Notices
Honda Civic (2006 - 2015) 2006 - 2015 Civic Forums

***OFFICIAL 8th Gen General Discussion/Rant/INTRODUCTIONS Thread***

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ***One & ONLY Official 8th Gen General Discussion/Ramble/Rant/Intro Thread***

Do you have mental problems??
Is stress ruining your life??
Do you see your self constantly overwhelmed?
If so, call us today for a free consultation
800-969-NMHA (6642)
Old 09-09-2009, 05:35 PM
NO MERCY!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ***One & ONLY Official 8th Gen General Discussion/Ramble/Rant/Intro Thread***

Old 09-09-2009, 05:47 PM
Road House

Originally Posted by i-VTEC_DOHC
read what you typed. isnt that wrong in a general logic sort of way?
because you said its their responsibility to pay for their own rehab, but why should you or i pay for it?

it just doesn't sound right to me.
Ahh, I see what you are saying. I was referring to two different ideas though. Under my plan, the individual needing rehab should be responsible for paying for the rehab. Under Obama's plan, you and I should be responsible for paying for this individual's rehab.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by FijiBlueFG2
Ahh, I see what you are saying. I was referring to two different ideas though. Under my plan, the individual needing rehab should be responsible for paying for the rehab. Under Obama's plan, you and I should be responsible for paying for this individual's rehab.
after i posted, i saw what you were saying lol but i said screw it and i was gonna wait until you posted hahaha but yea i gotcha now. the 2 diff ideas hit me a little late.

but onto the insurance subject, at my job, its up to the employee to choose his/her insurance coverage and 401k plan. now as the employee, we reserve the right to deny coverage for personal reasons, one could be that he/her already has coverage from another source. like me im covered by tricare until im 24 years old and thats because my dad is retired air force. other situations could be that the person is covered by a parent's family plan or from a spouse's insurance plan. but if the employee does suffer a work related injury, it is the employer's responsibility to cover all medical expenses related to the injury and even if the employee has an outside source of insurance, they shouldnt interfere with the employer's insurance. the only transaction they have is an accident report and updates on your condition.

Last edited by i-VTEC_DOHC; 09-09-2009 at 06:31 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:27 PM
K5^
Brand New

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Fukitol, the cure all.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i'm impressed at all of you guys' ability to make this a clean and education discussion. keep it up

btw, installed my CT rear sway bar and I'M LOVIN' IT!!!!!!!! best bang/buck mod i've done yet. not that i've done much lol.

TWM short throw adapter/bushing kit
injen SRI
P2R throttle body spacer
CT rear sway bar
10 inch sub (personal use, not trying to set off car alarms!)
light weight RPF1 wheels

up and coming: cat-back exhaust (can't find one that's quiet enough for my liking yet)
and i have a DC sports race header, debating on if i should even put that one on

also, a slight drop (~1 inch) probably HFP.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:52 AM
NO MERCY!

Originally Posted by Ben850
i'm impressed at all of you guys' ability to make this a clean and education discussion. keep it up

btw, installed my CT rear sway bar and I'M LOVIN' IT!!!!!!!! best bang/buck mod i've done yet. not that i've done much lol.

TWM short throw adapter/bushing kit
injen SRI
P2R throttle body spacer
CT rear sway bar
10 inch sub (personal use, not trying to set off car alarms!)
light weight RPF1 wheels

up and coming: cat-back exhaust (can't find one that's quiet enough for my liking yet)
and i have a DC sports race header, debating on if i should even put that one on

also, a slight drop (~1 inch) probably HFP.
Do it. You won't regret it and you'll definitely notice the gain. Moreso than all your other mods combined.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

very tempting! i just want to be legal

maybe i should get to "know" some people
Old 09-10-2009, 03:29 PM
Tickle-shits

Default Re: ***One & ONLY Official 8th Gen General Discussion/Rant/Intro Thread***

Originally Posted by FijiBlueFG2
Edit: Make the Porsche a beater, make the s2k a weekend warrior.
Why wouldnt I just do it the other way around?
Old 09-10-2009, 04:15 PM
K5^
Brand New

