Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

2007 Accord Water Leak - Help Needed

Old 02-08-2012, 09:00 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 2007 Accord Water Leak - Help Needed

The rear passenger floor is soaked but can't seem to find where the water is coming from. No visible water stains anywhere, window seals inspected & are intact, doesn't seem to be from the sunroof. Has been raining all day today, no additional water seems to have come in. Could hear water sloshing sound but once cleaned up most of the water, this has stopped. (was just water sloshing under the seat to the front passenger floor as this was partially wet also?) Dealership said would have to send it out where they would need to rip out seats & carpet to search for it, minimum $650 and up to try to find it to fix. On top of this, the rear window is frosting on the inside as well as out in cold weather - told me was from the water that is inside the care that is causing it so it is all related. Any one else have this problem or ideas of where this could be or where I could try to look to find the source? Any help is most appreciated
Old 02-09-2012, 05:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2007 Accord Water Leak - Help Needed

did you check the a/c drain tube? very common in 03-07 accords.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:46 AM
Old Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

From your name, you got a 07 and live in BC Canada? Anyhow, I was referencing the cold wet weather. I was going to say salt-rust could be happening that is causing the leak. Then again, I read somewhere that Canada does not use "salt."

My first guess is check the cabin air filter (back of the glove box) area. That is one major access between the outside and inside. Water must be getting in from there, and then push back to the rear as the car moves.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:13 PM
Trial User

I too have a 2007 honda accord and it has a water leak in the same spot. On the floor passenger side. I cannot work out where it is leaking. Hope someone else knows where this problem leak is.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Haven't seen this myself. If you feel up to it, the passenger seat should unbolt easily enough (if power assisted disconnect connections). With the seat finnagled out of the car it should expose a lot more to the suspected area. I would check the under seat vent ducts as mentioned. Look for any obvious holes (duh) where a body plug might have come out-dunno if these cars even have those?

The tried and true method I've used in similar situations is to sit in the car while a buddy sprays the car with a garden hose. At least spending an hour or two with a case of beer might save you major dough at the dealer in troubleshooting costs.

Many lower quality make cars often leak around the windshield seals, roof line gutters, and fender well areas. If the water is very far from the wheel well (towards the rear of the car I'd probably suspect the roof line or windshield seal first. Also with the seat removed you might be able to peer up around the fire wall/ dash area better. Again spray the car with water well and possibly under the hood around the heater hoses grommets and ecu looms to see if any water appears in the cabin? If the car has noticeable standing water in the driveway I probably wouldn't tackle the firewall right off (unless it is noticed until driving thru rain, i.e., when water is splashing underneath wheel wells and dash).