Notices
Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

manifold and headers causing CEL problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 04:31 PM
NO MERCY!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (Itshotasballs)

It could be the MAP sensor itself malfunctioning or maybe a problem with the intake manifold you installed. Best bet is to take it to the shop anyway cause they have the tools to accurately figure out exactly what is going on.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Westminster/Huntington Beach/Seal Beach, CA, United States
Default Re: (IT GUY)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IT GUY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

how is it that people can afford new cars and afford to mod them, but don't own a digital camera or even a cell phone with a camera?

This seems to happen in alot of threads... not just this one.</TD></TR></TABLE>

maybe they choose to spend their money on different things. maybe a digital camera isn't a priority for them. and maybe they're fine with a cheap, old cell phone with no camera.

This has happened a lot recently. A noob comes in here looking for some help asking for some simple answers and right away people start jumping all over their *** calling bullshit and just being ******** to the OP and making them sound stupid instead of just doing their best to help. And then everyone wonders why the OP never posts again. Why would they when everyone was a dumbass and didn't help with one little question.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (a1staecksauce)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by a1staecksauce &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

maybe they choose to spend their money on different things. maybe a digital camera isn't a priority for them. and maybe they're fine with a cheap, old cell phone with no camera.

This has happened a lot recently. A noob comes in here looking for some help asking for some simple answers and right away people start jumping all over their *** calling bullshit and just being ******** to the OP and making them sound stupid instead of just doing their best to help. And then everyone wonders why the OP never posts again. Why would they when everyone was a dumbass and didn't help with one little question. </TD></TR></TABLE>

thats the way i am.&lt;=1st paragraph, not the 2nd) but im in the process of acquiring one now.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:22 AM

i :heart: this thread.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by a1staecksauce &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

This has happened a lot recently. A noob comes in here looking for some help asking for some simple answers and right away people start jumping all over their *** calling bullshit and just being ******** to the OP and making them sound stupid instead of just doing their best to help. And then everyone wonders why the OP never posts again. Why would they when everyone was a dumbass and didn't help with one little question. </TD></TR></TABLE>

go ahead and preach it my good friend
Old 10-28-2008, 01:40 PM
NO MERCY!

You do realize that (1) the OP generally got the answers he needed and (2) the OP was being defended against the person that started this whole "B.S." mess.............right?

I know what you're saying about threads repeatedly getting out of hand....and I tried to avoid that with THIS thread........but apparently it was already out of control from other factors and bickering as well.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Westminster/Huntington Beach/Seal Beach, CA, United States
Default Re: (RICO_)

ya for the most part he did but they were kinda half hearted answers like "it's weapon r, trash it". And calling BS so quickly for no real reason didn't really help and is really what ignited this thread. But for the most part I think everyone is over it so lets all get on with our lives.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:30 PM

im still waiting for a picture
Old 10-28-2008, 05:33 PM
NO MERCY!

Default Re: (SIVIC 3)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SIVIC 3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im still waiting for a picture </TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't think it's coming.

Here....have a six-pack on me and call it a day.

()()()
()()()
Old 10-28-2008, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RICO_)

im gonna take a pic of his car when i get time...got school n work thats gonna keep me busy so idk when ill get the pic up...ur not gonna really be able 2 see the manifold cuz of the plastic thing but if we have time we will take it off n try n get these pics posted up...
Old 12-27-2012, 09:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: manifold and headers causing CEL problems

Hey i'm having a similar problem with my civic. 08 lx. i have the same mods: cai, headers downpipe, intake, intake manifold. my car is throwing a code as well p1077. i guess its got something to do with the fast idle valve. Ive looked all over diferent forums and even googled the problem but so far no one seems to have come up with a solution. Any ideas? oh and the code came up about 3 weeks ago. had the weapon r intake manifold for 4 months now.