Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

Brake, TCS, and ! lights are on and stay on

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 05:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake, TCS, and ! lights are on and stay on

My brake, tcs, and ! lights stay on. From the second I start my car the Brake light is on and 10-20sec later the tcs and ! light will come on as well and stay on. I ended up having a check engine light one day saying p2138 for my throttle position sensor. The issues I had was the car went into limp mode. Basically the throttle was shaky from the start as if I had a 96 honda accord. Also my car went into limp mode and wouldnt go past 3k rpm unless I restart the car. Swapping sensor fixed that issue and check engine light but the brake, tcs, and ! lights still come on and stay on. I dont think I have the bad abs modulator symptoms but I was wondering if anybody else knows what could be going on? Love my accord but hate how the issues I get seem like they r sum 1st time ever issues.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:30 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Brake, TCS, and ! lights are on and stay on

on my '04 Accord V6, i did have the Brake, TCS and ! lights on as well. Lights came on last week. I've check the ebrake switch and TCS switchs. I'm thinking it's the wheel sensor since it drives fine other than no RPMs above 3K. I don't have an HDS to read codes but found a posting on jumping pin 4 and 9 on the DLC connector claiming blink codes may show.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if no rpms above 3k its the throttle position sensor location on ur passenger strut
Old 08-31-2010, 08:59 PM
Trial User

Originally Posted by darula8
if no rpms above 3k its the throttle position sensor location on ur passenger strut
No codes are showing on ODBII scanner. Would it still be the TPS? Anyway to test the TPS?
Old 08-31-2010, 09:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if u press throttle and it does nothing its the tps sensor. costs 120shipped and u koo
Old 11-21-2010, 04:53 AM
Trial User

Icon6 Re: Brake, TCS, and ! lights are on and stay on

WOW! So happy to hear I'm not the only one with problems with this. However, I am a female layperson and not sure if the 3K rpm thing is what is happening to me so allow me to elaborate...

My problem is intermittent. But, once it starts, the TCS light is stuck on and everytime the car comes to a stop or slows down to less than 10 miles an hour it virtually idles for what seems like forever and the rpms won't move above ~1500 rpms when I need it to respond and pick up speed again. Then, suddenly, as if nothing, normal function resumes until a stop, a turn, etc. It freaks me out because I live in a congested city and often require my v6 to respond quickly when making left turns at intersections, etc.

The only thing one can do is stop the car and continue to restart the engine until the car turns on with the TCS light off. Sometimes it just requires one restart and other times it can take up to 5 restarts. Because of the intermittent nature I assume the TCS button/sensor is stuck or damaged in some way but I'm not sure what that entails as far as repairs or how else it manifests in vehicle performance.

My main concern is the function/pick-up issue. Is this related to the TCS or is it a separate transmission issue? Whatever it is, do any of you have any idea what this repair could cost in South Florida? I'm planning to take my car to the repair shop tomorrow morning because I was almost killed making a left hand turn yesterday and need some education before I even attempt to explain the issue to the mechanic! I'd like to not get ripped off...

Thanks for listening and in advance for your help.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For your EX, if you get trouble code P2138, that is indicating the Accelerator Pedal Position sensor.

DTC P2138: APP Sensor A/B Incorrect Voltage Correlation

Read this link regarding the APP problem on the Acuras:

http://tl.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=644042

Last edited by redbull-1; 11-21-2010 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Added more info.