Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

Is there a supercharger made for 98-02 f23a1 accord lx??

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 09:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've looked for Turbo's for H22's and there are couple companies who make em. As well as for superchargers. But dang...need lots of Green $_$. I was never a honda fanboy until I got an 02 V6 coupe as a gift so now I'm stuck with it. So now all I could do is make it look different to a style so I could like :D. But anyways...Swap it and boost it if you got the $$
Old 03-17-2008, 10:32 PM

Default Re: (361 accord)

i jus like dohc cuz its better than sohc, but also i jus like my car to be quick, i may not even need a swap, maybe jus some motor work
but i have lost some races in which i thought i was gonna dominate but it doesnt always turn out that way, i have lost against a mid 90's corolla n even the 4dr chevy cobalt (non SS) but that was before i had the headers n exhaust but i dont kno if itll make a diff on the track
but the lost against the corolla jus seemed really sad to lose against, thats why i jus wanted it quick for the lows n mids
Old 03-19-2008, 08:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (oo_phuong)

aww sorry to hear about losin to the rolla

but rolla's are pieces of **** cars, thats like baller accord vs rice bucket civic
Old 11-17-2015, 08:33 AM
F-A
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Is there a supercharger made for 98-02 f23a1 accord lx??

Hi.

I'm from the Netherlands and currently working a contract in the UK.

For insurance reasons I bought a car out here in the UK which is an Odyssey F23a - RA6 2001 model with an auto transmission.

Nice looking motor, with 19's and coilovers.

My problem is that I get owned by all types of motors out here on a daily basis.

Its 2.3 SOHC with V-Tec and to my surprise and frustration, I can only keep up with 1600cc motors!

I've been scouring the net for well over 6 months for a supercharger and there seems to be nothing out there.

I don't want to go turbo, everyone and their mother has done that, I just want around 30 more reliable horsepower lower down, just to get me to 4500RPM.

Is that too much to ask in my motor?

Your thoughts on this please......
Old 11-19-2015, 10:07 PM
MM Gruppe B

Received 83 Likes on 76 Posts

It's a second gen Ody, it's 4200lbs/1900kg

Turbos are favored because they are much easier on the engine and are much easier to tune with.
Other option would be to use an H23 VTEC engine.

Easiest option, since it would require no tuning/fabrication would be a change to a transmission from the last generation Prelude H22 VTEC. Might have lower gearing to gain you better acceleration at the cost of cruising rpm/economy. This would gain you the acceleration you are looking for, but again you will need to verify the gear ratios of that transmission vs your ODY to see if it is worth changing.
Old 11-20-2015, 12:51 PM
He knows where you live!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by F-A
Hi.

I'm from the Netherlands and currently working a contract in the UK.

For insurance reasons I bought a car out here in the UK which is an Odyssey F23a - RA6 2001 model with an auto transmission.

Nice looking motor, with 19's and coilovers.

My problem is that I get owned by all types of motors out here on a daily basis.

Its 2.3 SOHC with V-Tec and to my surprise and frustration, I can only keep up with 1600cc motors!

I've been scouring the net for well over 6 months for a supercharger and there seems to be nothing out there.

I don't want to go turbo, everyone and their mother has done that, I just want around 30 more reliable horsepower lower down, just to get me to 4500RPM.

Is that too much to ask in my motor?

Your thoughts on this please......
Honestly, this is the dumbest reason for not wanting a turbo.

"I don't want a method of proven horsepower because everyone else has done it"

Gosh golly F-A, why do you think everyone has done a turbo on the F series motor instead of a supercharger? Could it be because it's a pretty stout motor that responds well to turbo? Or that manifolds, parts, etc are fairly easy to source? Or that it's a proven method of gaining power? Maybe it's got something to do with the absolute lack of any kit/development for a F series supercharger?

Nope, I'm sure it's because everyone is a copycat and a supercharger is the real way to go...

Your reason for not wanting a turbo is dumb. Want more power? Either go all motor and get a cam regrind and such or go turbo for boost.

