Notices
Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

2013 Civic SI turbo kits?

Old 04-19-2013, 06:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 2013 Civic SI turbo kits?

Originally Posted by Paulthesiguy
I have to agree with this guy I just bought a 2013 si sedan first in arizona so proud had it custom made to fit me but stock it is amazing pree ordered it 5 months ago worried about what it was going to look like but when it got here my thoughts changed quick the drive the handling the sound the interior huge changes from the 2012 I,v put omost three thousand miles on it and when I stop driving it I don't want to get out so to who ever was saying the changes were small there not you must have just looked at it for a quick second should have taken it for a test drive
Sounds like you are talking about my post.

If so, your reading comprehension is pretty bad. I said there were a few major changes, not that the changes were small.

That being said, I sat inside the EX model and inspected the interior and exterior for the apparent differences since I noticed it looked different when I walked near it. Then I researched online what changes were made. Did my homework and I know what I am talking about. I did not take it for a test drive for a few reasons: They did not have a '13 Si (the only trim level possibly comparable to my '12 Si), the '13 EX I looked at was inside the showroom, and I did not care enough to test drive anyway. The vast majority of the changes are purely aesthetic and I was able to see them, no test drive needed in order to notice. The 2013 Si shouldn't really handle, drive, or sound better than the 2012, so I am unsure you have even driven a '12 Si. The handling upgrades were made on the lower trim levels.

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
This is correct. I own a 2012 and have sat in the 2013 at the dealership. Interior is mostly the same but a few major changes did occur.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
Sounds like you are talking about my post.

If so, your reading comprehension is pretty bad. I said there were a few major changes, not that the changes were small.

That being said, I sat inside the EX model and inspected the interior and exterior for the apparent differences since I noticed it looked different when I walked near it. Then I researched online what changes were made. Did my homework and I know what I am talking about. I did not take it for a test drive for a few reasons: They did not have a '13 Si (the only trim level possibly comparable to my '12 Si), the '13 EX I looked at was inside the showroom, and I did not care enough to test drive anyway. The vast majority of the changes are purely aesthetic and I was able to see them, no test drive needed in order to notice. The 2013 Si shouldn't really handle, drive, or sound better than the 2012, so I am unsure you have even driven a '12 Si. The handling upgrades were made on the lower trim levels.
There were some minor suspension changes as well. I think the steering rack changed on the Si too.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by vladd
There were some minor suspension changes as well. I think the steering rack changed on the Si too.
Yeah, read about this after the fact. Oh well, nothing that springs and a bigger rear sway bar won't fix, planned anyway.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 04-22-2013 at 08:04 AM.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vladd
I think the steering rack changed on the Si too.
The rack is different for 2013's, though all 13' civics share the same rack, from DX to hybrid.
Old 09-05-2014, 05:09 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HRsi-dan
Wow.. 2012 and 2013 is the same chassis. The main thing is that the engine is the same. Maybe there are minor adjustments for the I/C piping due to the front bumper change, but my guess is any changes would be minor if any are needed at all.

But, if you can't figure that much out then we can't help you. Learn about your car before you even think about turboing.........
Learn about the car before turbo ing ... I've learnt that mine is slow, therefore the reason for a turbo search is needed! What exactly does a person need to learn about the car before paying a highly trained and recommended company to install a turbo kit?
Old 09-05-2014, 09:28 AM
DO IT ON ALL FOURS

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Wow... why bump a pointless thread from over a year ago to add nothing of value to the thread? Great first post... NOT!

Old 09-05-2014, 02:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hahahaha although funny... let's be nice lol!
Old 09-06-2014, 06:54 AM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

Originally Posted by tuner_chick
Learn about the car before turbo ing ... I've learnt that mine is slow, therefore the reason for a turbo search is needed! What exactly does a person need to learn about the car before paying a highly trained and recommended company to install a turbo kit?
There is a section for force induction. I'm sure there are plenty of information on boosting.