Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

Ipod adapter for 2005 Honda Accord

Old 02-22-2011, 02:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ipod adapter for 2005 Honda Accord

Hey everyone, hope all is great.

I bought an Ipod adapter from USA SPEC the part is PA15-HON2.

I was told there is an empty port behind the factory radio to connect the cable, but I don't see one.
After reading the manual I have to disconnect one cable to connect this cable and there is no port that will fit this adapter.

Has anyone ever used this model? And if so can you help me out with this??

Thank you
Old 02-22-2011, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ipod adapter for 2005 Honda Accord

Do you have the factory in-dash 6-CD changer w/XM radio???? If not then the kit may not be compatible with your stock radio.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes, I have both plus navi.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:43 PM
He knows where you live!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm not sure if you did research before purchasing, Crutchfield is stating this is not compatible with your system......

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_581PA15...adapter&tp=120

I just literally did the install in my fiancee's 07 Accord without navigation and a PA11-HON2y unit without any problems.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

In that case then there should be a "Y" cable provided with the ipod adapter kit. You plug the male into the XM radio port and in turn plug in the XM radio cable into the female end of the Y-cable. I'm not sure why it would not fit.

Here's the factory manual if you did not receive one:

http://usaspec.com/userfiles/editor/...120_webuse.pdf

Pages 12-13 has a diagram on the setup.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Muff...

But even USASPEC's website says it works on all radios for 03-09 accords. I'm assuming it only depends on the port for the CD changer, which should be same throughout all trim levels.

OP I don't know but I hope you find a solution.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan
I'm not sure if you did research before purchasing, Crutchfield is stating this is not compatible with your system......

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_581PA15...adapter&tp=120

I just literally did the install in my fiancee's 07 Accord without navigation and a PA11-HON2y unit without any problems.

Thanks for the info. I did check different sites and they all said this would work with my type vehicle. Even if they say it's compatible if I can't get it to work I'll just return it.

Do you know of any adapters that will work?
Old 02-22-2011, 03:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by chusoblu
Muff...

But even USASPEC's website says it works on all radios for 03-09 accords. I'm assuming it only depends on the port for the CD changer, which should be same throughout all trim levels.

Yeah I saw that, weird this is while the manual says to connect the Y cable to the XM port, I was told (by the representative) to connect it to the open port located on the bottom of the radio.

After I told him I didn't see any open ports he assured me there is one. When I then asked him to email me a pic with the open port the company didn't have one.

I know for sure there isn't any open ports behind the radio but I will pull it out again to verify.

Here's another issue, I have numerous cables connected behind the radio. None of them are identified so I don't know which one is the XM port. Also I did try connecting any cable that might work....but nothing. Side note; I have the official maintenance manual for my car, but the schemtic doesn't identify which plug is which.

I think I'll take a picture of the back and see if anyone can help me out with which port is the XM.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:25 PM
He knows where you live!

Muff...

BUT he has navigation, which is the catch. The adapter itself is completely compatible, I installed the earlier model actually just fine on the '07 Accord that has the built in 6-cd changer and XM.

Using Crutchfield's car config do-hickey it goes through the models compatible with the car. I'm guessing the navigation ones do not have the same adapters.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:27 PM
He knows where you live!

Originally Posted by R_ACE1
Yeah I saw that, weird this is while the manual says to connect the Y cable to the XM port, I was told (by the representative) to connect it to the open port located on the bottom of the radio.

After I told him I didn't see any open ports he assured me there is one. When I then asked him to email me a pic with the open port the company didn't have one.

I know for sure there isn't any open ports behind the radio but I will pull it out again to verify.

Here's another issue, I have numerous cables connected behind the radio. None of them are identified so I don't know which one is the XM port. Also I did try connecting any cable that might work....but nothing. Side note; I have the official maintenance manual for my car, but the schemtic doesn't identify which plug is which.

I think I'll take a picture of the back and see if anyone can help me out with which port is the XM.
In the fiancee's Accord looking upwards while it was still bolted in it was a small (about 3/4's of an inch) white plug off to the passenger side of the car next to the larger main radio harness. That was the XM adapter to remove. On the USASpec adapter it looks identical to the Y adapter harness.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:32 PM
He knows where you live!

Hmmm, interesting, sure enough it says compatible.

http://usaspec.com/product.php?ProductID=29

I wonder where the discrepancy is, Crutchfield is usually right on target with their information and installation guides. They may be off.

Yeah R_ACE1, you should see the same size and shape plug on the USASpec as on the navigation unit. They are literally direct swap
Old 02-22-2011, 04:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If my memory serves me correctly, the port I used was located on the bottom left of center (when looking at the back of the radio unit).
Old 02-22-2011, 04:22 PM
He knows where you live!

If my memory serves me correctly, the port I used was located on the bottom left of center (when looking at the back of the radio unit).
Yep, sounds about right, towards the passenger side.