Akebono Front Caliper Pins In Rear Caliper!? - Honda-Tech

Akebono Front Caliper Pins In Rear Caliper!?

Old 03-15-2017, 08:05 PM   #1
Trial User

Default Akebono Front Caliper Pins In Rear Caliper!?

So I needed to replace both rear calipers on my 2010 Accord LX. The bores were pitted and boots torn. Unfortunately, no one near me had rebuild kits, and with the pitting in piston bores I decided to get remanufactured calipers. Maybe it wasn't a good idea who knows.

Maybe I'm stupid (probably), but are these Akebono style pins in the rear remanufactured caliper? Notice the flat flange instead of a six point design? Did they use a front bracket on a rear caliper? Are they interchangeable? I suspect they're not, but maybe, I'm stupid. It doesn't even look like the pin bushings are bothering the same.

What do the experts think? No good or should work? I would say no good, but...

Thanks in advance for your help! Flat flange. Not six point. Looks like front Akebono?
Flat flange
jp267 is offline   Reply With Quote