Default Re: SSR WHEEL PIC THREAD

Originally Posted by RussLaviolette
Are they going on the coupe, Brice?
That's the plan.
Old 04-07-2015, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

apparently these are made by ssr, a set of step lip and a pair of reverse lip 15"s have been up for sale recently but there are no stampings on the back of the wheel to say they are made by ssr, but the step lipped set have the ssr sticker on the inner barrel. any clues?

Old 04-10-2015, 12:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ha.. I've been watching those..
Just struggling to justify the money for the silver pair now! Much want..

But yep, sure would be!

Speedstar (along with others to a lesser extent) made MANY multipiece versions of wheels for other companies back in the day. Versions of popular wheels sold by Techno Project, Colin, Devil Japan, etc; when offered in 1pc and 3pc - the latter more than likely was made by SSR.

So many other wheels we consider SSR's were too made to be sold through other companies; Hiro, Hasemi, Defi, Racing Hart, Renoma, Watanabe, Longchamp, and so on..

Originally Posted by Captain Key!s
Finally sold off the rest of my non-SSR wheels...guess what, now I get to buy more SSR!

RdS- Said it before, but your collection is second to none. Ralph's was amazing, but none of his gear was NOS. Well done!

-Greg-
VERY nice.
Any ideas? Time for some Defi Fin's I think..!

..and cheers..! Probably making it all look a little too nice, but rest assured.. its just a large assortment of battered old rims.
As for the NOS stuff; I'm just bummed about the amount of stuff I've had to pass on! Damn money...
Old 04-10-2015, 02:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The opposite of what I mentioned above - a wheel that is often considered an SSR..
SpeedStar made the multi-piece starshark for Colin. Here is the one piece version, made by Kyoho..

Familiar SSR cap..

And for some more legit-SSR love - pics of a pair of EX-C aero covers I picked up recently.
Rough, and far from the silver they once were (hence the fauxrtistic desaturated pics..).. but rare to find some so deep!
..rare to find some at all actually.. but ehh..!

..thats a tall EX-C cap..!

Old 04-10-2015, 05:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i figured the maxims were made by ssr considering the sticker and all, just odd that the back of the mounting pad isn't like any other ssr wheel. thought the centres could have been swapped to an ssr barrel. i got the 7.5/9j set of the maxims so i guess i'll do some more inspections when they get here!

funny with those aero covers though, two pairs of them (one with 3? lol) were up within 2 days, never seen any others for as long as i've been searching yahoo auctions. good buy though! they look awesome

Last edited by toyomatt84; 04-10-2015 at 09:35 PM. Reason: There was no need to quote his entire post.
Old 04-10-2015, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ssr defi

SSR DEFI EF HEAVEN

Last edited by toyomatt84; 04-12-2015 at 11:36 PM.
Old 04-14-2015, 04:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Devil Japan Shadow made by SSR
Old 04-14-2015, 07:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ssr defi fins

ssr defi fins

SSR DEFI FINS

ssr defi fins

ssr defi fins

ssr defi fins
Old 05-10-2015, 02:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Noob so go easy please.

I got these wheels in from Japan on Friday. I had never seen them before.

They are 15x7 front and 15x7 rear, 0 offset and 4x110 PCD.

Date sticker on the barrel

Dish (approximately 4 inches) as shown with an iPhone 4

Here's the offset and PCD on the sticker on the inner barrel

And the fronts

It seems quite normal that 110 PCD was not a standard option, hence the extra 110 sticker, which I have seen a few times on wheels on the net.

These wheels are supposed to have a 3 piece centre, with a plate, a collar and a cap from what I have read. I didn't get these with the wheels so am now on the lookout for some.

Being 0 offset they should stick out quite a bit, as standard offset on the car I want to put them on is +25 so I'm hoping they fit under the guards. Only one way to find out.

They appear straight and true and will need a good clean, but I'm hoping they will look something like this:

And here's the car I want to put them on:

CAUTION: CONTAINS MAZDA

Old 05-10-2015, 06:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yep those are exc mesh missing rings and caps. And I want that car! Noice
Old 05-14-2015, 12:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by lobuck
Yep those are exc mesh missing rings and caps. And I want that car! Noice
Thanks mate.

Test fitting went well. They will work.

There's over an inch clearance on the inside at the rear and about the same at the front. They just fit under the guards, and I mean JUST.
Old 05-16-2015, 03:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

got these yesterday! still not so convinced they're made by ssr looking at the back of the wheel, but the sticker is there so i guess at least the barrels/lips are made by ssr.

