Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

Please help:No Dashlights, no running lights, no tail lights......

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 07:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help:No Dashlights, no running lights, no tail lights......

Hi fellas,

I'm new on this board but have used it many times for info. I want to thank you all for the help you have already givin me.

Now as the topic said I don't have and Dash/Cluster lights, no running lights, no tail lights. The tail lights come on if I hit my breaks. And my blinker lights are working fine.

Also I've checked all my fuses and they are all fine. Under the hood is a Light Relay! #s on it are 90-4505-01 and staped on the other side is 1a251.

Now I've checked for that part online and came up with nothing. Could this need replacing? Has anyone else delt with this issue before? Any help would be much apprecated.

BTW It's a 91 Honda Accord LX 4dr
Old 10-16-2007, 08:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Please help:No Dashlights, no running lights, no tail lights...... (CooBreeze)

Ive heard about this awhile back. I think it was a fuse under the hood. Not in the cabin. Did you check all of you lighting fuses under the hood also?
Old 10-16-2007, 08:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Please help:No Dashlights, no running lights, no tail lights...... (kornfox)

Yes I did, the only one I think it could be is a big black relay type. You can't see if its blown out or not.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Please help:No Dashlights, no running lights, no tail lights...... (CooBreeze)

Ive also heard some people with these issues had to replace their flasher relay(s). Im trying to find an electrical schematic for your car. Does everything else function? Headlights hi and low beams, radio, hazard lights?
Old 10-16-2007, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Please help:No Dashlights, no running lights, no tail lights...... (kornfox)

Sorry took so long, but yes everything else works fine. Even the Park,Reverse,Drive4,Drive3,2nd gear,1st gear lights work in the cluster.
Even my clock works fine.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i had the same problem on my 92 accord .....it is a 7.5a fuse in thefuse panel under the hood......recheck your fuses....i believe if your looking at it from the front its a fuse on the top right side of the panel
Old 10-17-2007, 07:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Please help:No Dashlights, no running lights, no tail lights...... (bseriescrxsi)

Nope no luck there, fuse is fine. I figure its got to be some relay switch under the dash board. I've even heard a sound of something fizzling before my running lights would come on a few times before.

But now nothing, hopefully someone on here will know exactly what im talking about.

Funny how my car problems always seem to stump others including my slef.

Modified by CooBreeze at 2:08 PM 10/17/2007
Old 10-18-2007, 07:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Not sure since Im no car expert, but last nite on my way home my cars idle droped to a point where I had to stay on the gas to keep it running. A few months back I installed a new Main Relay switch, but since I didn't have the proper tools I left the old one in, and hooked up the new one but did not mount it.
Now I'm thinking that the reason is because, attatched is a metal mount witch probaly acts as a ground right?

So im thinking thats probaly why its sizzling out on me. I'm going to unhook the new one and reinstall the old. If this fixes my problem, Im positive thats what is causing your problem also. I'll let you know.

Modified by CooBreeze at 9:25 AM 10/18/2007
Old 10-22-2007, 04:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Problem solved hope this helps save some of you from getting raped from the dealer ship check my other post.

Go to lighting section.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:14 AM
Trial User

Default Re: Please help:No Dashlights, no running lights, no tail lights......

hey coobreeze I am currently having this EXACT same issue... exactly what you had.

I have a 2001 HOnda Accord V6 Coupe

What exactly did you do to resolve this issue?

I hope you are still on these forums!!
Old 06-19-2011, 02:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by VancouverHonda
hey coobreeze I am currently having this EXACT same issue... exactly what you had.

I have a 2001 HOnda Accord V6 Coupe

What exactly did you do to resolve this issue?

I hope you are still on these forums!!
This thread is back in '07. I'd check your interior fuse.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:13 PM
Trial User

Originally Posted by nus_dogg
This thread is back in '07. I'd check your interior fuse.
My Back running lights work (it was the license plate fuse that was burnt out) I put in a new one and those came on...

the Dash lights are still out. I Can see "SRS" D4 D3 D2, P, N, etc.... but the rest is black.

Ive checked every fuse and they are all fine.

Under the hood there is a fuse called "DIMMER RELAY" as circled in red in the picture below. I Checked to see if the fuse for this was burnt but there was no fuse.... and there is no FUSE SOCKET to put a fuse in.... is that normal for 2001 Honda Accords V6 ???

