FAQ: My radio says CODE on it. What do I do? - Honda-Tech

Go Back   >
Log In 


FAQ: My radio says CODE on it. What do I do?

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-08-2006, 12:59 PM   #1
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
Miracle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Clarksville, TN
Posts: 4,827
Default FAQ: My radio says CODE on it... What do I do?

If you have ever disconnected your battery, you will have the word CODE show up on your OEM radio. If you are not the original owner, or even if you are, you may not have the card that came in the owners packet that has the 5 digit code on it. If you do not know what an owners manual packet is, it includesthe following: A service history guide, warranties booklet, a quick start mini owners manual, an owners manual, a tire warranty guide, the radio code and serial number card, and a tire care guide.

When the radio says CODE on it, it is asking you for the 5 digit code on that little white card in the owners manual packet.

Use the "PRESET" station buttons, enter the code, one digit at a time.

If for some reason you do not have that card, you will need to pull the radio out of the dash, and obtain the serial number from the back of it. Then, call your dealership, and they should provide you with the code for your radio.If not, keep calling Honda and Acura dealers until you can find someone that can help. They may require you to come in, maybe with the radio in hand, to obtain the code.


Modified by .Red.EM2 at 9:42 PM 11/7/2006
Miracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 04:56 PM   #2
Needs to be About 20% Cooler
iTrader: (1)
 
DieMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: San Bernardino, CA, USA
Posts: 1,869
Default Re: FAQ: My radio says CODE on it... What do I do? (.Red.EM2)

can i get those books for a 2002?

this should go in FAQ
DieMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 05:05 PM   #3
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
Miracle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Clarksville, TN
Posts: 4,827
Default Re: FAQ: My radio says CODE on it... What do I do? (DieMaster)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieMaster
can i get those books for a 2002?

this should go in FAQ
A dealership should have them, or look on eBay. And I have already PM'd Todd asking for the FAQ status in the main thread.
Miracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 06:39 PM   #4
 
IceAeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Austin, tx, travis
Posts: 13
Default

Actually, here is a trick you can use to obtain the serial number of your OEM radio easily (so you DO NOT have to pull it out of the dash)

Turn your radio off. Hold down the preset button #1 & #6. While holding these buttons down, turn your radio on.

The serial number will be displayed on the LCD in a scrolling fashion, and constantly repeat itself.

So take a pen and paper and write it down as it scrolls by.

This works on my 2002 Honda Civic EX, and many other models.


ALSO:

Sometimes the serial number is located on a white sticker located on the inside or under-side of your glove box. Another spot, is a white sticker possibly on the passenger door frame when the car door is held open.

With this number, you can just call your local Honda dealer and give them the serial number and they can read you the code for your radio. Make sure to write it down for future use.
IceAeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 10:55 AM   #5
 
samanthaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2
Default Re: (IceAeon)

i disconnected my battery yesterday and had to figure out my radio code - when i called the dealership the guy said to look for a white sticker on the glove box, sun visor, cupholders, center console (or anywhere else you can think of where there might be a sticker).

mine was in the glove box. (i have an 03 civic lx.)

if you find the white sticker, the five digit number on it is your radio code.
samanthaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 05:27 PM   #6
Honda-Tech Member
 
latindc2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ, Maricopa
Posts: 1,100
Default

i just got a 01 civic...and i need to know how to adjust the time?
latindc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 07:33 PM   #7
 
alexdovnj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: dover, nj, united states
Posts: 1
Default Re: (IceAeon)

i tried what u suggest it didn't work i have a civic 01 coupe ex ,what else can i do in order to get the damn radio on ?
alexdovnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 09:53 AM   #8
Grace Under Pressure
 
Newborn_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: The Fugitive Motel
Posts: 2,519
Default Re: (alexdovnj)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexdovnj
i tried what u suggest it didn't work i have a civic 01 coupe ex ,what else can i do in order to get the damn radio on ?
Holy crap, 1st post and a search!
Newborn_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:40 PM   #9
Honda-Tech Member
 
i-VTEC_DOHC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: killafornia
Posts: 5,774
Default Re: FAQ: My radio says CODE on it... What do I do? (Miracle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miracle
If you have ever disconnected your battery, you will have the word CODE show up on your OEM radio. If you are not the original owner, or even if you are, you may not have the card that came in the owners packet that has the 5 digit code on it. If you do not know what an owners manual packet is, it includesthe following: A service history guide, warranties booklet, a quick start mini owners manual, an owners manual, a tire warranty guide, the radio code and serial number card, and a tire care guide.

When the radio says CODE on it, it is asking you for the 5 digit code on that little white card in the owners manual packet.

Use the "PRESET" station buttons, enter the code, one digit at a time.

If for some reason you do not have that card, you will need to pull the radio out of the dash, and obtain the serial number from the back of it. Then, call your dealership, and they should provide you with the code for your radio.If not, keep calling Honda and Acura dealers until you can find someone that can help. They may require you to come in, maybe with the radio in hand, to obtain the code.


Modified by .Red.EM2 at 9:42 PM 11/7/2006
well u can just take out ur radio and look on the bottom or top of it and the code is on it
i-VTEC_DOHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 02:43 PM   #10
Sanji
iTrader: (1)
 
toyomatt84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: ALL BLUE
Posts: 25,358
Default Re: FAQ: My radio says CODE on it... What do I do? (i-VTEC_DOHC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by i-VTEC_DOHC
well u can just take out ur radio and look on the bottom or top of it and the code is on it
Actually, that's the serial number. It can be used to get the Unlock Code, but it isn't the code itself.
toyomatt84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 07:27 AM   #11
 
ali311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Imperial, CA, USA
Posts: 7
Default Re: FAQ: My radio says CODE on it... What do I do? (Miracle)

Hello army guy...
I just bought a second hand civic 2005... and of course the radio is lock (anti-theft mode)..... and it didn't come with the owners manual booklet :S even not with the spare tire.

i have searched the freaking code on the net and can't find it.

