Notices
Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

***OFFICIAL 8th Gen General Discussion/Rant/INTRODUCTIONS Thread***

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 08:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ***One & ONLY Official 8th Gen General Discussion/Ramble/Rant/Intro Thread***

probably a base calibration. If it was installed last night i guess he wouldnt have had time to tune it unless he did today.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ***One & ONLY Official 8th Gen General Discussion/Ramble/Rant/Intro Thread***

Originally Posted by RICO_
Sorry. I don't buy that. And I don't buy that a 110 story building with massive amounts of reinforcements on every level can completely implode and collapse in less than 10 seconds.
ask yourself this:

what would be involved in a planned government operation like this? thousands and thousands of people, and thousands of coverups. don't you think there would be some type of HARDCORE evidence to prove BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT that the government was behind this?

ok so maybe you say that they've been proved wrong, and are just denying it ..

so you're saying that they are willing to take out thousands of innocent people in the towers/aircraft, yet they fail to track down and kill all these conspiracy theorists posting all these things on their blogs, or publishing them in books, that would lead even more people to believe that it was the governments fault?

if they had so much power/smarts to pull this off and defend themselves this long, why are they hesitating to put car bombs in everyones vehicles?
Old 09-10-2009, 09:18 PM
MiG-21 superfan

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg50Lt
probably a base calibration. If it was installed last night i guess he wouldnt have had time to tune it unless he did today.
thats what i was thinking, but he might have a wideband and done some fine tuning.

the reason i ask is some cars are so shelf tune unfriendly, and some are not. subaru are, mazda are not, etc etc. i'm trying to gauge where the civic is in the crowd.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:28 PM
K5^
Brand New

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by builthatch
thats what i was thinking, but he might have a wideband and done some fine tuning.

the reason i ask is some cars are so shelf tune unfriendly, and some are not. subaru are, mazda are not, etc etc. i'm trying to gauge where the civic is in the crowd.
When you say 'shelf tuned' are you referring to how easy the VW guys have it? How a simple "chip-tune" can yield some significant gains.

Have you already done this to your ms3 there BH?
Old 09-10-2009, 09:38 PM
MiG-21 superfan

Originally Posted by K5^
When you say 'shelf tuned' are you referring to how easy the VW guys have it? How a simple "chip-tune" can yield some significant gains.

Have you already done this to your ms3 there BH?
yeah, basically....like VW...and cobb accessport subarus. they all seem to just respond so well to basic shelf tunes.

i did have the accessport for my ms3, but it was a total nightmare (looong story) and i sold it one week later. i would def consider it again, esp since a guy who worked for cobb (and currently still is very close to them) opened a dyno shop about 1.5 hours away from me! however...i'll probably just leave the car alone at this point. i don't drive it enough to spend more money on all of that.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by builthatch
tuned? or did you run one of their base calibrations?
I'm running the Injen CAI/race header MAP calibration. It really woke the car up. No more rev hang, no more hesitation. The car has very good throttle response now and has a real decent pull in 5th gear at 55mph. The only thing I am having a hard time getting used to is the 4500 RPM VTEC cross over because you don't feel or hear it as you would an unflashed si with bolt ons. No complaints from me though, time to get a TBS and the Hondata IMG.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:24 AM
Tickle-shits

Sorry. I don't buy that. And I don't buy that a 110 story building with massive amounts of reinforcements on every level can completely implode and collapse in less than 10 seconds.
Then apparently you, just like most of society know nothing about fires or how structures collapse and are basing your judgements off of that.

Ever seen a HVAC duct in a large building? They go straight down...
Old 09-11-2009, 07:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Spoon ITR
I'm running the Injen CAI/race header MAP calibration. It really woke the car up. No more rev hang, no more hesitation. The car has very good throttle response now and has a real decent pull in 5th gear at 55mph. The only thing I am having a hard time getting used to is the 4500 RPM VTEC cross over because you don't feel or hear it as you would an unflashed si with bolt ons. No complaints from me though, time to get a TBS and the Hondata IMG.
Which race header are you running?
Old 09-11-2009, 07:44 AM
NO MERCY!

Originally Posted by Tokyosmash!
Then apparently you, just like most of society know nothing about fires or how structures collapse and are basing your judgements off of that.

Ever seen a HVAC duct in a large building? They go straight down...
You're right I don't know much about it. And maybe I am totally wrong along with all the other conspiracy theorists. But with all the crap I'm reading and hearing about it just seems like something doesn't add up. And it just seems a little shocking that weakening the support structure of a few top-level floors brought the entire building down. A building that was supposed to be revolutionary in it's design.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Ben850
Which race header are you running?
I'm running a Strup RH at the moment but I think I am going to change it out over the winter to T1R. I love the T1R 70mm sparrow exhaust also but my HKS is so quiet and stock looking I don't think I will change it.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:56 AM
K5^
Brand New

Rear ended in front school. Fuuuuuuuuuu.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by K5^
Damn that sucks. How bad?
Old 09-11-2009, 08:17 AM
K5^
Brand New

Its purely aesthetic but its still a pain to have to go through insurance.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah insurance companies suck. I learned that when my Integra Type R got stolen.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:38 AM
K5^
Brand New

I just want my car fixed.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What's messed up? Hopefully just the bumper?
Old 09-11-2009, 10:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah insurance companies suck. I learned that when my Integra Type R got stolen.
what's the story behind that?

given that the ITR was made to be a track car, and that the civic Si is more for spirited street driving, which do you prefer?

obviously the ITR has a better power/weight ratio, but it's also loud as **** on the freeway compaired to the Si.

guess it depends on if you want to keep your g/f comfortable
Old 09-11-2009, 11:19 AM
Road House

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've only seen one ITR in my life.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Same here.... And he looked paranoid as HELL. Rightfully so.

thieves
Old 09-11-2009, 11:54 AM
Road House

This was in Hippieville Vermont. (Burlington) I don't think he had too much to worry about. He'd be more likely to have his longboard and bong stolen.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:20 PM
MiG-21 superfan

IMO, the ITR is about as perfect as a honda can get. it's dialed 100% out of the box. it doesn't feel portly, the lack of torque is not as apparent as it is on most hondas...perfect.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:09 PM
K5^
Brand New

What's messed up? Hopefully just the bumper?
Yeah, from what I've seen, its just the bumper. I haven't fully looked yet because I had to get to class. Fukking dental students.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by K5^
Damn that sucks, the hassle involved is more painful than seeing the damage to your car. At least your okay though, right?
Old 09-11-2009, 04:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by FijiBlueFG2
I've only seen one ITR in my life.
SeRiously?

Is that the one time mom made you go grocery shopping with heR?

JK
Old 09-11-2009, 08:31 PM
Tickle-shits

You're right I don't know much about it. And maybe I am totally wrong along with all the other conspiracy theorists. But with all the crap I'm reading and hearing about it just seems like something doesn't add up. And it just seems a little shocking that weakening the support structure of a few top-level floors brought the entire building down. A building that was supposed to be revolutionary in it's design.
It was revolutionary, when it was built in 1971. No engineer in the world ever plans for a fully fueled jumbo jet to smash in to a building at 700+ mph.

And as for stuff not adding up, you ever been in a 4+ alarm fire?

Quick Reply: ***OFFICIAL 8th Gen General Discussion/Rant/INTRODUCTIONS Thread***