4 to 5 lug adapters

Old 02-20-2008, 12:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.speed-ws.com/024to5114.htm
Old 02-20-2008, 04:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 4 to 5 lug adapters (donut.)

if somebody wants to run the adapters then why question it??? ive met the owner of the Fit with the type r wheels, he likes to be a lil different and has a thing for wheels and making people ask questions..not to mention he is knowledgable in the area of adapters and what not.. before the type r wheels he had a set of enkie 92's with a +25 offset on the car..so ? but hten again it is honda-tech sooo
Old 02-20-2008, 04:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hey do whatever makes you happy. this is a discussion board and im entitled to express my opinion. dont get offended
Old 02-20-2008, 05:01 PM

So here's a question.... donut u seem to be the only person contributing actually knowledge w/ offsets and what would work or not...OEM prelude rims are +55 offset w/these adapters would they work on a 96 gsr when u calculate the added offset??? If not could u explain why not in terms of offset?
Old 02-20-2008, 06:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you shouldn't have a problem. depends how low you are though but you can work with it by rolling your fenders and not running a camber kit.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (donut.)

Old 02-20-2008, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

fakin 5lug.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

looks like fun
Old 02-20-2008, 08:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 4 to 5 lug adapters (brand0)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by brand0 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
</TD></TR></TABLE>

damn, nice
Old 02-20-2008, 10:11 PM
Ladies and gentlemen we are floating in space...

Default Re: (DREWdabuilder)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DREWdabuilder &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">fakin 5lug.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah d00d cuz like havin that FIF LUG is the hottness and itz gotta come rite oFF da hub!!!!! adds mad torques and horsepowerz!!1

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Pino_WM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So here's a question.... donut u seem to be the only person contributing actually knowledge w/ offsets and what would work or not...OEM prelude rims are +55 offset w/these adapters would they work on a 96 gsr when u calculate the added offset??? If not could u explain why not in terms of offset?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Take the +55 offset and subtract off whatever the width of the spacers/adapters is....I think they're about 15mm? That would give you a +40, which is a fine size for an Integra. If the spacers/adapters are 25mm thick, you'll have +30, which is getting kind of low. Plenty of people use that size, though, but usually in 15" sizes and you'll have to make sure you have the right size tire and camber. The width is the most important aspect and I don't know the width of OEM BB6 wheels. Personally, I think the 5 lug BB6 wheels would look funny at +30, but that's just me.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:58 PM

Default Re: (Regal)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by donut. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you shouldn't have a problem. depends how low you are though but you can work with it by rolling your fenders and not running a camber kit.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks for the info and im probably too low hahaha

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Regal &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Take the +55 offset and subtract off whatever the width of the spacers/adapters is....I think they're about 15mm? That would give you a +40, which is a fine size for an Integra. If the spacers/adapters are 25mm thick, you'll have +30, which is getting kind of low. Plenty of people use that size, though, but usually in 15" sizes and you'll have to make sure you have the right size tire and camber. The width is the most important aspect and I don't know the width of OEM BB6 wheels. Personally, I think the 5 lug BB6 wheels would look funny at +30, but that's just me. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks for the informative response and bb6 wheels are 16x6.5". So i did some research and the adaptor plates add 1.75" or 44mm so the offset would be +11 does that make sense??? I thought you take the stock integra offset of +45 and add the +44 from the adapter which is +89 and then subtract +55 from the bb6 wheels which would be +34??? Could you clear this up???? Thanks just want to be informed with wheel offsets.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:22 PM
I <3 My CB7.

Default Re: 4 to 5 lug adapters (SuShiBoiiii)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SuShiBoiiii &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

nothing im rocking 4x114 all day </TD></TR></TABLE>

x2

jdm old school wheels for life!
Old 02-20-2008, 11:31 PM
NooB

Default Re: 4 to 5 lug adapters (ezza)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ezza &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I know that you can buy PCD adapters but is it possible to get 4 to 5 lug adapters? more specifically i want to put some 5 lug (5x130) rims on my accord aerodeck (4x114.3 i think).

searching has yeilded nothing

(i tried posting this in the wheels forum but apparently im not authorised )</TD></TR></TABLE>

you will end up like this

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4RTwlsCvzoQ
Old 02-20-2008, 11:41 PM

Default Re: (Pino_WM)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Pino_WM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Thanks for the info and im probably too low hahaha

Thanks for the informative response and bb6 wheels are 16x6.5". So i did some research and the adaptor plates add 1.75" or 44mm so the offset would be +11 does that make sense??? I thought you take the stock integra offset of +45 and add the +44 from the adapter which is +89 and then subtract +55 from the bb6 wheels which would be +34??? Could you clear this up???? Thanks just want to be informed with wheel offsets. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Nope, the offset of the stock Integra wheel doesn't have anything to do with it. Basically, the offset of a wheel is the distance between the center hub part of the wheel and the imaginary line slicing down the exact middle of the width of the wheel (a diagram would help, haha). So anyway, the stock Prelude wheel mounts to the hub 55mm away from the halfway point of the wheel's width. Every mm you push the wheel further outward, you're lowering its effective offset (the lower the offset, the more the wheel sticks out, usually meaning a deeper lip but not always). So if you put a 10mm spacer behind the +55mm wheel, it fits like a +45mm.

Those adapters are a little insane if they're that thick. I would try to find some thinner ones for sure. A wheel that's fitting like a +11 will definitely require you to roll your fenders, get a low profile tire and angle them properly. In other words, a lot of work!

Edit- found the diagram. This might help you visualize:

(Make sure to notice which side is the brake side)
Old 02-20-2008, 11:46 PM
I <3 My CB7.