Name:  IMG-20110619-00047-1.jpg
Views: 45510
Size:  25.4 KB

my next attempt will be to check if the actually light bulb burnt out behind the dash.... and after that I will try to locate the MCU (Multiplexer Control Unit) on the drivers side and see if that fried. I found someone online who posted that after he installed his APLINE DECK (JUst like what i have) it burnt out his MCU and he had to get it replaced........

any ideas on any of that??? Cheers thanks
Old 09-10-2011, 01:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by VancouverHonda
My Back running lights work (it was the license plate fuse that was burnt out) I put in a new one and those came on...

the Dash lights are still out. I Can see "SRS" D4 D3 D2, P, N, etc.... but the rest is black.

Ive checked every fuse and they are all fine.

Under the hood there is a fuse called "DIMMER RELAY" as circled in red in the picture below. I Checked to see if the fuse for this was burnt but there was no fuse.... and there is no FUSE SOCKET to put a fuse in.... is that normal for 2001 Honda Accords V6 ???

my next attempt will be to check if the actually light bulb burnt out behind the dash.... and after that I will try to locate the MCU (Multiplexer Control Unit) on the drivers side and see if that fried. I found someone online who posted that after he installed his APLINE DECK (JUst like what i have) it burnt out his MCU and he had to get it replaced........

any ideas on any of that??? Cheers thanks
Hay did you fix your problem, mine ended up being the main turn signal light switch. Take the casing off aournd your steering wheel and it should just pop right out replace with a new relay and you should be good to go.

cb
Old 02-24-2012, 06:50 AM
Trial User

i got a 96 accord and the running lights and dash lights stop working the fuses are good what should i start with
Old 02-25-2012, 05:13 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by ford16
i got a 96 accord and the running lights and dash lights stop working the fuses are good what should i start with
Check the harness behind the steering wheel column cover try plugging it out than back in ,if still no luck check if it is getting power with electrical tester
Old 02-26-2012, 03:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My 91 had the same issue, changed the turn signal assy with no luck. After shooting the wires I ended up finding a faulty hot wire to the turn signal switch. Instead of ripping the dash apart I just ran a jumper wire.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I had this problem. Still kind of do. Read this post and it helped me through my search. My problem was a loose wire in the plug where the harness hits the under dash fuse box. Tension on this harness over time loosened the wire in the plug. I need to get a new plug from the junkyard( well used) until I find one I just put tension the opposite direction and wrapped it with electrical tape. If it flickers out I just push in on the plug..... Hope this helps anyone who comes across this.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:05 AM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 1999 Honda Accord and I have no tail lights or dash lights. How the heck do I fix this. I can not drive my car at night and I works nights
The following users liked this post:
Old 04-07-2013, 07:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CrystalLandange
I have a 1999 Honda Accord and I have no tail lights or dash lights. How the heck do I fix this. I can not drive my car at night and I works nights
Check your fuse.
The following users liked this post:
Old 04-07-2013, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by CrystalLandange
Check your interior/radio/instrument cluster fuses. Its located on both your driver side and passenger side fuse panel on the side of your dash.

If all fuses are fine. It might be your multiplex control unit. If this video fixes your problem then it is the unit. Its the blue box located on your Fuse box on the driver side.

I had this same issue. And its fixed.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:48 PM
Trial User

i'm having a similiar problem with my 99 integra. the rear running lights wont work but the brake lights does. can anyone please help me with this issue so i can start driving at night again!! thank you. ps i already checked the fuese under the hood and on the inside too and nothing is blown
Old 06-10-2013, 04:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Mine was a loose harness where it meets the inside fuse box. Wiggle your wire harness running to the box. Worth a check
Old 12-14-2014, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So the man relay switch controls the dahlights and tails?

I have the same problem.

Anyone knows where the main relay switch is on a 2001 accord?
Old 12-14-2014, 01:05 PM
Global Moderator

Received 420 Likes on 390 Posts

Originally Posted by jfboy
So the man relay switch controls the dahlights and tails?

I have the same problem.

Anyone knows where the main relay switch is on a 2001 accord?
Main relay does not have anything to do with the lights.
Old 01-17-2016, 06:46 PM
Trial User

hi I am new to this site but I have read a number of conversations that have helped me before. I have now ran into trouble trying to figure out why my dash lights, running lights and tail lights don't work, my head lights, turn signals and brake lights all work and on a side note my dash lights only come on when I apply the brake pedal, they light up fine then I release the brake they go away. ive checked fuses, any ideas past that what it could be, I know this a old conversation but any help will be appreciated. thanks

Quick Reply: Please help:No Dashlights, no running lights, no tail lights......