Notices
Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

***OFFICIAL 8th Gen General Discussion/Rant/INTRODUCTIONS Thread***

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 07:34 AM
Oracle of GDD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ***One & ONLY Official 8th Gen General Discussion/Ramble/Rant/Intro Thread***

Just went through a speed-cam on my 4th day with the car.

Do those things still catch up with you if you have 30-day temp tags?

This happened in MD, btw...CT Avenue heading towards DC.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ***One & ONLY Official 8th Gen General Discussion/Ramble/Rant/Intro Thread***

Hi Ross. Not sure about your question but your YouTube review of the SI made me want one really bad, and .. I obviously ended up getting one of my own
Old 12-11-2009, 07:45 AM
K5^
Brand New

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ross
Just went through a speed-cam on my 4th day with the car.

Do those things still catch up with you if you have 30-day temp tags?

This happened in MD, btw...CT Avenue heading towards DC.
For MD do you temporary tags include the paper tags that are mounted where your plates should be? If they're anything like Cali's tags they're just paper tags on the inside of the windshield. Free toll road use for a month was nice. But I'd doubt they can issue you a citation for that.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

A local state trooper has a ford windstar as his vehicle. Its pretty odd to see a state trooper in a mini van
Old 12-11-2009, 08:07 AM
Road House

I Fvckin hate MAC fanbois. Eighth-Civic is getting blasted right now with a trojan virus, causing MacBook and IPhone popups.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:21 AM
Oracle of GDD

Originally Posted by K5^
For MD do you temporary tags include the paper tags that are mounted where your plates should be? If they're anything like Cali's tags they're just paper tags on the inside of the windshield. Free toll road use for a month was nice. But I'd doubt they can issue you a citation for that.
My temp plates are actually VA, I was just in MD coming back from playing table tennis lol

Originally Posted by Ben850
Hi Ross. Not sure about your question but your YouTube review of the SI made me want one really bad, and .. I obviously ended up getting one of my own
So my review had that much of an impact on you? I am really, really thrilled to hear that, and I am glad you obviously still like the car.

Funny, during my decision period on the car, I mostly just ended up watching my own video and listening to vtak pop...that pretty much made the decision for me after a certain amount of repetitions.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i love table tennis.
im really good at it now.
im glad my job has one lol
really takes away the boredom when
there's no radar testing or flights going on
Old 12-11-2009, 03:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well i received the worst news of the weekend.
my wheels are not going to be here today.
instead they are coming monday.
god damn it.
soo pissed.
now i cant wait to play beer pong tonight.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Dang man that sucks. I know that feeling too when you look forward to something and the **** falls through. Well get wasted tonight and don't drive home drunk!
Old 12-11-2009, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea i know man. im bumed because my weekend is ruined... yea cant wait for beer pong now!

so i was bored on youtube and looking up random videos. this video makes me want to turbo my next project car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yxtk...eature=related

this video always cheers me up and gives me a reminder of how bad some people have it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huXKMhSjFT4
Old 12-11-2009, 06:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so i was looking at videos on the injen cai because i might buy one so i can finally run the correct calibration on my flashpro when i came across this idiot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0riRW...eature=related
Old 12-11-2009, 07:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Damnit...was really hoping to see him curb his wheels ^^^

So...a comment I was making in another thread reminded me of a story that I almost posted there. Not wanting to get that thread off topic, I thought I'd tell it here.

Ok...so I am a domestic guy at heart. I grew up with Camaros, Novas and Barracudas in my driveway. I'm probably more a Honda guy now but I honestly respect any nice car.