Default Re: ***One & ONLY Official 8th Gen General Discussion/Rant/Intro Thread***

Originally Posted by Tokyosmash!
Why wouldnt I just do it the other way around?
Because this is HT mang.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^now thats a damn good point.
lol
Old 09-10-2009, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Might as well just beat the **** out of both of them. When they start breaking, it will be easy to decide which one to sell.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i think the main factor point in deciding, is which car has the cheaper, more readily available parts?
Old 09-10-2009, 04:59 PM
K5^
Brand New

i think the main factor point in deciding, is which car has the cheaper, more readily available parts?
No. The 911 has already lived a long fulfilling life. Beat the non-Honda!
Old 09-10-2009, 05:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah beat the porsche!!!
Old 09-10-2009, 05:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Exactly why I said this...

Originally Posted by 2008fijibluesi
Might as well just beat the **** out of both of them. When they start breaking, it will be easy to decide which one to sell.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:43 PM
Tickle-shits

The Porsche sold for more than the S2K did new, and still sells more than them used 24 years later with over double the miles...

Its an apples and oranges thing, the 911 is a tank which is a blast to drive, the S2k is a scalpal which is also a blast to drive.

EDIT: and the S is still under warranty
Old 09-10-2009, 06:11 PM
NO MERCY!

So who here thinks demolition charges were planted at the WTC collapse. I thought it was all bull until I came across this picture and saw a couple videos. Now I'm starting to have my doubts that it was just a legitimate structural failure.

Take a good look at the picture and where the puff of debris comes out of. When the WTC towers were built they were built in three sections. In between each is a layer of reinforcement designed to stop a complete collapse. You can clearly see the reinforcements as the darker shade on the towers.

Alot of people are just saying that it's just massive air pressure that is blowing out windows and debris causing what you see in the picture....but if that is the case....why is it only occuring at the reinforcement section and not anywhere above or below it??
Old 09-10-2009, 06:25 PM
K5^
Brand New

It could be just a shock wave. Granted that the reinforcement section is of different composition or structural integrity from the rest of the building could explain why the sudden outburst of of debris exited there instead of the sections below or above it. That's my take.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Ben850
very tempting! i just want to be legal

maybe i should get to "know" some people
Get the Greddy evo 2 its quiet and a nice sudle deep tone. or get somehting liek the se greddy exhaust. I could not be more pleased with the fitment and quality of my header and catback.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:54 PM
NO MERCY!

Originally Posted by K5^
It could be just a shock wave. Granted that the reinforcement section is of different composition or structural integrity from the rest of the building could explain why the sudden outburst of of debris exited there instead of the sections below or above it. That's my take.
Sorry. I don't buy that. And I don't buy that a 110 story building with massive amounts of reinforcements on every level can completely implode and collapse in less than 10 seconds.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well I really dont think that anyone will believe this but the asassination of JFK is not so much a mystery.

My closest buddys grandfather worked for the CIA for 45 years. He told me and my buddy while him being slightly drunk that it was a in house job and alomost any murder that was done and cant really be solved that deals with government ect is all in house!
Old 09-10-2009, 07:05 PM
K5^
Brand New

I don't know. I think that the combination of the planes' velocities, masses, and loads of fuel striking the top halves would be enough to bring down 1970's quality buildings. This would bring down any portion of the building above the points of entry down easily, but I do agree with you that portions below the impacts would take much longer than what indeed happened. However, I'm sure there were several other factors that could have brought down the building entirely, including your idea.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

installed my flashpro lastnight, and all i can say is damnnn. the car runs so mint now, i don't think i could be any happier. ok that's a lie...i'd be happier with a ct supercharger.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:17 PM
MiG-21 superfan

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoon ITR
installed my flashpro lastnight, and all i can say is damnnn. the car runs so mint now, i don't think i could be any happier. ok that's a lie...i'd be happier with a ct supercharger.
tuned? or did you run one of their base calibrations?

Quick Reply: ***OFFICIAL 8th Gen General Discussion/Rant/INTRODUCTIONS Thread***