Notices
Honda / Acura Appearance related discussion for Honda / Acura vehicles

URGH.. WRIPPLES IN BODY

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default URGH.. WRIPPLES IN BODY

So.. I had some guy on the street (not even kidding, kill me now) do PDR on my car... He did a "demo" dent and it came out fine, looked good. I had him do more, paid him $100, and drove off. (He left this wax on to "moisturize the paint" so it doesn't chip and crack) I get home, take the junk off after a while.. NONE of the dents are fixed, which doesn't matter mostly because it's the fenders.. but he tried to take one out of the body. (Coupe = behind the door.. the only thing you can't replace easily.) Now it had ripples and cracks in the paint. (Like you hit the back with a hammer, and it dented it really sharp, so the paint cracked..)

Any who.. Does anyone know how you get the ripples out? Does it have to be cut out/replaced? I'm not too worried about the paint, since I was planning on putting a new coat on, anyways..

Can anyone help me out? Don't flame, please... This sucks..
Old 02-12-2007, 05:23 PM

Default Re: URGH.. WRIPPLES IN BODY (blackrag)

btw, i don't have no idea who the guy was... didn't take his lisence plates.. but do have his number.. (which is probably fake).. although he was excited, cause my friend wanted him to wax his car.. so, i might be able to get in contact with him..

is there any legal action i can take?
Old 02-12-2007, 05:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I don't know as far as legal stuff and the problem at hand, but I know when I got PDR for my car, the guy didnt put wax on it at all. He polished it so he could see the dents better, then he removed them. It sounds shady that a guy would put wax on the car to moisturize it, because that wouldnt prevent the paint from cracking during PDR as far as I know...
Old 02-12-2007, 10:10 PM

Default Re: URGH.. WRIPPLES IN BODY (fycus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fycus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I don't know as far as legal stuff and the problem at hand, but I know when I got PDR for my car, the guy didnt put wax on it at all. He polished it so he could see the dents better, then he removed them. It sounds shady that a guy would put wax on the car to moisturize it, because that wouldnt prevent the paint from cracking during PDR as far as I know... </TD></TR></TABLE>

exactly, right? seemed like he wanted to cover his horrible job. scammer.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The last time I paid some guy on a street corner for pdr, I came home with herpes. Trust me I would much rather have ripples.

I would try to find that guy again and get your money back or something... I would be pissed, of course, I would have also checked out the spots before driving off but what's done is done.