Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

Need new rear speakers, need help with various information !

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 07:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need new rear speakers, need help with various information !

Hey HT, I have a 93 accord lx, and I did get my rear deck speakers measures at 6 x 5 ( and yea I know this isn't cb7tuner) , I was just wondering what are the best speakers for the money, I was planning to only spend under 100$, which should be plenty. I was looking into kenwoods, but what do you guys think? And also what kind of fabrication will I need to proceed with ? FYI ; I am using a kenwood KDC-248u head unit , and a 10 inch infinity with built in amp ,subwoofer.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need new rear speakers, need help with various information !

i think kenwood have horrible sound. in my experience i think all kenwood product dont have the quality sound. get some premiers or kickers. also in the read you can fit 6x9 thats what i have kickers with crossover and i will never regret it
Old 04-25-2012, 08:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

When I had my CB7, I bought a couple of alpines for $100. They were pretty good for the price; for whatever reason they produced a lot of bass which killed my wanting of getting the extra weight of a subwoofer. I can look up the exact part number/model of speakers I got. 6.5"
Old 04-26-2012, 04:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by sn000t
When I had my CB7, I bought a couple of alpines for $100. They were pretty good for the price; for whatever reason they produced a lot of bass which killed my wanting of getting the extra weight of a subwoofer. I can look up the exact part number/model of speakers I got. 6.5"
Yeah that would be sick !, I would love some nice speakers with good bass. I woudn't mind picking up alpines either.

Originally Posted by jdmcertified909
i think kenwood have horrible sound. in my experience i think all kenwood product dont have the quality sound. get some premiers or kickers. also in the read you can fit 6x9 thats what i have kickers with crossover and i will never regret it
Dang, I've herd some good stuff from kenwood. But i'll go check out some of those today or tomorow.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What do you guys think about these ? I know a dude from my local Midwest Customs and he said these are the "Shiaaaaaat" , For only 100 bucks !

KFC-P709PS
http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entert...ers/KFC-P709PS

And if im not mistaken, Isn't 6 x 1/2 , the same as 6 x 5 ?
Sorry im new to this whole thing.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

those kickers with crossovers go for 200 plus. your better off with. pioneer. premier. kicker or alpine. its just be tho i have bad experience on kenwood just never got the clarity that i wanted it always sounded kinda dull. not much voice just kinda flat
Old 04-26-2012, 06:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jdmcertified909
those kickers with crossovers go for 200 plus. your better off with. pioneer. premier. kicker or alpine. its just be tho i have bad experience on kenwood just never got the clarity that i wanted it always sounded kinda dull. not much voice just kinda flat

Yeah I was going to look at alpines , how are the type s series ? Their in my budget and I've herd that they suck, but I've here their good.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have Kenwoods in my Car I like them they got good bass even sounds like I got a Subwoofer
Old 04-28-2012, 09:57 AM
Trial User

Yo Kenny, go to crutchfield.com... At that site, you can enter your vehicle info & it will display EVERY type of aftermarket that will fit your make & model. Upon receipt of purchased merchandise, the contents will include step-by-step instructions for installation. "Installation for dummies". Service techs are on call for ANY issues with the install. Price match Crutchfield, BestBuy, & local vendors for the best deal. Don't forget to include the labor charge for installation while comparing. Save some money & check them out.