Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got 07 Civic LX, won't start in rain or cold

sup guys
i got 07 civic last year november but my car won't start
in rain or cold
actually it starts, but very hard to start or sometimes fails to start,
it has very weak cranking sound, and with rpm so low
however it has only 2000miles on it
i went to dealer and they said that they checked downloaded codes from car, checked battery but they didn't find anything
i left my car overnight at dealer so that they could try to start the engine in the morning, but they couldn't get it to happen, they stated that it started fine,
i talked to service director guy and he put new battery
but today, it seems to happen again
imma try to start the engine at 4 am in the morning
did anyone had same problem as me?
or anyone has suggestion?
if dealer can't fix problem i can sue them right?
im so depressed...
Old 01-10-2008, 09:20 PM

Default Re: Got 07 Civic LX, won't start in rain or cold (endless10v)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by endless10v &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if dealer can't fix problem i can sue them right?
im so depressed...</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL? If thats a joke, then

Otherwise...

You may just have to leave it with your dealer for a longer period of time... or like you said, when the weather is crappy. I'm not sure if they can authorize warranty work if you take a personal video of this occuring, but it couldn't hurt. It might be able to point them in a certain direction based on what they see..... That is if you actually catch it on tape.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got 07 Civic LX, won't start in rain or cold (burnout8488)

when you say it wouldn't start, does it mean it didn't start on the first couple tries but the car did start at the end? Because it happens here in winter all the time. My car has problem starting right away in winter too. I think the dealer put your car in their shop which is usually warmer than outside, that's why they couldn't reproduce the problem.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

mine has been having that problem for a while. as a matter of fact it happened again today. i live in seattle if that matters at all but anyway... i used to be worried at first but then i asked other FG owners about it and they been having the same problem. i also have only about 2.5k miles on mine.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:09 PM

Default Re: Got 07 Civic LX, won't start in rain or cold (thatflipflop)

We have this issue to. Taken to the dealer twice already and it never happens to them.

It occurs in all kinds of environments so I cannot point finger at moisture, cold or sun.

Shoot it happens in a warm covered garage often. AT least three times a month.

No codes, nothing they say.

Thanks
Old 04-06-2008, 04:21 PM
NO MERCY!

What would cause a car not to start in rainy weather? I'm not doubting you OP....I just don't know what would cause something like that to happen.

I've heard of cold weather hindering starting capability....but not rain.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by endless10v &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
if dealer can't fix problem i can sue them right?
im so depressed...</TD></TR></TABLE>

No you can't. But depending on the statutes regarding the Lemon Law for your particular state your vehicle might be classified as such if you continue to have the same problem over and over.

Leave it with them until they are able to duplicate the problem.....if you are able to do so.
Old 04-07-2008, 04:43 AM

Default Re: Got 07 Civic LX, won't start in rain or cold (RICO_)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RICO_ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What would cause a car not to start in rainy weather? I'm not doubting you OP....I just don't know what would cause something like that to happen.

I've heard of cold weather hindering starting capability....but not rain.

No you can't. But depending on the statutes regarding the Lemon Law for your particular state your vehicle might be classified as such if you continue to have the same problem over and over.

Leave it with them until they are able to duplicate the problem.....if you are able to do so. </TD></TR></TABLE>

On older distributer based vehicles moisture would get in the cap and cause issues or if there were cuts in the wires.

These newer cars with ignition coils and lack of wires are different to me. I assume either the coil is not firing up to par or there is a lack of fuel from the pump perhaps.

As far as the lemon law goes, I have taken my car in twice so far and after the third time I am filing.

In my state it is four times for a major issue and you could win a replacement vehicle (same model obviously) or three times and they may settle for some $$ plus the repair (how they will fix if they cannot figure out the first three time, I dont care).

best of luck, research the lemon law for your state.

The last input I got was to try another key fob and maybe the other key is acting up and might need to reprogrammed.