ANYWAY, so I was driving around with a friend about a month ago...the last time it was warm enough to drive with the windows down around here. I was behind a slow vehicle but wasn't in a rush so was content doing the speed we were at. After a little bit, a new Charger with HIDs crawls up my ***. We came to a dotted yellow and he passed us both, so I decided to follow. Neither he nor I were on the gas very heavy, but his car was obnoxiously loud. About a mile up the road it goes to two lanes. He downshifts and taps his brakes to let me along side of him. I downshift to third wanting to see what his car had, and start to creep up next to him. When my front bumper gets to his window, he drops the hammer and so do I. Of course, he takes off, pulling about a car ahead, until he shifts. I shift perfect and start to pass him. His bumper is at my door before he finally gets his car into gear and pulls back ahead, until the next shift...same thing happens. He gets about a half car ahead and we both back off as the road is going back to one lane. Needless to say, it was much much closer than it should have been.

So about a mile up the road, it's back to two lanes and we hit a red light. I pull up next to him and say "Hey!". He's got his window down leaning on the door...definitely heard me but chose not to acknowledge me. So I beep and say "Hey" again. He looks over and I say "nice car". He says "yea". That's it...lol. I ask if his exhaust is aftermarket and he says "yea flowmaster". Well the light turned green and he took off, but I wish I had a video of how much of a douchebag this guy was. Clearly embarrassed about how bad of a driver he is. I was trying to be nice...I could have made fun of him but I didn't.

Anyway, that is just one of many similar stories about import hating domestic knuckleheads.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:04 PM
NO MERCY!

This one always makes me chuckle. Love how he tries to maintain control and counter-steer all with one hand and the other still resting on the passenger seat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db_uM...eature=related
Old 12-11-2009, 07:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

LMFAO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34yXp5EhdV0
Old 12-11-2009, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

haha looks like i started the retarded drivers discussion haha
but im changing the subject now.
idk how many of you guys are in so-cal, but have you guys heard big boy's phone taps
in the mornings on power 106?? some of its hilarious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFDzN...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep_3b...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhynR...eature=related
Old 12-12-2009, 03:53 AM
NO MERCY!

Well ****! I need some new tires on my car but the ones I wanted (Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3) are being discontinued I think.

Now what do I do?
Old 12-12-2009, 08:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

^get nitto nt 555's and accept my friend request on xbox live!
Old 12-12-2009, 08:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you want tires eyyy. IDK what to tell you i need them too and i cant decided if i want all seasons or summer tires for the aftermarket rims. Right now im waiting to hear back from nerdrum abour his BBS wheels.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

check this out so-cal.

https://honda-tech.com/forums/southern-california-87/mobile-bar-units-theyre-out-there-2694141/
Old 12-12-2009, 12:34 PM
K5^
Brand New

^And they say that there's a budget crisis going on. Why spend the resources on this ****? UC tuition keeps going up, yet we have enough money to pay for pigs to look under the hoods of cars all day?
Old 12-12-2009, 01:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what a mess lastnight was...i took my si out for one damn night and i ended up getting backed into by a ****ing jeep! bumper,lip,fender,door and it even cracked my windshield and creased every damn corner or my roof near the sunroof!
Old 12-12-2009, 02:01 PM
K5^
Brand New

Originally Posted by Spoon ITR
what a mess lastnight was...i took my si out for one damn night and i ended up getting backed into by a ****ing jeep! bumper,lip,fender,door and it even cracked my windshield and creased every damn corner or my roof near the sunroof!
OUCH Bro. Is it repair able. Was the driver some tool or some ****?
Old 12-12-2009, 02:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 2008fijibluesi
Anyway, that is just one of many similar stories about import hating domestic knuckleheads.
Yeah that upsets me too.. you're being nice and you say nice car and he still wants to be a clown and go on as if he's so wicked and can't even say yours too.. Straight hater he is..
Old 12-12-2009, 03:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn about being backed into. Sound like he freaking tryed to rock climb your si! post pics!!!
Old 12-12-2009, 04:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea that sucks dan, i know how you feel.
well looks like i wont be seeing you on xbl anytime soon haha
are the insurance laws different in each state?
because i think here if theres any roof damage they claim it totaled.

Quick Reply: ***OFFICIAL 8th Gen General Discussion/Rant/INTRODUCTIONS Thread***