Can you provide me your radio code? just in case who knows would work on mine please!.

I tried with the '22123' code from an Acura 2005 but didn't work.

ali311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 08:13 AM   #12
Honda-Tech Member
iTrader: (1)
 
daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: you wish you knew....., United States
Posts: 2,076
Default Re: FAQ: My radio says CODE on it... What do I do? (ali311)

you should be able ot get it from a dealer. i believe they need ur vin number. possibly the serial number off the stereo itself
daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 08:50 AM   #13
Honda-Tech Member
 
wickedbautista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sacramento, CA, USA
Posts: 101
Default Re: FAQ: My radio says CODE on it... What do I do? (ali311)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali311
Hello army guy...
I just bought a second hand civic 2005... and of course the radio is lock (anti-theft mode)..... and it didn't come with the owners manual booklet :S even not with the spare tire.

i have searched the freaking code on the net and can't find it.

Can you provide me your radio code? just in case who knows would work on mine please!.

I tried with the '22123' code from an Acura 2005 but didn't work.

Hey i'll share my radio code 36433 hope it helps
wickedbautista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 04:20 PM   #14
 
citystreetsbimmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: long island, new york, usa
Posts: 58
Default dead radio + keyless entry

2002 civic seadan. the battery died so it was replaced with a new one. after the fact everything works but the radio and the keyless entry.i have the code for the radio but it wont light up for me to even type it in.
citystreetsbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 02:33 PM   #15
Junior Member
 
mexxem2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Windsor, On, Canada
Posts: 31
Default Re: FAQ: My radio says CODE on it... What do I do? (wickedbautista)

correct me if im wrong but i believe every radio code is different for every car...
I had this same problem and got annoyed with it so I just bought a pioneer deck.
shows how lazy i am hehe..
mexxem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 12:32 PM   #16
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: hopewell, va, usa
Posts: 1
Default Re: FAQ: My radio says CODE on it... What do I do? (DieMaster)

the dealer will also hide the code either in the glove compartment, under lid of fuse box in engine compartment or between the rear speakers in the trunk, it will be a 5-6 digit code depending on your model, the dirrections to enter the code is in your manual
88bstdteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 02:23 PM   #17
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Peoria, AZ, USA
Posts: 236
Default Re: FAQ: My radio says CODE on it... What do I do? (Miracle)

It's actually ALOT easier than calling or even going into the dealer.

It can all be done online now:

https://radio-navicode.honda.com/

You're welcome
SE-Rious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 08:48 AM   #18
Honda-Tech Member
 
FuriousYellowSi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: North Bay, ON, Canada
Posts: 62
Default

I just had to give my dealership my VIN number and they had my code looked up in minutes
FuriousYellowSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 05:03 AM   #19
Honda-Tech Member
 
scrooge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: somewhere in Toronto or Edmonton
Posts: 593
Default Re: (FuriousYellowSi)

it worked i love you no homo lol
scrooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 06:59 PM   #20
Honda-Tech Member
 
Limestand's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: San jose, ca, us
Posts: 206
Default Re: FAQ: My radio says CODE on it... What do I do? (Miracle)

The code for your radio is always listed in your fuse box under the hood.
Limestand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:17 PM   #21
Sanji
iTrader: (1)
 
toyomatt84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: ALL BLUE
Posts: 25,358
Default Re: FAQ: My radio says CODE on it... What do I do? (Limestand)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limestand
The code for your radio is always listed in your fuse box under the hood.
No it isn't.
toyomatt84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 01:32 PM   #22
 
heylovie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hillsburg, NV, USA
Posts: 1
Default Re: (samanthaw)

Also, for a 2001 Civic EX the sticker is in the trunk, up by the back speakers, behind the metal wire that I think is the trunk release.
heylovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:36 PM   #23
Sanji
iTrader: (1)
 
toyomatt84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: ALL BLUE
Posts: 25,358
Default Re: (heylovie)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heylovie
Also, for a 2001 Civic EX the sticker is in the trunk, up by the back speakers, behind the metal wire that I think is the trunk release.
Not always, it isn't. Mine is on the outside of the glovebox.
toyomatt84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 06:09 PM   #24
Honda-Tech Member
 
_illmatic_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Baton Rouge, LA, USA
Posts: 76
Default Re: (toyomatt84)

Mine is located inside the glove box. 04 LX coupe.
_illmatic_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 02:27 PM   #25
Honda-Tech Member
 
EM2_08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: TK, AR, Us
Posts: 549
Default Re: (loski)

read the top
EM2_08 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
radio code myfirstcar Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) 1 04-08-2014 10:50 PM
radio code retrieval thread honda/acura answers are here....search friendly mr.beeks Acura Integra 7 10-19-2013 08:09 AM
2004 Accord Ex Radio Code fjyuirt Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - Current) 10 10-08-2013 12:46 PM
Radio Code Acura Integra? AcuraTech23 Audio / Security / Video 1 10-23-2008 04:31 PM
Radio code retrival problems Alpha5732 Acura Integra 10 09-30-2007 07:03 PM


Tags
2002, 2003, anti, civic, code, dealership, honda, located, location, lx, radio, radios, raido, sticker, theft, unbrick

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:48 AM.



Honda and the Honda marquee are registered trademarks of the American Honda Motor Company, Inc. Neither American Honda Motor Company nor its subsidiaries or affiliates shall bear any responsibility for Honda-Tech.com content, comments, or advertising. Honda-Tech.com is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Company in any way. American Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse Honda-Tech.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.