Notices
Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

Help me make up my mind

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 06:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me make up my mind

Sorry wasn't even paying attention did'nt realize we finally got our own board..
I'm getting ready to do a few minor mods to the 06 si and wanted some of your opinions. Keep in mind that if the aftermarket part is going to screw up my car I probably won't install it. I want to put the AEM cai in: My concern is that with the minor mod it wont change too much the air fuel ratio..is this going to be an issue down the road or will it be fine. i was going to install the dc sports race header and exhaust (cat back) but my mechanic wont because it replaces your cat. I have yet to find a shorty fot the 06 si. If I did and didn't plan on using hdata or dyno how bad would that be? Finally I'm goin to put 18's on it not sure the series of rubber but I also want to lower it. Should I use the h or s techs from Tein? Which one is going to screw up my car? If neither great I'll go for the lowest drop. I appreciate all of your thoughts and thanks in advance!
Old 03-19-2006, 10:29 AM

Default Re: Help me make up my mind (Gottaprblm)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Gottaprblm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sorry wasn't even paying attention did'nt realize we finally got our own board..
I'm getting ready to do a few minor mods to the 06 si and wanted some of your opinions. Keep in mind that if the aftermarket part is going to screw up my car I probably won't install it. I want to put the AEM cai in: My concern is that with the minor mod it wont change too much the air fuel ratio..is this going to be an issue down the road or will it be fine. i was going to install the dc sports race header and exhaust (cat back) but my mechanic wont because it replaces your cat. I have yet to find a shorty fot the 06 si. If I did and didn't plan on using hdata or dyno how bad would that be? Finally I'm goin to put 18's on it not sure the series of rubber but I also want to lower it. Should I use the h or s techs from Tein? Which one is going to screw up my car? If neither great I'll go for the lowest drop. I appreciate all of your thoughts and thanks in advance!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ok as far as your mods go you are on the right track. I would say get the AEM CAI as it is very nice, it give a little more power and better throttle rersponse but is very loud when VTEC kicks in. The A/F ratio should be just about the same as stock as I still have the black sut on my exhaust tip. I am not a fan of the DC Sports Header and exhaust, the car already has a stock equal header and a single cat. Stay with that and just get a catback system from greddy or another company in the future. For you wheels I would be a sticker tire on it like a BFGoodrich G-sport T/A KDW or a Yokohama Adavan Neova. These will give you better handling and better traction compared to the stock all seasons. The tire size right for you and not rubber will likely be 225/40R18. As for the lowering it depends on what you like as far as lowering. Do you like a slammed look or just a small drop. I have the H-Techs and if you look in the forum for my post you can see pics. It is not to low and is a nice drop. If you don't want Tein. You can also look at Comptech and Eibach as they have some nice springs out. One more thing you need to decide if down the line you will be going Forced induction or not to make sure everything works how you want it to.
Old 03-19-2006, 10:43 AM

Default Re: Help me make up my mind (spoonlongblock)

Thanks a ton man I appreciate it...Seeing your car is like mine looking in the mirror. I have an apppointment tomorrow to get my windows tinted and I like your 15% is it hard to see out of. I'm still up in the air about the drop, not sure what I want to do with that yet...my ex had an older si and when she dropped her car her tires starting wearing funny..is this an issue that I should watch out for?
Old 03-19-2006, 01:42 PM

Default Re: Help me make up my mind (Gottaprblm)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Gottaprblm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks a ton man I appreciate it...Seeing your car is like mine looking in the mirror. I have an apppointment tomorrow to get my windows tinted and I like your 15% is it hard to see out of. I'm still up in the air about the drop, not sure what I want to do with that yet...my ex had an older si and when she dropped her car her tires starting wearing funny..is this an issue that I should watch out for?</TD></TR></TABLE>

It is hard to see out of only at night in dark areas otherwise it is fine. Cops don't seem to mind but opening the sunroof in the day brings in more light so it looks lighter. Not much u can do at night. The problem you are talking about on you ex's car is because she had a very severe drop and no alignment was most likely done afterwards. Always do an alignment after dropping.