Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Help: No turn signals or power locks 03 Accord

Originally Posted by Jou64
Yes

Sorry for the late response
Are you answering yes to each of the questions?
Old 02-20-2012, 06:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by justinsbg
Are you answering yes to each of the questions?
Had put the answers in the quote

The "reset procedure" a few people have spoken of is definitely a great thing to try when you're facing a strange electronic problem. The proper procedure invlolves taking the battery cables loose and connecting the positive/negative cables together for 10-15 minutes. As someone else said, that discharges some electronic components such as capacitors. If you would answer some questions about your issue I could better help you out.

1). Do any of your door locks work (either lock or unlock) from the door lock master switch on the driver's door?

No

2). Do any of your door locks work (either lock or unlock) with the keyless remote?

No

3) Do any of the locks make any noise at all when you press the unlock/lock button?

No

4). Do you have a multimeter to do any electrical testing?

Yes
Old 02-23-2012, 11:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Had put the answers in the quote

The "reset procedure" a few people have spoken of is definitely a great thing to try when you're facing a strange electronic problem. The proper procedure invlolves taking the battery cables loose and connecting the positive/negative cables together for 10-15 minutes. As someone else said, that discharges some electronic components such as capacitors. If you would answer some questions about your issue I could better help you out.

1). Do any of your door locks work (either lock or unlock) from the door lock master switch on the driver's door?

No

2). Do any of your door locks work (either lock or unlock) with the keyless remote?

No

3) Do any of the locks make any noise at all when you press the unlock/lock button?

No

4). Do you have a multimeter to do any electrical testing?

Yes
It just so happens that today I pulled a customer ticket, and they were complaining about the exact same problems you are having. I diagnosed the issue as the MICU (multiplex integrated control unit). I'm almost certain that's what is wrong with your car. The car I'm working on is a 2003 Accord EX V6 model. The locks will unlock but will not lock with either the switch or the key fob. I looked at the wiring diagram and check several inputs to the MICU and they were all fine. There's no a lot that would cause this issue other than the MICU. Hope that helps you out. It is about $200.00 from the dealer.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It just so happens that today I pulled a customer ticket, and they were complaining about the exact same problems you are having. I diagnosed the issue as the MICU (multiplex integrated control unit). I'm almost certain that's what is wrong with your car. The car I'm working on is a 2003 Accord EX V6 model. The locks will unlock but will not lock with either the switch or the key fob. I looked at the wiring diagram and check several inputs to the MICU and they were all fine. There's no a lot that would cause this issue other than the MICU. Hope that helps you out. It is about $200.00 from the dealer.
Did changing the MICU fix the problems?
Old 03-17-2012, 05:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Did changing the MICU fix the problems?
Yes.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:47 PM
Trial User

Icon2 Re: Help: No turn signals or power locks 03 Accord

Yes.
Does replacing MICU plug-and-play? In other words, does it require to reprogram your keyless remotes, or is there some risk of make other function stop working (assuming the parts and the connections are good) without doing some re-initialization (digitally) since it sounds like it controlling more functions than just the lock? I am considering to repalce it by myself.

My 2003 accord also has 4 door lock-only not-working problem (with remote, master switch, and manually pushing the rod (of course pushing the rod locks the single door where the rod is on), unlock or windows worked fine).

Thanks.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ky999
Does replacing MICU plug-and-play? In other words, does it require to reprogram your keyless remotes, or is there some risk of make other function stop working (assuming the parts and the connections are good) without doing some re-initialization (digitally) since it sounds like it controlling more functions than just the lock? I am considering to repalce it by myself.

My 2003 accord also has 4 door lock-only not-working problem (with remote, master switch, and manually pushing the rod (of course pushing the rod locks the single door where the rod is on), unlock or windows worked fine).

Thanks.
You should be fine to just plug in and go. There isn't any reprogramming that needs to be done.
Old 01-10-2017, 10:41 PM
Trial User

I have the same issue with my 07 accord. When I open the driver side door everything starts working. once I close it, everything goes off. I checked the fuse box, all fuses are good.

Anyone have solved this issue ?
Old 02-14-2017, 03:12 PM
Trial User

ok guy ive got one i cant figure out i have a 06 accord driver side turn signal blinks real fast also inside with no lights on as soon as i turn lights on i
front stops flashing but rear does and still fast inside any help or ideas??
Old 03-29-2023, 08:51 PM
Trial User

Originally Posted by Gauv13
Something similar just happened to me when driving to work today oct, 27th 2011.

I was about 15 miles into my 45 mile commute. The headlights were on so the dashboard lights were dimmed. All of a sudden they started to go from dim to bright to dim etc. and then they go were permanently bright as if the headlights were OFF.

After this, I lost my turn signals, intermittent windshield wiper function, washer-fluid pump, high beams. I stopped at a gas station to quick see if a fuse burnt out, but didn't find anything EXCEPT that my power-locks and key-less entry were also not working...

When I was about 15 Miles from work the dim bright thing started to happen to the dashboard lights and I got all my functions back...

Has anyone found a solution to this problem??? Or had any luck getting closer to a solution? the snow will be here soon and will need the washer fluid to work.

Thank you.
After a lot of reading and probing, I think I found out what is going on here for me. The master window/ lock switch can go bad. This can disable the following:

1) turn signals but hazards still work
2) windshield wipers but they will work at high speed.
3) key fob won’t work to lock, unlock, or trunk
4) master door lock switch will not work but all door locks will work from the passenger door lock switch.
4) only low-beam head lights will work but dash light indicator for lights will not come on.

The reason is because this is the MICU “limp mode.” The MICU is very sensitive so the master window/ lock switch can go bad over time and affect the MICU. It could also be a bad MICU. It could also be a new install of other components like stereo, phone chargers, cell signal booster, or any other components that are powered through the MICU.

I hope this helps someone
cheers