012, 03:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for the input,

Budget isn't really a problem i just don't to toss money away at the dealer either,
Old 12-20-2012, 06:46 AM
amin n'rangwa edanea

Originally Posted by kingmickez25
Hey, HT

I'm in last few steps of planning to buy a new 2013 civic, but i need some help on some of these accessories they offer and if there worth the extra 100+ for them

3 door edge film (dings)

5 Rear bumper apilcuqe (so you dont strach your car when your loading stuff in the trunk)

So what i want to know is any of these options are honestly worth the extra buck or are they just gimmics,

the only reasonable things i can see myself buying and thats a maybe would be the door visor in case it rains i can have the window down and the interior wont ruin, but like for the options prevent dings is it true or does it just decrease the chances

thanks guy
i think any extra money you get back on trade-in/sale for the stuff this protects you from is gonna be negligible and likely less than the cost of the accessories. it also looks like *** and reminds me of the chairs at my mom's place that still have the plastic covers on them so that 10 years down the road someone will pay $100 more for the set, remove the plastic, and actually enjoy their furniture. it's your car, enjoy it. take care of it, but don't wrap it in bubble wrap and treat it like it's an investment that'll pay dividends.

from you list the one thing i regret not getting is the door visors because the rain and even window washer fluid will get in and leave water marks and potentially screw up your window/door lock switches eventually. maybe the moonroof visor due to similar considerations, but whereas i do sometimes want my side windows down even if it's raining a bit, i never have my moonroof open so it's less useful imo.
Old 12-25-2012, 05:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by kingmickez25
Hey, HT

3 door edge film (dings)

thanks guy
I wouldn't get any of that stuff if it was my car. I don't think the moldings and door edge protectors will do much, as far as actually protecting from damage. I've never seen a need for visors either. If it's raining, either drive fast enough to not get water in your car, or don't open the windows and sunroof. As for the rear bumper thing; simply don't put stuff on your bumper.