Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

New to the accords and got a question about the stereo....

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2002, 02:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the accords and got a question about the stereo....(more ? added)

I found a OEM CD player for an 98 Acura Integra

can this be used on my friends 92 Honda Accord?

Another question is those dual din type OEM Honda CD Decks found 6th gen or 98 Honda Accords?

Can this be used as well on my friends 92 Honda Accord?

[Modified by EL-Driver, 11:39 PM 8/22/2002]
Old 08-22-2002, 02:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New to the accords and got a question about the stereo.... (EL-Driver)

yes, most likely will need a mounting kit(15-20bucks) and get a wiring harness(7-20 bucks) makes life, much, much more esier.
Old 08-22-2002, 05:06 PM

Default Re: New to the accords and got a question about the stereo....(more ? added) (EL-Driver)

just get a kenwood or a clairon..trust me!
Old 08-22-2002, 05:14 PM
Life is Suffering

Default Re: New to the accords and got a question about the stereo....(more ? added) (kazmans94cord)

Get a Sony unit, they work great.
Old 08-22-2002, 07:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New to the accords and got a question about the stereo....(more ? added) (EL-Driver)

All I want to know is if it works

this car is his winter beater, the thing has 450,025 KM

Busted driver corner light (which we aint fixin but the bulb works ), three snow tires and one all season, and on and on

but the stereo is missing for some unknown reason...well we got our $950 dollars worth...

So would a either a 98 Honda Accord OEM Honda Stereo fit the car and can an Acura Integra 98 fit the car his 92 Accord or Not?

But thanks for all the suggestions
Old 08-22-2002, 07:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The plug on the back of the radio and the wiring harness from the cars are different. You can get two harnesses one for the 92 honda that plugs into the stock harness and one for the 98 honda that plugs into the radio. Then you have to wire the two harnesses together and that it. No need for a dash kit.
Old 08-22-2002, 08:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New to the accords and got a question about the stereo....(more ? added) (ichibanjap)

sorry to ask...but

will an aftermarket wiring harness from my 91 accord plug into the one in a 95 integra?
Old 08-22-2002, 08:26 PM

Default Re: New to the accords and got a question about the stereo....(more ? added) (ichibanjap)

The plug on the back of the radio and the wiring harness from the cars are different. You can get two harnesses one for the 92 honda that plugs into the stock harness and one for the 98 honda that plugs into the radio. Then you have to wire the two harnesses together and that it. No need for a dash kit.
not true. honda is one of the few companies that uses only one radio harness between models and generations. hasn't changed in a long time.

it'll work
Old 08-22-2002, 08:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New to the accords and got a question about the stereo....(more ? added) (F23 Power)

sorry to ask...but

will an aftermarket wiring harness from my 91 accord plug into the one in a 95 integra?
to my knowledge all aftermarket wiring harness are made to fit most cars, i personally would think it would, but if i were in your position, just call a bestbuy or electronics store and ask them if itl be okay.... or, get a wiring diagram for a 95integra and see if the wires match up with the aftermarket harness, then, if your radio is out, you should see if it matches up with the stock harness...

unless you have alot..alot.. of time on your hands, or the radio is already out, just call and ask really fast, unless the bitches put you on hold, no longer than 8 minutes...

jon
Old 08-22-2002, 08:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New to the accords and got a question about the stereo....(more ? added) (Ideal)

it's hard to explain my question....bascially what i'm asking...

i bought the little $15 wiring harness to put a sony cd player in my accord, so you wire it up to the stereo, then it PLUGS in to the stock accord harness...

so my question is, when i take the stereo out of the accord, will it just plug into the stock integra harness? i think it will but just asking for confirmation
Old 08-22-2002, 08:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New to the accords and got a question about the stereo....(more ? added) (F23 Power)

yeah, i answered that same question, but im kinda scrambling tonight

in my opionion it should, but just call up some car electronic guys and ask them, or just try it, if it does just get another wiring harness, thats all there is to it.
Old 08-22-2002, 08:42 PM

