Notices
Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

HELPP!!!! my sun visor broke!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 11:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELPP!!!! my sun visor broke!!

how can i fix it? the passenger side sun visor broke off!! PLEASE AND THANK YOU!
Old 07-03-2008, 06:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: HELPP!!!! my sun visor broke!! (j_DC2_m)

If it's under warranty go to the dealer. If not call the dealer and get a price. You cant fix it.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:33 AM

Warranty it. Or ebay it.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:17 PM

Default Re: HELPP!!!! my sun visor broke!! (JxMac206)

TSB for it
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums...r.pdf

Modified by lostjap89 at 3:04 PM 7/3/2008
Old 07-03-2008, 01:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELPP!!!! my sun visor broke!! (lostjap89)

Its a really common problem with 8th gen civic. But they are covered under warranty. So call or go down to your local dealership and they will take car of it for you.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:59 PM

its only under warranty if your car is still under warranty. 36k or less.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:47 AM

Everybody in Phoenix has had the same problem. I have had to replace both the passenger and driver side sun visors and the car is a 2007. My friend has gone through 3. They need to recall the sun visors and replace them. They split and then fall apart.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELPP!!!! my sun visor broke!! (sherryjeffries)

I had my driver side visor fall, went to dealership, haven't had anymore problems.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELPP!!!! my sun visor broke!! (CerealKiller)

we replace about 10 a day here... fawkin heat kills em. Ive replaced my own several times since dec 06. Ask ur dealership to goodwill it if you are outta warranty.. or just tell em ur gonna call American Honda to complain about the visors having to be replaced (some more then others). If you use the "H" word with em, theyll buckle....well at least we do, lol
Old 08-30-2008, 11:21 AM

Default Re: HELPP!!!! my sun visor broke!! (FBPSidan)

Seriously? What dealership will replace these things out of warranty? I need to have the control arm thing done and the ABS sensor done and both my visors are broke. I live in Glendale and need a dealership that won't be a pain in my ***.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:39 AM
(Trial User)

ok WEAR REALLY BIG SUNGLASSES
Old 08-30-2008, 12:16 PM
(Trial User)

you can also try craigslist or a salvage yard. good luck
Old 09-06-2008, 08:52 AM

Default Re: HELPP!!!! my sun visor broke!! (nsxmatt)

haha my driver sun visor seriously exploded on Wednesday. I came out to my car and it was split apart all crazy i can't even explain it, I don't even know what happened, it's like it melted internally or something. But I just took it to the dealership and they had it replaced super quick.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:11 AM

Default Re: HELPP!!!! my sun visor broke!! (littleblueee)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by littleblueee &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> But I just took it to the dealership and they had it replaced super quick. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Lucky you...my dealer took a whole hour, but they washed my car so I guess I don't mind
Old 03-07-2009, 12:55 PM
New User

Default Re: HELPP!!!! my sun visor broke!!

I’ve had to replace 3 cracked driver side sunvisors on my 2007 Honda. DON'T LET ANYONE TELL YOU IT IS JUST A HEAT PROBLEM. I live in Central California, hardly ever get real hot weather. Honda at 1-800-999-1009 acted like I was only one that has problem. Refused to guarantee after warranty is over. Look on internet. Massive complaints about sunvisor. We should not be penalized because they use cheap parts. This is a safety issue. This problem started with their 2006 models and they still haven’t fixed it.

Don't let them get away with this: Write complaint directly to Tetsuo Iwamura, CEO of Honda Motor Co. Inc., Mail Stop 500-2N-7A, 1919 Torrance Boulevard, Torranc, California 90501-2746. Let him know if you don’t get satisfactrion, you will file complaint with National Highway Traffice Safety Administration (NHTSA) at http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/index.cfm and Consumer Product Safety Commission at http://www.cpsc.gov/. You can file complaint on line.

