Notices
Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

Form and Function Type II Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 09:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Form and Function Type II Coilovers

Has anyone used these on their 06+ Si? I'm looking for reviews but cant seem to find any. Help?! Thanks
Old 02-26-2014, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Form and Function Type II Coilovers

A quick search would of found you an answer for this as it surfaced not too long ago... but in a good mood today so ill answer you lol.

It's pure garbage! Look for something better then those and don't get Racelands either or any of that crappy cheap ****. Everybody has their preference, I'm running the skunk2 pro-s II and they are stiff but I like them for what i use them for (vladd won't agree lol). A lot of people have been happy with the Megan Eazy Street also.

I'm upgrading soon to a more track designed setup.

I'm sure others will have their suggestions too to add.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:31 AM
been there done that

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If all you want is to go low and don't care about anything else, knock yourself out. Hell, at that point just get Racelands and save a couple hundred.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks guys. I want a comfy ride with maybe a 2.5 inch drop. But i need comfy. The car will be daily driven and I don't want nothing scrappy because I don't want my kid hopping around her chair in the back lol

What about ST Coilovers? I'm open to suggestions also

Thanks
Old 02-26-2014, 12:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I would go with the Megan EZ Street then... they handle good and are comfy.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have decided to go with BC N+ Thank you all for your input!!
Old 02-27-2014, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If you are not tracking the car I would suggest against it! BC N+ is a great suspension don't get me wrong but it's designed for aggressive handling and track use.

Also it's a ball type top hat meaning that it does make it stiffer and better for handling but these will need to be replaced in the future as they will wear out.

The BC N+ isn't really designed for street use or for someone looking to just lower the car and have a little fun on the on ramp. This is a serious coilover for someone who is going to track the car also.
Old 03-01-2014, 05:17 AM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveSi677
If you are not tracking the car I would suggest against it! BC N+ is a great suspension don't get me wrong but it's designed for aggressive handling and track use.

Also it's a ball type top hat meaning that it does make it stiffer and better for handling but these will need to be replaced in the future as they will wear out.

The BC N+ isn't really designed for street use or for someone looking to just lower the car and have a little fun on the on ramp. This is a serious coilover for someone who is going to track the car also.
Lol...BC N+ is a serious track coilover? Nah. It's a street/track coilover. Think of it as a budget Tein flex. It's supposed to be able to be versatile and the ride is semi-comfy. It does everything OK...but doesn't do one thing particularly well...just like the Tein Flex.

I made some suggestions to the OP in another forum as well. Tein street advance or Bilstein PSS9 are the 2 very obvious choices depending on his price point and if bilsteins are available for the 06+
Old 03-09-2014, 05:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

IMO, if you're not willing to spend $1500+ on a full coilover, you're better off with a good strut and spring/slip-on-coilover setup.

I had Buddy Club N+ on my 08 Si and wasn't too impressed. I had bushings go out in the top hats after less than 20k miles. They were replaced under warranty, but the warranty doesn't last forever and doesn't cover the labor or alignment involved with replacing the bushings. They didn't feel all that much stiffer than stock, either. It seemed like the biggest gain in handling performance was from the increased front camber and the lower center of gravity, not from stiffer springs and struts. On my '09 Si I went with Koni yellows and Neuspeed Sport springs. Slightly cheaper than the N+ and better quality. For $35 more than what I paid for the N+, I got the struts and springs along with a Progress 22mm RSB. Much more bang for the buck. OEM top hats are reused so you know they'll last.

Originally Posted by DaveSi677

The N+ felt fine for street driving. It honestly didn't feel all that aggressive; on the softest setting it felt similar to stock. Even the stiffest setting was decently comfortable.

Originally Posted by JDMFerio01
Thanks guys. I want a comfy ride with maybe a 2.5 inch drop. But i need comfy. The car will be daily driven and I don't want nothing scrappy because I don't want my kid hopping around her chair in the back lol

What about ST Coilovers? I'm open to suggestions also

Thanks
2.5" drop is HUGE. Your car will handle and ride like crap and scrape on manhole covers. Anything over 1.5" isn't recommended on these cars for handling reasons, much less quality of ride.