Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

i need halp with my brothers accord...

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 07:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need halp with my brothers accord...

ok so my brothers accord has a bit of an idle problem but that not my problem. my problem is that his car keep drainind his batterys power, iver disconnected the radio and any other possible power source that could drain its power and it is still draining. its not the battery i know this for sure and the alternator is fine as well. can anyone help me out? im stumped
Old 09-28-2008, 07:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i need halp with my brothers accord... (TegraD)

integra.....
Old 09-28-2008, 07:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TegraD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok so my brothers accord has a bit of an idle problem but that not my problem. my problem is that his car keep drainind his batterys power, iver disconnected the radio and any other possible power source that could drain its power and it is still draining. its not the battery i know this for sure and the alternator is fine as well. can anyone help me out? im stumped
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Have you tested the battery itself? Rather than disconnecting the radio disconnect the battery completely overnight and then reconnect the battery in the morning and see if the car starts. If it does, then there is a parasitic drain. If it doesn't then your battery is probably bad.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:17 PM

Check all the fuses too. My seat belt motor keeps draining the battery so I disconnected it.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TegraD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok so my brothers accord has a bit of an idle problem but that not my problem. my problem is that his car keep drainind his batterys power, iver disconnected the radio and any other possible power source that could drain its power and it is still draining. its not the battery i know this for sure and the alternator is fine as well. can anyone help me out? im stumped
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Quoted for stupidity
Old 09-29-2008, 06:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I believe this is an integra forum........... ........not ACCORD

Anyways!!! this could be alternator problem or a grounded short.
there is two ways you can check if your alternator is bad
1- check if your battery light at the dashboard stays on after you turn on the car
if light is on your alternator is bad
2- disconnect positive terminal from battery while the car is running, if the car goes off then you know your alternator is bad
Make sure you don't have like a burnt light signal or something, some times it will ground and it could also drain your battery, check for striped wires around the engine bay specially those related to lights

Next time make sure you post in accord forum
Old 09-29-2008, 03:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i need halp with my brothers accord... (evildc2)

thanks guys, i expected to get hit pretty hard for asking about the accord problem but no one in the accord forum helped... i know how us integra people help out thats why i posted it here and guess what? it worked. thanks again...
Old 09-29-2008, 03:45 PM
He knows where you live!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Take it to an mechanic/electrician to trace what the drain is. Then fix the problem yourself.

The idle issue, if you had bothered searching in the Accord section is usually solved by the IACV/FITV/TB Cleaning thread.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:52 PM

yeah dude get an electrician or mechanic. or if can find someone with needle thing(I forgot the name). but yeah it tell if you have a drain. thats what we did, put one point on the battery n the other on the alternator and it should the drain.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:00 PM

You should try checking the battery amp fuse to see if the fuse is still good and to check if the two special screws that is supposed to be there ground out the fuse. If the screws are still there then double check all the connections that are connected to the battery terminal and the alternators, and check if everything is grounded out at a good place.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:18 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

load test the battery before you do anything else. This will tell you if the battery is good or not. Next put a current meter inline with the battery with the car off to see how many amps are being drawn........