Default Re: New to the accords and got a question about the stereo....(more ? added) (Ideal)

to my knowledge all aftermarket wiring harness are made to ... blah, blah, blah... jon
I already answered this question... the plugs are the same on every honda product. nothing aftermarket required. plug and play.
Old 08-22-2002, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New to the accords and got a question about the stereo....(more ? added) (greensleeper)

its not really plug and play, i mean, if you dont have a harness, it isnt, cuz then you have to stick each individual wire into each individual slot, and through the years, the wire colors have changed...... so its complicated....
Old 08-22-2002, 08:48 PM

this is what you are not understanding. between every honda built from 88 on forward the same plug (including wire arrangement) has been used for the radio/cd player/tape etc.

take a radio out of a prelude. it will plug into your civic.
take a radio out of a civic. it will plug into your odyssey.
take a radio out of an odyssey. it will plug into you accord.
take a radio out of your accord. and so on.

edit: to be nice

[Modified by greensleeper, 12:48 AM 8/23/2002]
Old 08-22-2002, 08:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New to the accords and got a question about the stereo....(more ? added) (greensleeper)

well, from my last week experience, the actual stock harness has changed, and so have the colors.....
i had to deal with those problems. which is why i got the aftermarket harness...

jon
Old 08-22-2002, 08:54 PM

ignore the colors. its all the same.

proof: grab the bag your aftermarket plug came in... what you'll find is (if its quality) it will be labeled for something like 88+ honda. let me know what it says....

second: go to crutchfields and you'll find there's only one harness for all 88-up hondas.
Old 08-22-2002, 08:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well the back says from 89-93

i know that the actuall Stock harness has changed, i have a wiring diagram that shows them differently, and the pictures in my liltle 15 buck dash kit show them diffferent to.

i think we are getting confused on which harnesses we are speaking off, i think....
Old 08-22-2002, 09:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i was asking about an aftermaket cd player anyways
Old 08-22-2002, 09:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i was asking about an aftermaket cd player anyways
yeah, thats what im refering to...
Old 08-22-2002, 09:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well im heading off to bed, i feel like i have a hang over or something, green, i think we are confused on we are talking about.... i think... i think we are malcommunicating on what harnesses we are talking about, but who knows, we'll see tommorow, someone else is bound to interfere, and infer for us....

good night,
jon
Old 08-22-2002, 10:07 PM

Sry greensleeper, but your wrong on the harnesses being the same. from like the 80's to the late 90's, not exactly sure what year they changed, they were the same. I think in 98 they change the harness. the harness pn# for the 95 is 70-1720 and the pn# for 98-up is 70-1721 for metra harnesses. The male pn# for the 98 to plug into the radio is cc1721. Trust me, i used to install so i somewhat know what i'm talking about, lol.

Yes you can put the double din radio in there but it will require a little ingenuity to get it to stay in there. But you still have to go through the steps to get everything wired properly. taking the 1720 (aftermarket harness for the car) and wiring it to the cc1721 ( the male plug for the 98 radio). Goodluck with everything

[Modified by ichibanjap, 7:16 AM 8/23/2002]
Old 08-22-2002, 10:11 PM

Yes all honda and acura plugs are the same for the same years. So you take it from your accord and put it in your ack. The only thing is you have to buy a new dash kit, because it requires different tabs to be broken on the kit. Or you can just custom mount it in there with the stock pocket, that's what i always did. IMO it looks better with the stock pocket rather than that shitty dash kit.
Old 08-22-2002, 10:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

my dash kit is home to the magic button

the magic button that blows engines...bwhahahaa
Old 08-22-2002, 10:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just to clear things up a bit....

-All Accords 86-97 had the same plug. The 98+ ARE different

-Preludes up to 1996 had the same plug as 86-97 Accord, and 97+ were the same as 98+ Accords

-Civics -- not quite sure. I know the 99's were the new style plug (98+ Accord), but I'm not positive when they switched

Old 08-22-2002, 11:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New to the accords and got a question about the stereo....(more ? added) (89_LXi)

Oh yea, I believe all (or most) Acuras 86-2001 had the same plug as 86-97 Accords. Not positive on that though, so someone correct me if I'm wrong

As long as the plug looks like this, you will be fine

Quick Reply: New to the accords and got a question about the stereo....