Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

04 Accord dead HVAC controls and radiator fan

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 08:43 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 Accord dead HVAC controls and radiator fan

Hey guys,

I'm pretty new to working on cars, but I've had a problem crop up on my 2004 Accord LX automatic sedan that I haven't been able to resolve on my own or through any other posts / sites I've seen.

Recently, my climate controls died. The LED indicators don't turn on, and (since the control's aren't working) the blower doesn't work either. The radio controls and display work fine. Since the controls are dead, I haven't been able to get any HVAC diagnostic codes either. I also realized recently that my radiator fan isn't working. The power mirrors aren't working either, but I imagine that's a separate issue.

I've checked all my fuses both under the hood and in the cabin, including #30 which connects to both the radiator and HVAC panel. I've also checked the power heater transistor with a multimeter, and its resistance is in the normal range.

I'm not sure what else to do besides take it in to the shop. Any ideas?
Old 07-24-2013, 08:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 04 Accord dead HVAC controls and radiator fan

Originally Posted by fanboy1986
Hey guys,

I'm pretty new to working on cars, but I've had a problem crop up on my 2004 Accord LX automatic sedan that I haven't been able to resolve on my own or through any other posts / sites I've seen.

Recently, my climate controls died. The LED indicators don't turn on, and (since the control's aren't working) the blower doesn't work either. The radio controls and display work fine. Since the controls are dead, I haven't been able to get any HVAC diagnostic codes either. I also realized recently that my radiator fan isn't working. The power mirrors aren't working either, but I imagine that's a separate issue.

I've checked all my fuses both under the hood and in the cabin, including #30 which connects to both the radiator and HVAC panel. I've also checked the power heater transistor with a multimeter, and its resistance is in the normal range.

I'm not sure what else to do besides take it in to the shop. Any ideas?
Hope you had it fixed by now. If you did not, I would check the voltage between the terminals of fuse #30. It is hot all the time so you should have a voltage. If you do, your fuse may be bad even if it is not blown.
Old 05-16-2016, 01:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey there I hope you are still active on this forum. I have had this esact same issues happen to me with the hvac. Have you figured it out yet?
Old 05-29-2017, 04:25 AM
Trial User

Same here, in Honda Accord V6 2004, the climate control area is dead. The lights and the controls are not working nor the A/C, fans, heater, defoggers etc. While the display works well and the Sterio is working as it should.
There is no other problem.
Old 06-01-2017, 07:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If it was me, and you have checked the fuses and relays, I would go to a junkyard and pull a controller and swap it out. If that fixed it, you know that is the problem. You can leave in the one from the junkyard or price a new one. Once you price the new one, I am pretty sure you will leave in the one from the junkyard. They even offer a 30 day warranty at most junkyards so if it doesn't work you can take it back. If you want to get the shop manual level, specific diagnosis, maintenance and repair information on your car, you can subscribe to alldatadiy.com for about $30/yr and it has all of the details you could ever need on everything on your specific car.