Notices
Honda Civic (2001 - 2005) Coupe / Sedan / Hybrid (Includes Acura EL)

Depo LED Tail Lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 09:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Depo LED Tail Lights

Hey Guys!

Its my first post and I just wanted to drop in and say Hi with a very interesting question.

Well, the situation goes as this: I've got a 2001 Civic LX sedan with my tail lights tinted to match the body color (black). As anybody could imagine not much light gets through the lens and tint to the exterior of the tail light thus making things well....a little unsafe, and really irritating for the cops. They love pulling me over for it. Well....since my family has alot to do with law enforcement and stuff I get off with the usual "correctional ticket." So...get it signed by my cousin whos a cop and Im off the hook (no fine, no court dates - nothing) right? Nope. The last time I got yanked to the shoulder by the fuzz he explained and a correctional wasnt like...immunity to getting another ticket for the "equiptment in violation of the law" but rather 'Get it fixed and make a change to the lights or next time I'll get the Fixit-Ticket.

So this has compelled me...and given me an excuse to get some new tail lights. Like Xmas came early! But anyways...I dont like altezzas one bit...infact...If I could afford the tickets for my tail lights...Id keep them to be honest. But I cant...hense a change needs to be made. Now...my taste in these tail lights Ive been looking at has been biased simply because my Dad has a 2006 Accord EX and the LED tails on those are hot! Theyre bright, hense safe (the weary 14 hour haul truck drivers wont turn you into a pancake if they see these light up infront of them.). I love em...so I went searching for LED tails for my own Honda. Ive since found one Manufacturer who makes them: Depo. And Ive only found them on eBay from 2 sellers. Im almost convinced to order them tonight except for one thing...how the HELL do they connect? Right from the plugs that fit into the plastic housings that hold our bulbs into the tail lights? I mean...who knows? I cant find pictures of the backs of the units anywhere...dont know anybody WITH them in their cars (let alone anybody else with a trick 7thgener). Do I just take a look at my Dads setup in the Accord and bite the bullet and just order $150 worth of merch I know little about?

I will tell you though...I would love to go the LED route if all it take is Plug N Play...no wiring necessary...because both bulb housings (the plastic pices the twists into the tail lights) are broken and barely hold normal bulbs in (Thanks cheap LED replacement bulbs). If I dont do that I'd have to find replacement bulb housings / holders...which...i cant find those anywhere.

So somebody please Help!
It'd be soooo appreciated!

Heres the link to the LED tails:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...wItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...wItem
Old 10-23-2007, 09:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Depo LED Tail Lights (Nighthawk7thGen)

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/2129544
Old 10-23-2007, 09:50 AM

Default Re: Depo LED Tail Lights (daddy2be)

Yeah I saw that thread right after I posted. Duh for me...though...that thread contained alot less info than I found helpful.

Obviously I cant Make my own...my light are already coated in tint...which I want nothing to do with in the future...thus DIY LEDs are out of the question.

And yes I hate eBay...and yeah...like has been said...aftermarket tails arent fo the best build quality...and eh...I dont wanna buy OEMs because...thats money I shouldnt have had to spend in the 1st place if I didnt tint my tails anyways. ::DOH:: Its just not the point.

Sooooo its like...if I want to have any satisfaction in this...I want a non-stock, functional out-of-the-box set of tail lights for my sedan....

Idk...even if I dont go wih Led's....has anybody bought just a good set of tails from anywhere? Lol. Just let me know thatd be great!

P.S....if ya know where to get those bulb housings I was talking about...Thats would be good too!

Thanks!
Old 10-23-2007, 09:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Depo LED Tail Lights (Nighthawk7thGen)

i realize it wasnt overly helpful i was just pointing out that there was a thread already going.

imo id stick with OEM. but if your set on going aftermarket i guess id try those LED ones you found. im going to guess they will wire right in.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:46 AM
Sanji

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Re: Depo LED Tail Lights (daddy2be)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by daddy2be &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/2129544</TD></TR></TABLE>