Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

Is there a supercharger made for 98-02 f23a1 accord lx??

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 11:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there a supercharger made for 98-02 f23a1 accord lx??

i've been searching all around the net for a supercharger for my 98 accord cp and i dont seem to find any, i dont even know if they've even made one for this accord...i can only find turbos.....does anyone kno where i can find one or any one even have one??? thanks
Old 03-03-2008, 12:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Is there a supercharger made for 98-02 f23a1 accord lx?? (oo_phuong)

maybe you can get one for an H22 or H23, and swap the head too, uber power FTW
Old 03-03-2008, 05:19 AM
He knows where you live!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

There isn't a super charger for the F series
Old 03-03-2008, 05:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TheMuffinMan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TheMuffinMan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">There isn't a super charger for the F series</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats what i thought, wonder if theres one for the H though, and then swap that onto the F23=supercharged G23

maybe, maybe not
Old 03-10-2008, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Is there a supercharger made for 98-02 f23a1 accord lx?? (oo_phuong)

Was wondering what you found for turbos for a F23? Ive got a 2001 accord and thinking about going turbo. Anyone have any opinions on makes - good or bad?
Old 03-10-2008, 04:38 PM

Default Re: Is there a supercharger made for 98-02 f23a1 accord lx?? (WiCkeDuDe)

i've seen a stage 1 turbo kit before, it came wit everythin like pipings, huge intercooler, manifold, boost controller, etc for like $900, it also can be used for the h22
Old 03-10-2008, 05:52 PM

don't buy ebay crap. and if you did you still need a way to tune it, fuel system, and you better save some money for when your blow off valve or wastgate gets stuck open or close and the manifold will probally crack in no time.

Fast
Reliable
Cheap
you can only have 2, do it right the first time and you'll save money in the long run
Old 03-11-2008, 02:32 AM

Default Re: Is there a supercharger made for 98-02 f23a1 accord lx?? (SkimN)

yea thats true
Old 03-11-2008, 12:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Is there a supercharger made for 98-02 f23a1 accord lx?? (WiCkeDuDe)

i have been lookin too man but looks like tuning is the hardest part becuase of we have the obdII computers.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:24 PM

Default Re: Is there a supercharger made for 98-02 f23a1 accord lx?? (accord99power)

are the obdII computer a bad thing 99power?
Old 03-12-2008, 03:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You can get turbo kits from http://www.tasauto.com for the 6th gen Accord. And I'm pretty sure Comptech made one for this generation Accord. Though that may have only been for the v6 model
Old 03-12-2008, 09:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by oo_phuong &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">are the obdII computer a bad thing 99power?</TD></TR></TABLE>

obdII is more of a pian because is more closelyu monitors everything then obdI and you cant "trick" an inspection station into thinking your CEL is off when its on by taking the bulb out thus you have to keep the car in the stock ecu parameters or you have to tune/chip the ecu
Old 03-13-2008, 07:59 AM

Default Re: Is there a supercharger made for 98-02 f23a1 accord lx?? (Tyte-S)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tyte-S &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You can get turbo kits from http://www.tasauto.com for the 6th gen Accord. And I'm pretty sure Comptech made one for this generation Accord. Though that may have only been for the v6 model</TD></TR></TABLE>

that looks like a cool site, if only if i had money for a red valve cover
Old 03-13-2008, 08:02 AM

Default Re: Is there a supercharger made for 98-02 f23a1 accord lx?? (bseriescrxsi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bseriescrxsi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

obdII is more of a pian because is more closelyu monitors everything then obdI and you cant "trick" an inspection station into thinking your CEL is off when its on by taking the bulb out thus you have to keep the car in the stock ecu parameters or you have to tune/chip the ecu</TD></TR></TABLE>

so do you mean there's no point in tryin to beef it up unless you have tons of money???

i was at a car meet last night an there was a 6th gen accord f23 turbo against an ek n it was smoked bad, it didnt even seen like it had turbo but it turned out it did, maybe cuz it was an automatic, but it was jus me and that person who had a 6 gen accord up there so that race kinda got me embarrassed lol
Old 03-13-2008, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

IMHO our 6th gens are not made to be fast once so ever..
but it sure is a beautiful looking generation. Coupes are awesome. There is so much you can do to an F series but it never will be "fast."

just my $0.02
Old 03-13-2008, 11:37 AM

Default Re: Is there a supercharger made for 98-02 f23a1 accord lx?? (tpot90)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tpot90 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">IMHO our 6th gens are not made to be fast once so ever..
but it sure is a beautiful looking generation. Coupes are awesome. There is so much you can do to an F series but it never will be "fast."

just my $0.02</TD></TR></TABLE>

i do agree they're not the fastest, but in my opinion the cg COUPE is the nicest looking generation of the accord fam, to me they look very sporty n at the same time very luxurious
Old 03-14-2008, 12:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

why do u wnt a supercharger? at what rpm range do u wnt to make more power?
ie: bottom-end, mid-range, top-end? all around? u don't need to supercharge to go fast? Turbos are good too: t3/t4, tdo4h. U can always get some motor work done. I have a 2.3 vtec Accord w/ high compression, stage1 cam, ported/polished head, 5 angle valve job. Springs,retainers, keepers, pistons,rods and crank are all stock (oem) Honda.No headers yet no coldair intake. Got about 98,000 miles and its pretty quick. It doesnt go 200mph, but the response is way quick. power is strong 1,800rpm- 6,800. from 3,250-4,600 it really kicks. then there's the vtec too. i still need to upgrade the fuel system & ecu (greddy e-manage or apex-neo). So far its working alright. Oh, yeah its a sedan too.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:53 PM

