Notices
Honda / Acura Appearance related discussion for Honda / Acura vehicles

Maaco questions for people who have gone there (yes i searched and no maaco haters please)

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maaco questions for people who have gone there (yes i searched and no maaco haters please)

My cars flat black and i couldnt work enough this summer to save much money but i just really want a paint job. ive been searching around finding info and looking at pics of Maaco done paint jobs and like it for the money. Ive always heard rumors about them overspraying like crazy. how true is this? i dont know if i can trailer it up there so i dont really know how likely it is for me to tape everything off before i get there. if i can get a trailer though and tape everything off and do all the prep work myself (ie take out dents and sand) what kind of job can i get for 700 bucks? I want to get an extra clear coat and im hoping that since ill be doing everything but the painting thats possible for that amount of money.

Please maaco haters dont waste your time cause you wont change my mind. Im just tired of my car being flat black. im not gonna have the money for a better job any time soon and painting it myself isnt an option.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Maaco questions for people who have gone there (h23eg)

maccco??, really depends on where you go...some place they do a badd job and some place they do a really good job but you must have dineros, my guy got his prelude done and it looks flawless, wish i had the pics to show u man
Old 07-26-2005, 10:58 AM

Default Re: Maaco questions for people who have gone there (spoon_meeH)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spoon_meeH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">maccco??, really depends on where you go...some place they do a badd job and some place they do a really good job but you must have dineros, my guy got his prelude done and it looks flawless, wish i had the pics to show u man</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks, do you know what package he got and how much he paid?

anyone else?
Old 07-26-2005, 11:05 AM

i couldn't decide on them either. various people were telling me that you 'get what you pay for'
so i just kept the EF primer grey, maybe you should do the same?
Old 07-26-2005, 11:17 AM

I got mine done two years ago at Macco's and well if I were to do it again I would prep it myself. And check up on previous work they have done. It really just depends on their painter. I had overspray from their doing. They told me a week I would have my car but it ended up being three and then they told me their painter was a new guy and was having problems. It seems like you're going to do anyways so just prep it.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:13 PM

Default Re: (ej1_girl)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ej1_girl &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I got mine done two years ago at Macco's and well if I were to do it again I would prep it myself. And check up on previous work they have done. It really just depends on their painter. I had overspray from their doing. They told me a week I would have my car but it ended up being three and then they told me their painter was a new guy and was having problems. It seems like you're going to do anyways so just prep it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

where did you get overspray? and did they take care of it or did you? if you did it how easy/hard was it to remove
Old 07-26-2005, 03:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (h23eg)

im tired of posting pics of my hatchback that got painted there. my car was flat black too!! came out good. cant complain for $470 and they didnt overspray
Old 07-28-2005, 03:28 PM

Default Re: (boostedej1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostedej1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im tired of posting pics of my hatchback that got painted there. my car was flat black too!! came out good. cant complain for $470 and they didnt overspray</TD></TR></TABLE>

they were trying to tell me that the paint may turn out crappy cause of the flat black. did they tell you this too? so im sanding it off plus theyre giving me their prep process for free. im getting the supreme job plus clear for 650. hopefully itll turn out good.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (h23eg)

My car was painted by maaco. They didn't mask very well, and it is really rough in some areas (dryspray, orange peel, paint flaking off, etc) PO had it painted there. Gay.
Old 07-29-2005, 07:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ClubDownforce)

mine was also the supreme but i only paid 470. they had a deal going. there was orange peel. i had paint flake on my bumper but thats only because i hit a 2x4 on the highway and it hit my back bumper and a small piece chipped off. they actually prepped it. looked like there was some type of sealer under the paint. still shines even with the new owner
Old 07-29-2005, 07:18 PM

Default Re: (boostedej1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostedej1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">mine was also the supreme but i only paid 470. they had a deal going. there was orange peel. i had paint flake on my bumper but thats only because i hit a 2x4 on the highway and it hit my back bumper and a small piece chipped off. they actually prepped it. looked like there was some type of sealer under the paint. still shines even with the new owner </TD></TR></TABLE>

sounds good. they threw in the prep package, some kind of sealer and primer or something, for free. Ive been sanding my flat black down real good just in case anyway.