Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL
Old 03-25-2015, 10:46 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrain
Print Wikipost

Step by step directions for changing spark plugs in 99 Accord???

Old 04-21-2008, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Step by step directions for changing spark plugs in 99 Accord???

Can anyone provide a link to directions for changing spark plugs for my 99 Accord EX 4 cyl? Diagrams/pics would be nice as well. I am not very mechanically inclined, but have heard that these are relatively easy to do. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Step by step directions for changing spark plugs in 99 Accord??? (vantagedb7)

If you don't know how to change a spark plug, ask a friend..... I would go to autozone and pick up a Haynes Repair manual for your car. It has basic simple instructions.

This is for a 4cyl.
Remove the sparkplug wire from the valve cover. Do this 1 by 1 as you might confuse them. Don't pull it out from the wire, grip the boot.
Now take your spark plug socket with an extension attached to it, and put it down the hole. make the socket is over the spark plug. Now with your rachet, lefty loosey.
Unscrew until you feel that it is unscrewed, now pull it out. The spark plug should be attached to the socket.
Now take your new spark plug and gap it. Ask the store on how to do that. The gap i believe is .44
now put the spark plug into the socket
Then without the rachet, put it back into the tube. and screw it in by hand never use the rachet as it might strip the threads on the block. NEVER!
Tighten to 14 ft. lbs? or tighten using the rachet. Just snug. Dont use too much force now.
Put the spark plug boot back into the tube and repeat.

Since you're new here, if you have anymore questions please use the search button. As this is the best way to answer your question quickly. *REMEMBER to select the archive option.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Step by step directions for changing spark plugs in 99 Accord??? (The-Kid)

thank you for your response. will try it.