15x7.5/9 +0, made in 1983. crappy pics because i'm not so happy with how they look, i'll snap up proper ones once they're refinished
Old 05-20-2015, 03:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Does anyone know if there were any Type X decals ever made? Ive searched and havent found anything Google didnt help with anything so figured the gurus here would know if there were any ever made. Trying to refurbish a set and just need decals,thanks
Old 06-03-2015, 04:29 AM
Trial User

Hello All,

I bought some SSR EX-C Scopes from someone and they are 17x8 5x114.3 polished. I really love these wheels and always was a fan of the old school SSR wheels. Does anyone know if I can just remove the face or are these sandwich 3 piece wheels? Also, how do I know what the torque will be for the nuts for the face and where can I get that tool? I really appreciate your help if someone can help me. Thank you.
Old 06-03-2015, 07:00 PM
Sanji

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

The hardware for the faces should be a metric 12-point socket (I'm not 100% certain on size), and the backside should just be a 6-point socket.

Torque specs should be 35 lb/ft when you get to re-assembly.
Old 06-27-2015, 03:15 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 06-30-2015, 09:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ssr defi gel stickers in black & chrome and white & clear. ssr ex-c mesh and fins gel stickers in black & chrome. speed star racing. ef heaven
Old 07-12-2015, 09:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by EVIL EF9 RHD

ssr defi gel stickers in black & chrome and white & clear. ssr ex-c mesh and fins gel stickers in black & chrome. speed star racing. ef heaven
could use those type x center caps
Old 07-22-2015, 01:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Below is my set of SSR Professor SP1 17x7 + 38 (4x114.3) These are just some of the pictures I have of them. I have more detailed pictures for those who are interested. My price is $600 for pickups. Shipping will cost a little extra depending on the location.

The last picture is that of the bend in one of the wheels. My powdercoater said it was very fixable. My plan for these wheels was to fix the bend, take apart the wheels, polish the lips and bolts, and powdercoat the faces.

DSC_0602
DSC_0613 DSC_0620 DSC_0621 DSC_0608
Old 07-23-2015, 09:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

This is the greatest SSR post on all of the internet. The pages I have went through helped me realize that SSR has a hell of a history and following!

I currently own a set of SSR Type-X that I bought new from DAZZ in SoCal back in 1995 and tried my best to keep good care of them. I never put the original SSR decals on them, and still have the original stem hardware and even the valve caps. It's amazing how they have held up for 20 years of use (first had them on my CRX, then my EM1, and also for almost 75,000 miles on my 07 Fit Sport. One of the center caps are finally peeling and I was hoping someone might know if there was a place that could re-anodize/restore it? There is also a scratch along the red lip when a retard of a tire tech put on when I had one of the tires replaced- and the tire shop thought they could just buy me another rim to make amends. I had to explain to them that it was an 18 year old rim at the time and was no longer for sale new. I haven't even seen them for sale used

The scratch isn't really that deep or noticeable, but I would like to have it refinished. Any help would be appreciated, hopefully there's a shop in California that could do this.
Old 07-25-2015, 09:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by SmobbinSi
This is the greatest SSR post on all of the internet. The pages I have went through helped me realize that SSR has a hell of a history and following!

I currently own a set of SSR Type-X that I bought new from DAZZ in SoCal back in 1995 and tried my best to keep good care of them. I never put the original SSR decals on them, and still have the original stem hardware and even the valve caps. It's amazing how they have held up for 20 years of use (first had them on my CRX, then my EM1, and also for almost 75,000 miles on my 07 Fit Sport. One of the center caps are finally peeling and I was hoping someone might know if there was a place that could re-anodize/restore it? There is also a scratch along the red lip when a retard of a tire tech put on when I had one of the tires replaced- and the tire shop thought they could just buy me another rim to make amends. I had to explain to them that it was an 18 year old rim at the time and was no longer for sale new. I haven't even seen them for sale used

The scratch isn't really that deep or noticeable, but I would like to have it refinished. Any help would be appreciated, hopefully there's a shop in California that could do this.
Good luck finding another 1, ever think about trying to use some redo anodized paint to redo the lip yourself? Ive also been looking for 2 type x caps with no luck, I have a buddy who does 3d computer printing and said he could replicate the cap but not sure how good it would turn out. If you dont mind could you post pics of the decals you have for your wheels? I currently refinished mine and wanted to add decals but not sure what they looked like besides the standard ssr sticker,thanks
Old 07-31-2015, 05:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

SSR EX-C 15X7.5 4X114.3 -5
Old 08-09-2015, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

SSR Type X <br/>15x7+42<br/>Falken Ziex 195 50 15<br/>
Old 09-03-2015, 03:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

WTB: 60mm mesh caps

please email me. I haven't been on here in years and I don't think I'll be making a comeback. fwdtamiya@ yahoo.com

Last edited by fwdtamiya; 09-03-2015 at 05:48 PM.
Old 09-06-2015, 08:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

A little later than the usual stuff I post; some early 2000's, fast-n-furious-era SSR..

Veilside Andrew F's; made by SSR for Veilside in the early 2000's.

Hilariously uncool now; but as always.. their time will come again..

Quick Reply: SSR WHEEL PIC THREAD