Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

P0341 Error Code

Old 05-04-2011, 07:43 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0341 Error Code

2004 Honda Accord EX......I need HELP!!! A few weeks ago my check engine light came on . I took the car to a neighborhood mechanic who checked the error code. The code was
P0341. He said the it could be a few things. He checked the VTC filters and cleaned them, and checked the actuator and said it was fine. He then checked the timing chain and indicated that the car was not in time, and the timing chain was stretched. He stated that the repair was going to be $700-800. I thought OK if it needs to be done... He had a family emergency and could not make the repair. I then too the car to the Honda Dealership for repair, advised the code error, and the diagnostic from my mechanic. They did an inspection and ran tests on their own. They came back with a diagnostic of the car needing a new actuator. I agreed to let them make the repair. They said they were 99.99% sure this would take care of the problem. They didn't have the part in stock, so they had to order it and it would take 4 days to get it. Again I agreed. Yesterday we got a call that the repair was made and that the car was ready for pick up, with a cost of $390.00. I went to pick up the car, and start it up, and code is still on. I immediately pull into the dealership garage and advise of the problem. They grab a tester and the code still says P0341. They were closing and said that they could not look into it further until today. So this afternoon I get a call that said it is not the chain and that they found metal shavings in the oil, and I NOW NEED A NEW ENGINE...Can any help me???!!!??? Anyone had the same problem?
Old 06-12-2013, 01:41 PM
Trial User

Default Re: P0341 Error Code

I am working on a 08 accord 2.4. upon cold start i could hear the actuator chatter along with that the mil was on with a fault code of po341. I changed the actuator performed a crank relearn still has po341. datastream looks ok all sensors are pulsing and im perplexed. if you have any info that could help let me know
Old 06-16-2013, 05:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Eaves
I am working on a 08 accord 2.4. upon cold start i could hear the actuator chatter along with that the mil was on with a fault code of po341. I changed the actuator performed a crank relearn still has po341. datastream looks ok all sensors are pulsing and im perplexed. if you have any info that could help let me know
The chain is stretched.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by dietpepsi#1
2004 Honda Accord EX......I need HELP!!! A few weeks ago my check engine light came on . I took the car to a neighborhood mechanic who checked the error code. The code was
P0341. He said the it could be a few things. He checked the VTC filters and cleaned them, and checked the actuator and said it was fine. He then checked the timing chain and indicated that the car was not in time, and the timing chain was stretched. He stated that the repair was going to be $700-800. I thought OK if it needs to be done... He had a family emergency and could not make the repair. I then too the car to the Honda Dealership for repair, advised the code error, and the diagnostic from my mechanic. They did an inspection and ran tests on their own. They came back with a diagnostic of the car needing a new actuator. I agreed to let them make the repair. They said they were 99.99% sure this would take care of the problem. They didn't have the part in stock, so they had to order it and it would take 4 days to get it. Again I agreed. Yesterday we got a call that the repair was made and that the car was ready for pick up, with a cost of $390.00. I went to pick up the car, and start it up, and code is still on. I immediately pull into the dealership garage and advise of the problem. They grab a tester and the code still says P0341. They were closing and said that they could not look into it further until today. So this afternoon I get a call that said it is not the chain and that they found metal shavings in the oil, and I NOW NEED A NEW ENGINE...Can any help me???!!!??? Anyone had the same problem?
Your dealer is crooked, I would take the car back and asked for a full refund because they did not fix your problem. It looks like your local mechanic probably got the right call, particularly if you have over 120K on the car. Any car with over 100K miles will have some metal residue in the oil due to engine wear. The amount of meral residues depending on how well you take care of it (how ofter you chane the oil). Here are some of the potential causes for your code:

- Faulty Camshaft Position Sensor
- Camshaft Position Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Camshaft Position Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty starter motor
- Starting system circuit
- Dead (Weak) battery

Since you have a timing chain, the chain could stretch and cause the sensor to trigger the ECM. Check that battery voltage and run a load test. Most battery place will run that test for free.