Notices
Honda / Acura Appearance related discussion for Honda / Acura vehicles

Ramhorn exhaust on non turbo civic?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 08:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ramhorn exhaust on non turbo civic?

Hey guys,will i really like the ramhorn exhaust but i dont have turbo and wont get one for a long while,do they just sell ramhorns that could fit after market exhaust?thanks or do you think id have to make something to make it work?
Attached Images  
Old 03-13-2014, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Ramhorn exhaust on non turbo civic?

Uhhh. No. Have one custom made LOL
Old 03-14-2014, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Get something like this....

This is what I want mine to look like but I am keeping my AC/PS, so I am SOL.

Old 03-14-2014, 02:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Header options for d series are pretty limited. If you know someone who can weld decently, there's no reason you couldn't have a ram horn adapted for n/a. Doesn't mean it will be effective or even beneficial though.
Old 03-14-2014, 02:46 PM
The Credible Hulk

Originally Posted by EFSedan#6
Is that Big Tuna's old motor? Feel like I've seen this one before.

Bisi header... nah I'll let it go.

Last edited by burnoutboy; 03-14-2014 at 03:18 PM.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

be the first buy a ramhorn manifold and just have a down pipe fabricated to bolt straight to manifold...so you can get that -5897hp
Old 03-16-2014, 07:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Bisimoto
Old 03-21-2014, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Such beauty.

Much want.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yea those bisimotos are dope.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Just sharing my experience with the Bisimoto header.

I'm no welder or fabricator but after researching headers from Bisimoto and others, I feel I can confidently say the quality of craftsmanship on the ones I received are not the best. Esp for the $1,080(after shipping) price tag...

Looking up into the collector

They didn't even do a good job tacking their own name plate on!! lol

I've had this header on my car for about 3 weeks and only 300miles. One of the pipes is already showing surface rust..

I did A LOT of research on this header before purchasing. I looked into the PLM header which is a knock off of this one. If I had to do it over again, I would have just bought the PLM knockoff for $450 or w/e it is. I found this review on them someone did and looking at their pictures, the quality looks just as good, if not better for over less than half the price!
http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-ge...er-review.html
(^for a tsx but I'm comparing quality, not exact header)
Seems like a good number of S2k guys like the PLM headers as well..

Oh well. Power seems good but when looking at quality, not good.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

HAHA I call bullshit on that **** you posted above. There's no way EVER they'd let that go out the door. The primaries aren't even fully welded around the head flange. WTF did you buy? Better, from where? I'd bet hundreds that's not authentic, but a ghetto fab backyard bisi knockoff.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ChaseIntegra
HAHA I call bullshit on that **** you posted above. There's no way EVER they'd let that go out the door. The primaries aren't even fully welded around the head flange. WTF did you buy? Better, from where? I'd bet hundreds that's not authentic, but a ghetto fab backyard bisi knockoff.
This is not bullshit. I ordered DIRECTLY from Bisimoto. Most of the parts I order for my race cars are either ordered directly from the company or through my sponsor who gets parts directly from the company. Bisimoto claims to custom build each header upon ordering. Outside of getting a knockoff like the PLM, something from ebay or used, I don't know how else you would get a Bisimoto header because you can only order direct...

I placed the order FROM THE BISIMOTO SITE on December 30th, 2013. When I ordered, they sent an email comfirmation and also a "order spec sheet" that I had to fill out because, like I said above, each header is custom built to order. The header took 2 full months to arrive at my door from the date of ordering. I had sent numerous email back and forth with Janet @ Bisimoto regarding when the order would be sent because I was on a time crunch to get my car ready for the first weekend of races. THAT was a whole mess but I won't get into that here. Lets just say things were not handled appropriately as far as getting my order in on a timely manor and doing what is necessary.

The day the header arrived, I opened the box, inspected everything and not 5minutes later I CALLED Janet @ Bisimoto to express my dissatisfaction with the quality of the header. I explained everything to her and she said I needed to take pictures so their manufacturing guys could look at it. By then I only had a few days to get my car ready for the first race weekend. I had to take the car to a shop to have the header installed/welded on and had a list of other things to do just days/the day before the first race. I was fed up with them being slow and not getting the header to me on time and didn't want to deal with their BS after spending my time taking/sending pictures. I pretty much knew that they would most likely feed me some BS and say tough luck so I didn't bother.

Still don't believe me? Here is the order confirmation DIRECTLY off my account from the Bisimoto website.

Here is the spec sheet they sent right after the order confirmation that I had filled out and sent to them.

And here are the very last few email exchanges I had with Janet @ Bisimoto before she called and I spoke to her on the phone about the quality to which, like mentioned, she told me to send pictures so their manufacturing guys could look at it.

This IS a REAL Bisimoto header and as far as quality goes, it IS GARBAGE. I have a few friends with CRX's/EF Civics who have Bisimotos older version d-series header and theirs doesn't look like this but my friends also don't look anything like the one famously pictured on their website and that was posted on here by you. In the end, I'll never buy anything from Bisimoto and I certainly will never recommend anything from them. I'm in the midst of writing a full review on this header and my experience with Bisimoto, I've just been waiting a little bit to see how the welds hold up(a known common issue with Bisimoto headers).

Still don't believe me? I could provide even more proof but I think I've done enough so believe what you want. I know where my money goes and I've been doing this long enough to know well enough not to blow $1,100 on a fake.
Old 03-25-2014, 03:48 PM
been there done that

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You didn't find the threads on bisi's crap quality and China outsourcing these supposed custom headers in your research?
Old 03-25-2014, 04:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by doood
You didn't find the threads on bisi's crap quality and China outsourcing these supposed custom headers in your research?
I came across A LOT of crap when researching Bisimoto before purchase and during their manufacturing period before I received the header... I took a risk based off of what my friends experiences were and it didn't go out as well as I had hoped, but believe me I'm not all that surprised to be honest. So it is what it is. Like I said, doing a full review on this header to get the word out so people stop jumping on Bisimoto's nuts. I probably will follow suit with Bisimoto at some point just to see what, and if, they have anything to say about this header. Should be interesting..

BTW, I just noticed in the cell phone pictures I posted with the header on the car that the "Bisimoto" plate that was "tack welded"(more like glued) on to the pipe fell off! LOL. No idea when that happened...
Old 03-25-2014, 04:33 PM
been there done that

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn shame. For just a little bit more than what you spent on that trash you could've gotten a MUCH better header.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I stand corrected. That's pretty f*cked up, literally. I'd have borrowed a header for your race & gotten a refund from them for that. That's 100% unacceptable. If anyone wants a real header, the NW is where to look. ASP headers and Speedfactory build some top quality stuff.