Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

Help: No turn signals or power locks 03 Accord

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help: No turn signals or power locks 03 Accord

Please help: Turn signals stop working along with the power locks (including key-less) at the same time. Relay in the fuse box doesn't make any clicking noise so I changed it out but it still the same problem. Really don't want to take it to the dealership so any suggestions would be a big help.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help: No turn signals or power locks 03 Accord

I think you are chasing two separate, but coincidental problems.
1. The turn signal, check the fuse, for that circuit, and also check the flasher unit, under the dash. That is the thingy that makes the clicking noise when the turn signal is on. Also, do your emergency flashers work? Are all the bulbs illuminating?

2. For the power locks, same, check fuse for that circuit. the relay will never fire if there is no power going to the primary side of the relay.

Report back what you find.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by skippy344
I think you are chasing two separate, but coincidental problems.
1. The turn signal, check the fuse, for that circuit, and also check the flasher unit, under the dash. That is the thingy that makes the clicking noise when the turn signal is on. Also, do your emergency flashers work? Are all the bulbs illuminating?

the flasher unit was what I changed out already, thought is was called a relay. No, its not makin any clicking noise. The emergency flashers do work.

2. For the power locks, same, check fuse for that circuit. the relay will never fire if there is no power going to the primary side of the relay.

checked every fuse I could find and all were good.Report back what you find.
any chance this is the muliplex unit I keep reading about??
Old 08-22-2011, 12:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

forgot to mention also the dome lights don't come on when I open the door. They do work if push manually. Stopped working at the same time as everything else.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow, this is puzzling! Is there any evidence of any wires being damaged, under the dash? This almost sounds like a wire harness got cut, or damaged, somehow, since unrelated circuits are affected.

For shitz and giggles, have you pulled the negative battery cable, and let the system reset for like 5 minutes?
Old 08-22-2011, 12:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

No damaged wires that I could find.

I tried the battery and didn't help. Read somewhere on this forum about pulling the battery and linking the pos and neg battery cables to reset the system. I have never heard of that before.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Interesting...that sounds like it may dissipate all the charges on the capacitors, etc and bleed everything off fast and completely.

Do you get any codes on the cluster, or have you plugged in a code reader?

Autozone will do it for free, if you don't have a code reader.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Tried the battery cable solution and no luck.

Did bring it to auto zone for a reading and nothing came up.

Leaning toward the MICU, but thats just my uneducated guess right now.
Old 08-24-2011, 04:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

OK, worth a try, I guess. You can get one from a junkyard, but you are taking the chance that it may be bad too. Although they say that they "test" them before they are put in the yard...

If you get one and try it, let us know the results!
Old 10-20-2011, 08:22 PM
Trial User

Icon2 Re: Help: No turn signals or power locks 03 Accord

Hey I was hoping to get an update? My car is having the same problem. Out of no where my blinkers, high beams, and power locks dont work not from the door panel or from the remote key. I would hate to take this to the dealership, it will be like seeing an oral surgeon without dental insurance if you get my idea.

Thanks
Frank
Old 10-20-2011, 08:36 PM
Trial User

I would like to update this post. I disconnected the negative and power to the battery for atleast 5 minutes. I heard a Clicking noise coming from the fuse panel under the dash by the hood release. It sounded like it was coming from one of those relays above the actual fuses. but when I started the car the noise went away. So.. back to the above question. I need someone to come forth and help a guy out.

Thanks
Frank
Old 10-28-2011, 03:37 AM
Trial User

Something similar just happened to me when driving to work today oct, 27th 2011.

I was about 15 miles into my 45 mile commute. The headlights were on so the dashboard lights were dimmed. All of a sudden they started to go from dim to bright to dim etc. and then they go were permanently bright as if the headlights were OFF.

After this, I lost my turn signals, intermittent windshield wiper function, washer-fluid pump, high beams. I stopped at a gas station to quick see if a fuse burnt out, but didn't find anything EXCEPT that my power-locks and key-less entry were also not working...

When I was about 15 Miles from work the dim bright thing started to happen to the dashboard lights and I got all my functions back...

Has anyone found a solution to this problem??? Or had any luck getting closer to a solution? the snow will be here soon and will need the washer fluid to work.

Thank you.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:02 PM
Trial User

Hello. I had the same issue. I will tell you exactly what I did to fix it myself. First unhook the positive and negative battery terminals. I waited for atleast an hour, you may not even have to wait that long. Then I hooked them back up. I heard the relay clicking right under the hood release.( theres a fuse box) I started the car went down the street and clicked the door lock button on the door panel and it was good as gold. I had no luck prior to driving the car, so once you hookup the battery terminals, drive the car. I regained all functions after that. Blinkers, powerlocks, and etc.. If anyone is having this issue I can further assist just message me.

