Notices
Honda / Acura Appearance related discussion for Honda / Acura vehicles

Paint Job?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2002, 10:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint Job?

hello againg guys,,
am thinking of touching up my 91crx with a new coat of paint. the car is currently white but i would like it black, i've been told to leave it white cause it would be a pain in the *** and too much money to change color. Someone told me about the Maaco paint job, are they any good, i know they have several categories. Has anyone gotten a Maaco job in their CRX and if so which one, and how did it come out.

thank you guys
jose
Old 12-17-2002, 11:45 PM

Default Re: Paint Job? (fajoza45)

I have a friend that had his car painted there, it looked pretty good, not awesome, but for what he paid I'd say it was pretty good....
Old 12-17-2002, 11:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Paint Job? (Forever JDM)

yea you get what you pay for.
Old 12-17-2002, 11:57 PM

Default Re: Paint Job? (Forever JDM)

I just had my car painted at Maaco. I did all the body and prep work and just took it there to get sprayed. I got their $750 ultra-urethane job w/ a sealer for $450 (I have a friend that gets hookups there). I didnt have them paint the door sills, under the hood or in the wheel wells since i wasnt changing the color. There are a few runs under the mirrors, but other than that it came out good.

This isnt the best picture, but I will have more soon hopefully.
Old 12-18-2002, 01:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Paint Job? (Rydaddy)

You take the good with the bad good prices but not a very long lasting paint job I had a 69 Pontiac LeMans painted there quite a few years back and it didnt turn out bad but I saw it after I sold if a few years later and it had already faded. So its good at first just doesnt last long. As for them doing body work I wouldnt trust them much I haul cars to and from dealers and auctions and quite a few of them I take them and pick them up from Maaco and have talked to quite a few of the guys there and they told me that to fill like holes and crap like that that they will actually take like garbage or their sandwiches and cram them in the hole and then put a little body filler over that and then just spray it. Not very good work but there is always exceptions to all shops not all are the same. I would just find one that your interested in and try to see before and afters of cars they have done or even if you can talk to some customers and get their response first hand...
Old 12-18-2002, 05:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Paint Job? (Vinceg99)

a few of the guys there and they told me that to fill like holes and crap like that that they will actually take like garbage or their sandwiches and cram them in the hole and then put a little body filler over that and then just spray it.
i've heard of you get what you pay for, but taking garbage and putting it on a person's car is just horrible. much less a sandwich that will rot!
pretty disgusting!
Old 12-18-2002, 05:01 AM

Default Re: Paint Job? (Vinceg99)

I will tell you that if you are looking to have your car painted I can give you a place to get it painted cheap anywhere in the country. I work for the BASF automotive refinish division and have connections in body shops and paint dealers all throughout the country. let me know
Old 12-18-2002, 06:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Paint Job? (Rydaddy)

There are a few runs under the mirrors, but other than that it came out good.
Yah....that's what me and my bro experienced when we got his car painted Black at Maaco. Everything was good except for minor **** ups and drips here and there. but when you want everything perfect with your car....no **** up is minor.
We did a 350 dollar deal or something from a "Mint" magazine...those coupon deals you get in the mail every now and then.
Old 12-18-2002, 08:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Paint Job? (CRXMATT)

CRXMATT we need more info on your hook up man
Old 12-18-2002, 11:34 AM

Default Re: Paint Job? (CRXMATT)

hey guys,
thanks for the replies. Thats a terrible thing to do, put a sandwich in the whole. As far as doing my own body work i dont know how to, i think i will look around and see what i can find. I dont want to spend lots of money in a paintjob, i just want to give the car a clean look, i guess i'll stay with the white. I have those black lines on the doors does that get painted or do i replace them, i would like to have that white also.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will tell you that if you are looking to have your car painted I can give you a place to get it painted cheap anywhere in the country. I work for the BASF automotive refinish division and have connections in body shops and paint dealers all throughout the country. let me know

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CRXMATT anything you can do is greatly appreciated. Even if is just a trusted shop.
thanks guys