Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

Whats a good aftermarket clutch thats intended mainly for street use?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 07:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats a good aftermarket clutch thats intended mainly for street use?

I have a 95 Accord EX and Im looking for an aftermarket clutch that has higher clamp loads than stock. I just put a new stock clutch in less than 6 months ago and already its starting to slip on me. The clutch master cylinder was replaced when the new clutch was put it so Im pretty sure that the clutch disc is fairly worn out. I did a quick search on Ebay for clutches and most of them were XTD clutches, Exedy racing clutch and a few no name brands. I was looking at the XTD stage 3 clutch with the 6 puck setup up. Its about $200 for the clutch shipped to my house which seems to be a fairly good deal. Now the only question is for the money am I looking at a good clutch setup?
Old 08-08-2005, 07:54 AM

Default Re: Whats a good aftermarket clutch thats intended mainly for street use? (hondaracin24)

exedy stage 1, its good for up to 25% +/- 5% power above stock, thats plenty grip for ya, and its pretty cheap too
Old 08-08-2005, 08:13 AM

Default Re: Whats a good aftermarket clutch thats intended mainly for street use? (buffalo wings)

Check out action.

I just put in an Action 2KS. A dual diaphragm pressure plate with a kevlar disc. It engages like stock, but holds very well. PM FunctionMotoring for some pricing.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:18 AM

Default Re: Whats a good aftermarket clutch thats intended mainly for street use? (hondaracin24)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondaracin24 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have a 95 Accord EX and Im looking for an aftermarket clutch that has higher clamp loads than stock. I just put a new stock clutch in less than 6 months ago and already its starting to slip on me. The clutch master cylinder was replaced when the new clutch was put it so Im pretty sure that the clutch disc is fairly worn out. I did a quick search on Ebay for clutches and most of them were XTD clutches, Exedy racing clutch and a few no name brands. I was looking at the XTD stage 3 clutch with the 6 puck setup up. Its about $200 for the clutch shipped to my house which seems to be a fairly good deal. Now the only question is for the money am I looking at a good clutch setup? </TD></TR></TABLE>

you want a street cluch but you are looking at a stage 3 6pluck clutch
thats going from one end of the rod to the other
Old 08-08-2005, 09:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Whats a good aftermarket clutch thats intended mainly for street use? (THEROPE)

zoom performance clutchs. they are the best hands down. i think their web site is http://www.zoomperformance.com
Old 08-08-2005, 01:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Whats a good aftermarket clutch thats intended mainly for street use? (THEROPE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by THEROPE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you want a street cluch but you are looking at a stage 3 6pluck clutch
thats going from one end of the rod to the other</TD></TR></TABLE>

exactly. im used to totally stock clutches, and just recently drove a stage 2 (actually, stage two disk on a stage 1 PP)....and it was like night and day...nothing id want to deal with on a daily basis.....and thats just a 3 pluck disk on an OEM style pressure plate.....
Old 08-08-2005, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Whats a good aftermarket clutch thats intended mainly for street use? (fw190bvi)

exedy
Old 08-09-2005, 03:55 AM

Default Re: Whats a good aftermarket clutch thats intended mainly for street use? (bottlefed13)

ok i had a xtd clutch on my 96 accord the clutch is good but it has a lot of "bite" when u first take off if u don't tach it up (higher than a stock clutch) it will stall on u so if u take a notice of buyin one off of ebay don't get the stage 3 because that's what i had now that i got another 96 after i totaled mines i think i'm going with the stage 1 some people say all clutches are not the same stage 1, 2, or 3...... My engine was not "built" at first but i was goin to do a little more after i wreaked it. Just the basic bolt ons. Just make sure u hit the gas when u ****** take off not too hard though......