Default Re: 4 to 5 lug adapters (IT'S ME DAVID)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IT’S ME DAVID &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

you will end up like this

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4RTwlsCvzoQ</TD></TR></TABLE>

what does over torquing your lug nuts have to do with anything.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:50 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: 4 to 5 lug adapters (UCLA.lion)

Hm.. lots of misinformation in here..

I'm not going to get into any of these arguments but I will say this

There ARE 10MM and 15MM spacers to make your car 4X100 - 4X114.3 and 4X100 - 5X114.3

They are only made by one company that I have heard of in Japan and they cost a lot.

Old 02-20-2008, 11:53 PM

Default Re: 4 to 5 lug adapters (Tracy McGrady)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tracy McGrady &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hm.. lots of misinformation in here..

I'm not going to get into any of these arguments but I will say this

There ARE 10MM and 15MM spacers to make your car 4X100 - 4X114.3 and 4X100 - 5X114.3

They are only made by one company that I have heard of in Japan and they cost a lot.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

You should probably point out which info you think is incorrect so people aren't hesitant to believe the correct stuff.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:59 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: 4 to 5 lug adapters (Regal)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Regal &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You should probably point out which info you think is incorrect so people aren't hesitant to believe the correct stuff.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well most of the incorrect information has to do with what I've already "explained" which is that there are thinner spacers, and that you don't need a +50MM offset.

Next, is the "safety" in question. Volkswagens have been running PCD adapters for generations, and there doesn't seem to be anything dangerous about them.

Whether it be "daily driving show cars" or "on the track" they are running porsche, vette, ferrari wheels with adapters and I don't see any problems.

I've sold numerous sets of PCD adapter spacers, and I have yet to hear one problem about them. Of course the stuff I sell doesn't look like it was pressed out of the back of a refrigerator, so quality in the eBay $80 spacers and the ones I've dealt with in Japan may differ significantly.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:45 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

HMMM!!
Old 02-21-2008, 02:03 AM

Default Re: 4 to 5 lug adapters (Tracy McGrady)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tracy McGrady &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Well most of the incorrect information has to do with what I've already "explained" which is that there are thinner spacers, and that you don't need a +50MM offset.

Next, is the "safety" in question. Volkswagens have been running PCD adapters for generations, and there doesn't seem to be anything dangerous about them.

Whether it be "daily driving show cars" or "on the track" they are running porsche, vette, ferrari wheels with adapters and I don't see any problems.

I've sold numerous sets of PCD adapter spacers, and I have yet to hear one problem about them. Of course the stuff I sell doesn't look like it was pressed out of the back of a refrigerator, so quality in the eBay $80 spacers and the ones I've dealt with in Japan may differ significantly.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, a 50mm adapter seems ridiculous. I assumed good ones would be in the neighborhood of 15-20mm, although...what happens to original studs if the adapter is thin? Do you have to cut them a bit?

Edit- nevermind, I'm assuming they fit in the extra space around the back of center of the wheel?
Old 02-21-2008, 06:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

those adapters are not 15mm's. they're more. think about it, measure how long your studs are and thats approx how thick those adapters are, maybe a little more, because they have to clear your studs (approx 1 to 1.5" long). thats 25-35mm's you have to subtract from a wheels offset
Old 02-21-2008, 08:54 AM

Location: my cute lil STi always parked in pioneer square, WA
Default Re: (happycorey)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by happycorey &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"></TD></TR></TABLE>

looks good!!!!! who cares about "faking 5 lug" anyway, the majority of people don't get 5 lug for anything BUT wheel selection. and like mentioned before, "240 guys" use these adapters on the track, so i don't see how driving around single cam honda from work to home will have any kind of a safety issue.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:20 AM

Default Re: (donut.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by donut. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">those adapters are not 15mm's. they're more. think about it, measure how long your studs are and thats approx how thick those adapters are, maybe a little more, because they have to clear your studs (approx 1 to 1.5" long). thats 25-35mm's you have to subtract from a wheels offset </TD></TR></TABLE>

I did end up finding some 20mm ones, they said something about making sure you have slots in the back of your wheel for the stock studs to go into. Those were ebay ones, but there's also these:

http://www.pandagarage.com/Int...r.htm
Old 02-22-2008, 04:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Regal)

Well, I guess I can chime in here... Since my Fit is being whored around.
Thanks everyone for the positive comments.

I bought my adapters from this place. http://www.motorsport-tech.com/
I bought 4x100 to 4x108 adapters first off them. It was for my meshies. I noticed they did 4 to 5lug also, which is hard to find. So, I hit them up.
They stand by their work. They normally make adapters for tailors and ****. I figured if all the driving and weight is holding up for them my tiny car will do fine. Not to mention drifters run them also.

Im not running 5lug adapters to be cool or pretend I have real 5lug. I ONLY bought the adapters to run ITR's. I love the look of the wheels; simple, not overly flashy, and clean. And Champwhite is the ****.
I would have done a 5lug conversion but I change wheels often.

I was told the thinnest they can make the 4 to 5lug adapters was 1 5/16th inch thick. Mine are 1.5in (Over 25mm) thick. Yes, thick as hell but its what has to be done to clear lug studs.
The adapters are hub centric to the car. Slide on clean and dont move. For extra money slimmer lugs can be bought from that company. (I bought for my previous adapters)
I used loctite on the allen bolts for extra security. I get NO vibrations or noises. 70+ mph nice and smooth.

Offset with the adapters is a flush +12mm to +15mm. Give or take.
Another reason why I went with OEM Honda wheels. Gotta love stupid high offset.

Old 02-22-2008, 04:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Mx6GT89)

so you bought the two-piece design, with the allen-style bolts? what did you torque them to?

im really not trying to get on you, just wanna make sure the setup is safe.

damn does that fit look good lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4 to 5 lug adapters