Notices
Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

8th Gen Honda Civic Radio Code Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 09:40 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 8th Gen Honda Civic Radio Code Thread

3 weeks passed and i didnt receive an answer.. i cant stand my car without a radio..it's a civic coupe 2007 s/n 40088371 vin=2hgfg11377h012738..i need the code plz asap
W.darwich@hotmail.com
Any help would be highly appreciated
Old 01-13-2013, 12:06 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i need help my radio locked me out and i dont have the code. its nowhere to be found in any of the hiding places. my vin is 2HGFG12666H538088 and the s/n is 40016562 if anyone knows the code that would be amazing!

please email me alison.dameron@yahoo.com
Old 01-13-2013, 12:18 PM
He knows where you live!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Jesus christ, have you guys not searched at all? Or bothered ******* reading the thread?

Call your local ******* Honda dealership, show proof of ownership and provide them the radio serial number. They will give you the code for free. Any charges are for the removal/retrieval of the serial number.

Originally Posted by slomofo
The bottom of this post will reveal the way to retrieve your radio code and save everyone a lot of time and stress.

This thread was created due to the large amount of radio code requests in here every single day. If you need a radio code, there are dozens of people in here who can provide it for you, but they risk losing their jobs giving these radio codes out. If you put in a request for a radio code, the chances of receiving a code are very slim. Luckily, there are ways you can retrieve the code yourself and they are listed below.

If your Honda or Acura is a 2000 model year or older, you will need to do the following:

- Remove radio unit. I won't provide instructions do to this because it's different for every model and year, but it isn't difficult at all to figure out. You don't need to remove the radio all the way, just far enough to read some numbers on top of the head unit.

- The serial number is located on a sticker (usually white) on top of the head unit. If you see a number starting with M1C, M3G, M46, or YEFM, these are NOT the serial number and you should look elsewhere on the sticker. The serial number is sometimes numbers only and sometimes it will contain letters "Ref" or "CQ" before the number. If in doubt, write down all numbers on the sticker or take a picture of it.

- Put radio back into dash.

- Now you can either drive to the Honda or Acura dealer, provide proof of ownership, give them the numbers, and get your code

or

You can call Client Services, but you will be required to provide your VIN number, radio serial number, as well as proof of ownership.

Acura Client Services: 1-800-328-2238
Honda America Client Services: 1-800-999-1009

Acura Canada Client Services: (888) 922-8729
Honda Canada Client Services: (888) 946-6329

If your Honda or Acura is a 2002 or newer model year, please follow the directions below:

-Turn your radio off.

- Turn key to the ON position. Do not start, just leave ignition in ON position.

- Press and hold the numbers 1 and 6 on your radio with one hand.

- Using your other hand, turn the radio on while keeping 1 and 6 pressed.

- Ten characters will appear on the screen, usually alphanumeric. Write down all the numbers you see.

- Now you can either drive to the Honda or Acura dealer, provide proof of ownership, give them the numbers, and get your code.

or

You can call Client Services, but you will be required to provide your VIN number, radio serial number, as well as proof of ownership.

If your Honda or Acura is a 2001 model year, you can usually follow the directions for the 2002+ model years, but a few Accords require instructions for the 2000 and older cars.

Old 01-13-2013, 10:08 PM
K5^
Brand New

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan
Jesus christ, have you guys not searched at all? Or bothered ******* reading the thread?

Call your local ******* Honda dealership, show proof of ownership and provide them the radio serial number. They will give you the code for free. Any charges are for the removal/retrieval of the serial number.
Originally Posted by slomofo
The bottom of this post will reveal the way to retrieve your radio code and save everyone a lot of time and stress.

This thread was created due to the large amount of radio code requests in here every single day. If you need a radio code, there are dozens of people in here who can provide it for you, but they risk losing their jobs giving these radio codes out. If you put in a request for a radio code, the chances of receiving a code are very slim. Luckily, there are ways you can retrieve the code yourself and they are listed below.

If your Honda or Acura is a 2000 model year or older, you will need to do the following:

- Remove radio unit. I won't provide instructions do to this because it's different for every model and year, but it isn't difficult at all to figure out. You don't need to remove the radio all the way, just far enough to read some numbers on top of the head unit.

- The serial number is located on a sticker (usually white) on top of the head unit. If you see a number starting with M1C, M3G, M46, or YEFM, these are NOT the serial number and you should look elsewhere on the sticker. The serial number is sometimes numbers only and sometimes it will contain letters "Ref" or "CQ" before the number. If in doubt, write down all numbers on the sticker or take a picture of it.

- Put radio back into dash.

- Now you can either drive to the Honda or Acura dealer, provide proof of ownership, give them the numbers, and get your code

or

If your Honda or Acura is a 2002 or newer model year, please follow the directions below:

-Turn your radio off.

- Turn key to the ON position. Do not start, just leave ignition in ON position.

- Press and hold the numbers 1 and 6 on your radio with one hand.

- Using your other hand, turn the radio on while keeping 1 and 6 pressed.

- Ten characters will appear on the screen, usually alphanumeric. Write down all the numbers you see.

- Now you can either drive to the Honda or Acura dealer, provide proof of ownership, give them the numbers, and get your code.

or

If your Honda or Acura is a 2001 model year, you can usually follow the directions for the 2002+ model years, but a few Accords require instructions for the 2000 and older cars.

Thanks for the info Muff.

Link to sticky thread:

https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-2006-2015-79/all-radio-code-inquires-3117168/