Default Re: Is there a supercharger made for 98-02 f23a1 accord lx?? (f23ra)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by f23ra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why do u wnt a supercharger? at what rpm range do u wnt to make more power?
ie: bottom-end, mid-range, top-end? all around? u don't need to supercharge to go fast? Turbos are good too: t3/t4, tdo4h. U can always get some motor work done. I have a 2.3 vtec Accord w/ high compression, stage1 cam, ported/polished head, 5 angle valve job. Springs,retainers, keepers, pistons,rods and crank are all stock (oem) Honda.No headers yet no coldair intake. Got about 98,000 miles and its pretty quick. It doesnt go 200mph, but the response is way quick. power is strong 1,800rpm- 6,800. from 3,250-4,600 it really kicks. then there's the vtec too. i still need to upgrade the fuel system & ecu (greddy e-manage or apex-neo). So far its working alright. Oh, yeah its a sedan too.</TD></TR></TABLE>

well, i already bout me some headers a few months back so i didnt want to replace them wit a t manifold if i get turbo, i mean the cai i dont mind replace, but not the headrs, but i might do it in the future since like it said up there that theres no supercharger for the f-series, but i do want to get some motor work done like urs, but ill will have to do that when i get more experience into workin wit the motor cuz its gonna be very expensive i bet....
did you do it all urself, it sounds very impressive, i wish i had ur 4cyl, have you ever got on the dyno to see how much hp you have? jus to be curious, cuz it sounds pretty quick to me.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Is there a supercharger made for 98-02 f23a1 accord lx?? (tpot90)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tpot90 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">IMHO our 6th gens are not made to be fast once so ever..

just my $0.02</TD></TR></TABLE>

tru man, i mean they are kinda boaty and huge and heavy,
they are uber beautiful though for sure! hell, 2001 and after they started gettin uglier and uglier, the 2001 accords front bumper is too busy with horizontal bars, kinda like the older DC tegs fronts are square but the 98's are more flared and badass, well wahtever

the tails got uglier, and the sideskirts got ricey lookin

accords are great becuase of their practicality and the option of a V6, and V6 options like a J37 and a 6speed stick and a supercharger... nom nom nom

but dude, dont let anyone stop you seriously ive seen the drag insight with a boosted F23 sohc over 400HP and uber torque

our boats have more torque than a bloody ITR...
Old 03-17-2008, 12:03 AM

Default Re: Is there a supercharger made for 98-02 f23a1 accord lx?? (361 accord)

361 accord, you kno when you said at the top to swap the head n then supercharge it??

would that really fit?? like if i got the h22 motor and kept the f23 transmission???

i have wanted on swappin to an h22 but i thought that ill have to get the whole prelude package
Old 03-17-2008, 02:04 PM

turbo&gt;super
any day of week^^

plus, find a good machine shop, if you want other custom work done, but know what you want before you go in, and what it entails. This requires research, and lots of it, so do it right, or enjoy it the way it is.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:15 PM
* B A N N E D *

the easiest thing you can do to a 6g to make it decently quick without boosting the F series is to SWAP IT OUT.... seriously, it was as easy to swap an H22A into a 6g as it was to swap the same 4G63T into the 90' Talon TSi AWD i had before this car... and that was the same damn moter the car came with stock, seriously, it's that easy of a swap.... there's a tranny bolt you'll have to move, and a wire harness you'll have to make yourself, but other than that it's just drop right it in and go, and the 6g 5MT tranny is like a dream with the H series moters, it's like they should have went in the lude instead.... being able to hit 2nd gear at 60mph and 6500rpm, with another 1000rpm to go makes for a real nice 0-60 time... when mine first went in i made a vid and timed my 0 to 60 at 5.9 seconds... now that it's got a few bolt ons/home made goodies its pretty quick, about as quick as a stock/near stock DSM
Old 03-17-2008, 06:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im not sure if they even make superchargers for H series motors... i know there arent any for the F series (besides the S2000 but thats a whole other thing)

but from what ziggy!talon said, sounds like a H22 might be better, just keep your transmission
Old 03-17-2008, 08:24 PM

Default Re: (ziggy!talon)

thanks alot ziggy n 361, i never knew the h22 motor would fit on a f23 tranny, i wanted the h22 before cuz its a DOHC but i didnt have the $$$ for the H22 motor/trans its like $2G's for the package, i'm not doin it soon tho cuz my f23 still got 72k miles on it but will eventually since i got some good facts. ... thanks alot guys!!!

but when i swap the motor , like ziggy said ill have to move some tranny bolts n make some wire harnesses, but i keep the accird radiator rite?and o yea, do i have to change the headers????? cuz this is my engine set up so far....

i'll have to see one in person oneday, there isnt that many accords around my town w/ swaps, everyone keeps a stock engine n they all factory v6, nothin impressive around here except for those ricer accords w/ the full body kit n fat *** dual exhaust haha
Old 03-17-2008, 08:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (oo_phuong)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by oo_phuong &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
i'll have to see one in person oneday, there isnt that many accords around my town w/ swaps, everyone keeps a stock engine n they all factory v6, nothin impressive around here except for those ricer accords w/ the full body kit n fat *** dual exhaust haha </TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah im from around your area, nothin but stock as **** and beat up accords, and the occasional ricer

if all you want is dohc, just swap the head! its called a G23

F23 isnt bad because its stong as **** also already has (thick) iron sleeves so it can take some boostin

Quick Reply: Is there a supercharger made for 98-02 f23a1 accord lx??