Frank
Old 11-17-2011, 11:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ecker34
Hello. I had the same issue. I will tell you exactly what I did to fix it myself. First unhook the positive and negative battery terminals. I waited for atleast an hour, you may not even have to wait that long. Then I hooked them back up. I heard the relay clicking right under the hood release.( theres a fuse box) I started the car went down the street and clicked the door lock button on the door panel and it was good as gold. I had no luck prior to driving the car, so once you hookup the battery terminals, drive the car. I regained all functions after that. Blinkers, powerlocks, and etc.. If anyone is having this issue I can further assist just message me.

Frank
Amazing that would actually be the solution. Wish it was that easy for me. Still having the same problems. I never did change MICU so don't know if it's the problem.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:40 AM
Trial User

Jou. Have you tried exactly what I did?
Old 11-21-2011, 07:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ecker34
Jou. Have you tried exactly what I did?
I have, but with no luck.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:11 AM
Trial User

Im having the same problem with my 2005 Accord!Ill give you my story and if anybody has any input that would be great.
When I bought the car a few weeks ago it had all of these same problems so I read a few forums and I tryed everything listed above, still no luck. So I decide to bit the bullet and take it to the deanship, they started by replacing fuse box under the dash and it got my interior lights to work but nothing else. Then they replaced the fuse box under the hood,multiplex in the steering column and something else in the gauge cluster( I think it was another multiplex. So after they brought my bill up to 1,300$. There still was nothing fixed beside interior lights!needless to say I was pissed. If anybody could help that would be great
Old 12-02-2011, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Paker1044
Im having the same problem with my 2005 Accord!Ill give you my story and if anybody has any input that would be great.
When I bought the car a few weeks ago it had all of these same problems so I read a few forums and I tryed everything listed above, still no luck. So I decide to bit the bullet and take it to the deanship, they started by replacing fuse box under the dash and it got my interior lights to work but nothing else. Then they replaced the fuse box under the hood,multiplex in the steering column and something else in the gauge cluster( I think it was another multiplex. So after they brought my bill up to 1,300$. There still was nothing fixed beside interior lights!needless to say I was pissed. If anybody could help that would be great
I'd be glad to help you if you haven't resolved the issue yet. Is your 2005 Accord a 2 or 4 door, 4 cyl or v6?
Old 12-02-2011, 09:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by justinsbg
I'd be glad to help you if you haven't resolved the issue yet. Is your 2005 Accord a 2 or 4 door, 4 cyl or v6?
2003 accord, 4 door, 4 cyl
Old 12-03-2011, 02:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Jou64
Amazing that would actually be the solution. Wish it was that easy for me. Still having the same problems. I never did change MICU so don't know if it's the problem.
Sounds like an MCU issue. Not uncommon.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jou64
2003 accord, 4 door, 4 cyl
The "reset procedure" a few people have spoken of is definitely a great thing to try when you're facing a strange electronic problem. The proper procedure invlolves taking the battery cables loose and connecting the positive/negative cables together for 10-15 minutes. As someone else said, that discharges some electronic components such as capacitors. If you would answer some questions about your issue I could better help you out.

1). Do any of your door locks work (either lock or unlock) from the door lock master switch on the driver's door?

2). Do any of your door locks work (either lock or unlock) with the keyless remote?

3) Do any of the locks make any noise at all when you press the unlock/lock button?

4). Do you have a multimeter to do any electrical testing?
Old 01-21-2012, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The "reset procedure" a few people have spoken of is definitely a great thing to try when you're facing a strange electronic problem. The proper procedure invlolves taking the battery cables loose and connecting the positive/negative cables together for 10-15 minutes. As someone else said, that discharges some electronic components such as capacitors. If you would answer some questions about your issue I could better help you out.

1). Do any of your door locks work (either lock or unlock) from the door lock master switch on the driver's door?

No

2). Do any of your door locks work (either lock or unlock) with the keyless remote?

No

3) Do any of the locks make any noise at all when you press the unlock/lock button?

No

Yes

Sorry for the late response
Old 01-23-2012, 08:39 PM
Trial User

Icon3 Re: Help: No turn signals or power locks 03 Accord

I also have this exact same problem happening. I just did the reset procedure including the driving part and no fix. What's worse is now my stereo wont work the dash says "CODE" when ever I press the stereo power button. Any solutions to this or how to at least fix the stereo part would be greatly appreciated. I am a college student so money is tight.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by pperez19
I also have this exact same problem happening. I just did the reset procedure including the driving part and no fix. What's worse is now my stereo wont work the dash says "CODE" when ever I press the stereo power button. Any solutions to this or how to at least fix the stereo part would be greatly appreciated. I am a college student so money is tight.
The code message is because you unhooked the battery. Your car should have a code to unlock it. It will be on a sticker in your glove box or you can go online and enter your vin to get it. Just search Honda radio code unlock to find the site.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:32 AM
Trial User

A very useful thread.
You can get one but you are taking the chance that it may be bad too.
Although they say that they "test" them before they are put in the yard.

Quick Reply: Help: No turn signals or power locks 03 Accord