Notices
Honda / Acura Appearance related discussion for Honda / Acura vehicles

Photocrew site suggestion.....you let us know what you would like to see

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Photocrew site suggestion.....you let us know what you would like to see

K. guys me and jake(unsungem1) are here for you.

we thank each and every person who has checked out our site and all the support we have received.

we strive to keep the site up to date with new photos and new photographers for you guys to check out. with the winters months on us it has become slow(screw you cali guys ).

so now we come to you guys.....what would you guys like to see on our site?
we are looking for suggestion on ways you guys think we can make our site better for you guys.

if you have anyone who you think would be a good addition to our site tell them to e-mail us at htphotocrew@hotmail.com if the email is filled up please just IM myself or jake.

on behalf of all on the photocrew i would like to say thanks to every person who has given us praise we appreciate every bit of it. when i brought the idea to jake i personally didnt think we would have as much success as we have had.

http://www.h-tphotocrew.com
-hibbs

-edit- If you are a business and want to sponsor the photo crew by having a banner for your website on our site please contact me or jake(unsungem1) and we will give you more info. last month we had over 11,000 unique hits.

Modified by hibbs at 11:29 PM 2/5/2004
Old 02-05-2004, 08:45 PM

Default Re: Photocrew site suggestion.....you let us know what you would like to see (hibbs)

Great idea hibbs. Most of us have terrible weather and can't get out to shoot much, I know that's been my case.

Like the man said, let's see some suggestions.
Old 02-05-2004, 08:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Photocrew site suggestion.....you let us know what you would like to see (hibbs)

advice for n00bs like me on how to use our cameras..(if you guys already have this...my bad.)

the photoshop tutorials have been great.
Old 02-05-2004, 08:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

needs more ****.
Old 02-05-2004, 08:54 PM

Default Re: Photocrew site suggestion.....you let us know what you would like to see (chainsaw)

Bigger pictures, or at least a section with pictures that are bigger. I love Hi-Res. pics.

Other then that, I would say keep the good work up. The updates I have seen so far are awsome and I cant wait for spring, summer and fall to come around for us and others to get some amazing shots.
Old 02-05-2004, 09:00 PM

Default Re: Photocrew site suggestion.....you let us know what you would like to see (Bryant)

maybe a monthly photo contest? people can vote for their favorite photocrew pics or we can vote on some user submitted pics?

maybe the photocrew can part w/ some of their photo secrets? angles, exposure, color, etc..

otherwise, the site is great!
Old 02-05-2004, 09:02 PM

Default Re: Photocrew site suggestion.....you let us know what you would like to see (SawBoss)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SawBoss &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">maybe the photocrew can part w/ some of their photo secrets? angles, exposure, color, etc..

</TD></TR></TABLE>

we will have "photography tutorials" up soon....they have been "coming soon" since we started so i guess we better get some up...haha
Old 02-05-2004, 09:02 PM
Banned

Default Re: Photocrew site suggestion.....you let us know what you would like to see (SawBoss)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SawBoss &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">maybe a monthly photo contest? people can vote for their favorite photocrew pics or we can vote on some user submitted pics?

maybe the photocrew can part w/ some of their photo secrets? angles, exposure, color, etc..

otherwise, the site is great! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Definately on the user submitted contests..
Old 02-05-2004, 09:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

YOU NEED MORE STEP-BY-STEP HOW-TOOSSSSSSSS
Old 02-05-2004, 09:56 PM

Default Re: Photocrew site suggestion.....you let us know what you would like to see (RUBZERK)

Me in the gallery section

naw, maybe when I get a new camera
Old 02-05-2004, 09:58 PM

Default Re: Photocrew site suggestion.....you let us know what you would like to see (RUBZERK)

site is great man, except i'm not in the "cool people" section yet. when i get there is when the site is complete

on a serious note, sort of sucked that it launched so late in the season with winter and what not, but hey you guys did it and it worked.

things i'd like to see?

nothing new, i like the site as is, has a lot of good info. I'd just like to see more updates, but thats on the photographers, and maybe a question and answer section? where people can ask questions and what not.

to you guys and h-tphotocrew.com
Old 02-05-2004, 10:03 PM

Default Re: Photocrew site suggestion.....you let us know what you would like to see (EF8 ownz u)

Wallpapers....

or go with the idea unsung and I had before, maybe release a wallpaper sized pic...

different styles, like a calendar slapped on it, maybe some other styles...

