Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

Remote Start door lock wiring ?

Old 12-27-2008, 10:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote Start door lock wiring ?

This is a dumb question since I used to install car audio equiptment, but I can't remember that when you are installing a remote start or car alarm, do you use the power lock/unlock wire, or the lock/unlock motor wiring to make the doors lock/unlock? The diagram that I have says the lock/unlock wires are a negative polarity, but if you use the lock/unlock motor, it is a 5 wire system.
Thanks
Old 12-27-2008, 11:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: 99 probs but a stolen car aint 1, ca, cerritos/fullerton
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Remote Start door lock wiring ?

Do not use the lock motors! Your making to much work on yourself. Your car has negitive door lock triggers. There from your avatar it looks like a 05 so here you go

HONDA

MODEL YEAR(S)
ACCORD 2005 -2007
KEY T-HARNESS IMMOBILIZER
N/A HON-4 HONDA'S TRANSPONDER ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM, REQUIRES 791 BYPASS MODULE AND EXTRA IGNITION KEY
PART COLOR LOCATION
12 VOLT CONSTANT WHITE (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
STARTER BLACK/WHITE (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
STARTER 2 N/A
IGNITION 1 BLACK/YELLOW (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
IGNITION 2 N/A
IGNITION 3 N/A
ACCESSORY/HEATER BLOWER 1 BLACK/RED (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
ACCESSORY/HEATER BLOWER 2 WHITE/RED (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
KEYSENSE N/A
PARKING LIGHTS ( - ) RED/BLACK (-) @ HEADLIGHT SWITCH UNDER STEERING COLUMN COVER
PARKING LIGHTS ( + ) RED/BLACK (+) @ TOP of FUSEBOX, LARGE WHITE Plug
POWER LOCK PINK/BLACK (TYPE B) @ MICU, GREEN Plug, Pin 25, See NOTE *1
POWER UNLOCK PINK/BLUE (TYPE B) @ MICU, GREEN Plug, Pin 9, See NOTE *1
DOOR TRIGGER See NOTE * 2 @ BACK of FUSE BOX
DOMELIGHT SUPERVISION GREEN/RED (-), Requires Part #775 Relay @ BACK of FUSE BOX, LIGHT GREEN, 5-Pin Plug
TRUNK RELEASE YELLOW/GREEN (+), Requires Part #775 Relay IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL, HARNESS to REAR of VEHICLE
SLIDING POWER DOOR N/A
HORN GREEN/YELLOW (-) @ HORN SWITCH in COLUMN
TACH Any wire NOT BLACK/WHITE or BLACK @ Any IGNITION COIL
WAIT TO START LIGHT N/A
BRAKE WHITE/BLACK (+) @ SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL
FACTORY ALARM DISARM BLACK/RED to WHITE (-) @ DRIVERS DOOR in DOOR MODULE
ANTI-THEFT TRANSPONDER ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM, REQUIRES 791 BYPASS MODULE AND EXTRA IGNITION KEY TRANSPONDER @ IGNITION SWITCH TUMBLER
EXTRA INFORMATION
NOTE *1 the MICU (Multiplex Integrated Control Unit), is part of the underdash FUSE/RELAYBOX. The plugs for the MICU Module are on the LEFT SIDE EDGE of the RELAY/FUSE BOX. NOTE *2 the DRIVERS DOOR is a GREEN (-) in the LIGHT GREEN 16-Pin Plug, Pin 15, the PASSENGER DOOR is a LIGHT GREEN/RED (-) in the LIGHT GREEN 14-Pin Plug, Pin 12, the DRIVERS REAR DOOR is a GREEN/YELLOW (-) in the LIGHT GREEN 16-Pin Plug, Pin 14 and the PASSENGER REAR DOOR is a GREEN/WHITE (-) in the LIGHT GREEN 14-Pin Plug, Pin 13. When connecting to an ALARM SYSTEM use all 4 Door Trigger wires and DIODE ISOLATE, to connect, See DIAGRAM

You picked a fun car to make a come back on. Its going to take some time to do a effective alarm install and remote start on it. DO NOT USE A TEST LIGHT ON THIS CAR. Or it will cost you. Grab yourself a dvm and a beer and have fun.
Old 12-27-2008, 04:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does this accord have factory keyless entry? If so, I'd look into a door lock alarm module specifically for the Honda Accord. It makes wiring easier so you wont have to run wire into the drivers door to disable the on-key functions. It also makes tranferring the OEM 3 button key functions onto the new alarm remote a breeze..
Old 12-29-2008, 02:54 PM

It does have factory keyless, but I have never had to use a door lock alarm module. I have always just tapped into the door lock wires and the trunk pop wire and was done with it. What is this disabling of on-key functions that you are talking about?
Old 12-29-2008, 04:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by hondacoupe05
It does have factory keyless, but I have never had to use a door lock alarm module. I have always just tapped into the door lock wires and the trunk pop wire and was done with it. What is this disabling of on-key functions that you are talking about?
Ok, the factory keyless is integrated into the actual car key for your Accord. If you just tap the Lock wires to the Remote Start alarm, the key and the remote start alarm remote will unlock/lock the car doors. If you accidentally lock the car with the buttons on the key and try to unlock with the remote start alarm remote, the factory alarm will be triggered.

The door lock module just simplifies the installation but is not absolutely necessary. If you dont opt to use one and you just go wire for wire, when it comes to disarming the factory alarm through your new aftermarket alarm system, you will have to tag these wires...

FACTORY ALARM DISARM BLACK/RED to WHITE (-) @ DRIVERS DOOR in DOOR MODULE

....which means running wires into the door from under the dash or to where you place the alarm brain.
Old 12-29-2008, 06:08 PM

Thanks for the info. I actually was aware of the factory disarm wire, I just was just confused by the way that you had phrased "disable the on-key functions". I stopped installing in 2003 and thought that this may be something new. Cars are much more advanced than they were in the 90's. Thanks a lot for the responses.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well, good luck with this Accord and if you choose to tag the factory disarm wire, I hope all goes well running the wires into the door.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its easy to run the wires into the door. its also the right was to do it. if u are going to go that route use a long zip tie to snake the wires through it will make ur life alot easier. peel back the rubber in the door jam
Old 12-31-2008, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by schock3
its easy to run the wires into the door. its also the right was to do it. if u are going to go that route use a long zip tie to snake the wires through it will make ur life alot easier. peel back the rubber in the door jam
Ok, have you personally tried to run wires into that specific car yourself? There is not much of a spot to drill into the factory plugs to allow 2 wires to run with the factory wiring, into the door.

There is no real "right" way to run wires into a door. There are a few "standard" methods that installers use when running wires into a door. Some of us run them along with the factory door harness or drill a hole in a suitable spot on the door using a sealing grommet to keep water out.

But in all honesty, why would you want to spend the time running wires into a door when you can purchase a module that requires 1 wire to be connected to from under the dash area? Its just a suggestion to make the install time shorter.