We have power in #'s. Let’s use our power.
Old 03-07-2009, 01:50 PM
K5^
Brand New

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by maureenbea
I’ve had to replace 3 cracked driver side sunvisors on my 2007 Honda. DON'T LET ANYONE TELL YOU IT IS JUST A HEAT PROBLEM. I live in Central California, hardly ever get real hot weather. Honda at 1-800-999-1009 acted like I was only one that has problem. Refused to guarantee after warranty is over. Look on internet. Massive complaints about sunvisor. We should not be penalized because they use cheap parts. This is a safety issue. This problem started with their 2006 models and they still haven’t fixed it.

Don't let them get away with this: Write complaint directly to Tetsuo Iwamura, CEO of Honda Motor Co. Inc., Mail Stop 500-2N-7A, 1919 Torrance Boulevard, Torranc, California 90501-2746. Let him know if you don’t get satisfactrion, you will file complaint with National Highway Traffice Safety Administration (NHTSA) at http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/index.cfm and Consumer Product Safety Commission at http://www.cpsc.gov/. You can file complaint on line.

I'll keep this in mind should my visors fail. Thanks.
Old 03-08-2009, 02:00 PM

my driver side sun visor was broken when i bought my 06 si in the begining of feb.split in half and wouldnt even stay up right. even though it was out of warranty the dealership replaced it no questions asked....said it was a common problem. its kinda wierd that they wouldnt have fixed it before they sold it to me...but it was my fault for not looking at everything in the car before i bought it.
Old 03-08-2009, 02:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by maureenbea

haha way to not blow this out of proportion. safety issue? really? a broken sunvisor isn't going to kill you.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by vladd
haha way to not blow this out of proportion. safety issue? really? a broken sunvisor isn't going to kill you.
Really??? The sun shining right in your eyes and you can't see **** isn't a safety issue???? There's a reason they're there, to prevent the sun from blocking your view.

BTW, bought my car brand new in Fall '05 with no problems with the visor.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by av911
Really??? The sun shining right in your eyes and you can't see **** isn't a safety issue???? There's a reason they're there, to prevent the sun from blocking your view.

BTW, bought my car brand new in Fall '05 with no problems with the visor.
i drive with the sun in my eyes all the time, no problems here. the sunvisors don't block everything even when they're working properly. the sun is a safety hazard! let's ban it!
Old 03-08-2009, 10:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

i drive with the sun in my eyes all the time, no problems here.
Yeah, the world revolves around you, right?? Just because YOU can deal with it doesn't mean everyone can.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:17 AM
amin n'rangwa edanea

i drive with the sun in my eyes all the time, no problems here. the sunvisors don't block everything even when they're working properly. the sun is a safety hazard! let's ban it!
i got by for 9 years in an accord that didnt have ABS, doesnt mean non-functioning ABS isnt a safety issue.

its a fair categorisation. even if its not a safety issue, a broken visor looks like *** and costs so little for honda to fix and keep their customers happy.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by av911
Yeah, the world revolves around you, right?? Just because YOU can deal with it doesn't mean everyone can.
are you saying it doesn't?

Originally Posted by fluxion
i got by for 9 years in an accord that didnt have ABS, doesnt mean non-functioning ABS isnt a safety issue.

its a fair categorisation. even if its not a safety issue, a broken visor looks like *** and costs so little for honda to fix and keep their customers happy.
i understand it's annoying, but like i already said, let's not blow it out of proportion. it's not a safety hazard. if anything, the 3rd gear issue is a safety hazard, and yet i've never seen anybody make a big deal about the safety aspect of it.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:39 PM
amin n'rangwa edanea

ive had days where my eyes were really sensitive for whatever reason and the visor literally probably saved my *** (or at least kept me from pulling off the road for an hour or so till my eyes finally adjusted....maybe i should get that looked at...). or even normal cases when the glare is really bad it can potentially save someone from an accident. so id stand by it being a safety issue.

but youre right, no need to make a big deal out of it so long as the dealers are fairly sympathetic, which seems to be the case for the most part. i dont think id take no for an answer if it was driver-side though.

how the hell does one manage to build a car with an exploding visor anyway. lol....that's classic.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the sun is a safety hazard! let's ban it!
Yea now we're getting somewhere!!!

Quick Reply: HELPP!!!! my sun visor broke!!