Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

2004 Accord LX HVAC issue/dead/no lights/no ac/no airflow

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 04:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Accord LX HVAC issue/dead/no lights/no ac/no airflow

Hello everyone this is my first post. I recently purchased a 2004 Accord LX with 76k miles. I love the car and it is a massive upgrade from my 97 Corolla. I haven't had any issues until last week. I went to work and everything was fine. When I returned to my vehicle and started the car the A/C would not turn on and the hvac control buttons (recirculate,max a/c, defrost etc etc were dead and would not light up or respond. The blower has kicked on once since this happened and I could not change any settings for the vents. The Hvac buttons were all lit up but I could not change anything.

I am very green when it comes to fixing anything car related. But I have been searching the Internet for any leads or posts that replicate what I have been experiencing. I checked the ig hac fuse #30 which is not blown. I read that fuse also controls my side mirror motors, which work just fine. Everything electrical seems to be in working order otherwise.

I did install a PAC Aux Adapter in this car with the help of YouTube. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Jonathan
Old 05-17-2016, 07:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2004 Accord LX HVAC issue/dead/no lights/no ac/no airflow

Hello
Best way to get it checked is visit your local distributor like autozone and get them to read the diagnostics on your honda accord. I have the same car, and had the same issue, thought it was the fuse as well but still did not do nothing. I dont recall the name of the part i had to change but it was a small plug sensor. Your best bet is just get it diagnosed at no charge, then get the part after that replace it. Remember to reset unplug battery after that to make sure. Then it should work.. like i said depends on what is wrong.

Good luck
Old 05-17-2016, 01:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thank you so much for the advice. I called my local Pep Boys and they want to charge me that service. I will call around and see if I can get a free one somewhere. I dont have a check engine light on and the guy mentioned that its free if that is on. Any advice on what to say to get the free check.

Thanks again
Old 05-18-2016, 03:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by KingJoffeJ
Thank you so much for the advice. I called my local Pep Boys and they want to charge me that service. I will call around and see if I can get a free one somewhere. I dont have a check engine light on and the guy mentioned that its free if that is on. Any advice on what to say to get the free check.

Thanks again
Hello
Just say that you unplugged your battery and the check engine went away. That should qualify you for a free checkup.
Old 05-19-2016, 10:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

They did the test.. no codes poped up... I'm feeling like I have to take it to the stealership. Can you recollect any more info from your experience?
Old 05-20-2016, 07:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Turns out the resistor was not the case and they cannot figure it out.

Dealership said it was the blower motor resistor. Facrpalm. I need to buy a voltmeter

Last edited by KingJoffeJ; 05-20-2016 at 09:45 AM.
Old 05-21-2016, 10:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by KingJoffeJ
Turns out the resistor was not the case and they cannot figure it out.

Dealership said it was the blower motor resistor. Facrpalm. I need to buy a voltmeter
I bet its your ECU gone bad. They will charge u an arm and a leg for that. Just take it home and get ignition immobilizer along with a ECU. If you get the ECU without the immobilizer then it wont work"ur car wont start due to antitheft". Make sure it comes out from the same model and all. eBay around 150 bux dealer around 700+.
This is big project let me know if u want to do it. Ill guide you how i did it. I got mine started. dealer almost charged me 1200 bux.. i did it all for $47+parts i got from ebay.
Your case may be ECU replace it yourself then take it to the dealer to get it programmed. I paid 47 bux.
Old 05-26-2016, 06:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The dealership has told me it is the HVAC control module... 600 part 230 in labor and has to be shipped from ohio. I haven't decided to order it yet... visited a junkyard but they didn't have any makes or models near my car. Does anyone have any advice for me?

After all my Google research I believe it is the circuit board that may have shorted. It seems many of these issues have to do with the circuit board blowing a resistor or fuse.

If anyone can lend any advice I would be extremely grateful. I would rather not throw 900 plus dollars at this.

Also if I were to buy a new dash kit for a aftermarket deck would that be able to control the hvac? I've seen some.pricey ones with ac and heating controls built in. Just not sure if I need to hook it up to the oem hvac controls.

Thanks again