but bigger pics is a must, but always bandwith hungry...

like right now, how you have the thumbs on the site, why not make it so you can choose an image, then choose a size to view it in...

edit: keep the current "style", it is a good looking site, and very easy to navigate which is always a in my book...
Old 02-05-2004, 10:05 PM

Default Re: Photocrew site suggestion.....you let us know what you would like to see (Hybrid Racer)

I'm in the process of upgrading the servers storage size... if I could get a sponsor for the site (of course we would give you front-page advertising) for about $50/mo, I could upgrade toa really good server.
Old 02-05-2004, 10:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

camera step-by-steps and bigger pics!
Old 02-05-2004, 10:07 PM

Default Re: Photocrew site suggestion.....you let us know what you would like to see (Hybrid Racer)

change the picture viewing so that it isnt a drop down menu, and you dont have to click it and scroll everytime you want to see another picture
Old 02-05-2004, 10:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hell... I'm suprised that my D.A. made it.
How about group shot's from other city's.
Old 02-05-2004, 10:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Photocrew site suggestion.....you let us know what you would like to see (JAK)

Jake, am I allowed to take pictures of Ferraris?
If so, I have a friend who has a couple of 'em..
Old 02-05-2004, 10:24 PM

Default Re: Photocrew site suggestion.....you let us know what you would like to see (turbopanda)

Nope, Ferrari's are off-limits

Man, whats the hold up! Go over there right now and start snappin.
Old 02-05-2004, 10:30 PM

Default Re: Photocrew site suggestion.....you let us know what you would like to see (turbopanda)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbopanda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Jake, am I allowed to take pictures of Ferraris?
If so, I have a friend who has a couple of 'em.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

jerk! i look outside and see snow! oh wait whats that...were getting another 15 cm's more! great! haha...

back to the site question:

i agree with the photo contest. but you would need to have strict limits obviously or else 10000000000000 people will be sending in pics etc... have rules set like size of pic (800x600 or whatever)...etc you obviously know the rest.

but i just find that under the camera review section, many of those camera's are out of reach of some members ( at least i know myself) to actually go out and buy. maybe try doing a review on a 3.2 megapixel cam like the Canon A70 or another "entry" model digi cam...

thanks and your site is d0pE!
Old 02-05-2004, 10:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Photocrew site suggestion.....you let us know what you would like to see (Nader_D)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nader_D &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

jerk! i look outside and see snow! oh wait whats that...were getting another 15 cm's more! great! haha...</TD></TR></TABLE>

jerk! look where i'm located. i've never seen or touched snow in my life! lol
Old 02-05-2004, 10:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

LOL... snow in Thailand?
Old 02-05-2004, 10:44 PM
Nikon!!!

Default Re: Photocrew site suggestion.....you let us know what you would like to see (JAK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JAK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">LOL... snow in Thailand?</TD></TR></TABLE>

turbopanda gives out snoballs
Old 02-05-2004, 11:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Photocrew site suggestion.....you let us know what you would like to see (thaiphob)

i think the site was a very good idea. let the people with photography talent shine

one thing i would suggest is.... when we look at the photo gallery, then select the photographer. Dont really like the open thumbs thing... if all the pics were in thumbnails on one page that would be better instead of scrolling up and down looking for a tiny pic. just a suggestion.... who am i to tell you guys want to do.

no matter what the site is a great idea
Old 02-05-2004, 11:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Photocrew site suggestion.....you let us know what you would like to see (Kid1320)

for the sight guys. i dont see anything that should be considered that hasnt already been mentioned. not only is the photography great the site it easy to use.
Old 02-05-2004, 11:11 PM

Default Re: Photocrew site suggestion.....you let us know what you would like to see (Kid1320)

Heres why we got rid of the thumbnails on the left, like we had for the first couple weeks:

1) Screen size. Even today there are a lot of people running 800x600 screen resolutions, and since all our pictures are sized to 700px, that wouldn't leave us a lot of room to put the thumbnails on the left. We could put them on the bottom, but that would just be more stuff loading and it would give a scroll bar on the main frame, which I like to avoid for the high-res guys.

2) Layout. I wanted to keep the layout clean and appealing, instead of having tons of thumbs trying to load in a wierd arrangement, I wanted to keep the attention on the main picture so people weren't just clicking through the site fast, so they would sit and look at a picture.

A lot of people have gave that suggestion, but the galleries are giong to stay the way they are.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I really like the "Ask Photocrew" idea.