*edit*

And all the trouble/headache for 30hp? Give me a ******* break. That's a worthless upgrade and not worth the time/effort/energy/money/anything.
Old 11-20-2015, 04:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

IF you can find one(they're basically unobtanium), a company called "C's Compressor" made a kit utilizing an M45 Roots positive displacement supercharger for the Japanese market in the 1st generation Odyssey which had an F-series. Good luck finding one though.
Old 11-23-2015, 08:37 AM
F-A
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan
Honestly, this is the dumbest reason for not wanting a turbo.

"I don't want a method of proven horsepower because everyone else has done it"

Gosh golly F-A, why do you think everyone has done a turbo on the F series motor instead of a supercharger? Could it be because it's a pretty stout motor that responds well to turbo? Or that manifolds, parts, etc are fairly easy to source? Or that it's a proven method of gaining power? Maybe it's got something to do with the absolute lack of any kit/development for a F series supercharger?

Nope, I'm sure it's because everyone is a copycat and a supercharger is the real way to go...

Your reason for not wanting a turbo is dumb. Want more power? Either go all motor and get a cam regrind and such or go turbo for boost.

*edit*

And all the trouble/headache for 30hp? Give me a ******* break. That's a worthless upgrade and not worth the time/effort/energy/money/anything.
Thanks for the reply.

Well, I asked for thoughts and I guess I sure as hell got them lol.

It's because there are hardly any or no Supercharged F23A's out there that appeals to me over Turbo.

Don't get me wrong, I know Turbo kits are readily available and I know what Turbo's are capable of too, I just want to go a different way on this specific car.

Also, I'm after an increase low down, from Idle all the way up to 4000 RPM and beyond, as opposed to 3500RPM to redline.

By the way, When I do go blower conversion, I will most probably map down to 30 horsepower but that does not mean I don't expect more. I'm planning switchable Maps, total of 2.

Map 1 for daily use.

Map 2 for when I'm in the mood or at the lights.

As it stands, an increase of just 30 more horsepower can be achieved right now with a simple De-Cat, Magnacore HT leads and maybe an Exhaust Manifold.

On LPG, engines respond differently to regular gas because the LPG ECU piggy backs the OEM ECU and recalibrates the air/fuel ratio's immediately. Also, LPG is higher octane.

LPG gives around 10% more horsepower gains with around 30% better fuel economy.

I get around 70 miles on 10 litres of regular gas and around 100 miles on LPG.

Originally Posted by MAD_MIKE
It's a second gen Ody, it's 4200lbs/1900kg

Turbos are favored because they are much easier on the engine and are much easier to tune with.
Other option would be to use an H23 VTEC engine.

Easiest option, since it would require no tuning/fabrication would be a change to a transmission from the last generation Prelude H22 VTEC. Might have lower gearing to gain you better acceleration at the cost of cruising rpm/economy. This would gain you the acceleration you are looking for, but again you will need to verify the gear ratios of that transmission vs your ODY to see if it is worth changing.
Thanks for the reply.

Too much playing around for very little gains and maybe it works, maybe it doesn't IMO.

In the UK, components are harder to find.

Although they are cheaper in the US and Australia, by the time the sales tax and shipping has been added to the equation, it's hardly worth the spend IMO.

Originally Posted by chrisnick
IF you can find one(they're basically unobtanium), a company called "C's Compressor" made a kit utilizing an M45 Roots positive displacement supercharger for the Japanese market in the 1st generation Odyssey which had an F-series. Good luck finding one though.
Thanks for the reply.

I managed to find a power house that does all Jap performance mods this afternoon. It's not that far from where I work and coincidentally it's the place that the previous owner of my Odyssey had the LPG conversion done on it.

I gave them a quick call and they assured me that they have Turbo and Supercharger converted / upgraded / serviced most types of Jap motors. They have Turbo kits on the shelf for Honda's right now.

They reckon that although they have no specific blower kit for the F23A or any other Honda, they can easily convert the F23A to accept Roots Type Possitive Displacement with a gain of around 100 / 150 horsepower, no problem at all.

I've booked it in for inspection / quotation tomorrow afternoon.

Watch this space.....