Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

Need help with driver side window because it's not working!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 01:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with driver side window because it's not working!

For some reason I never realized to check the power windows before buying this car because it doesn't work! It would go down all the way but when I push the button to make it go back up, it would stop half way. I think the problem is that someone tried breaking into the car before and put a flat head screwdriver between the door and the car and pushed the door back so they can reach down to unlock the car. I pushed the top corner of the driver side back so the door will line up right with the liner.

So two weeks ago, I took off the door panel, took out the window and cleaned up all the nasty crap that was on it that I thought was preventing the window from rolling all the way up. I even sprayed that silicone lubricant stuff along the rubber liners and stuff. I put the door panel back on, and now it won't even roll down! Seems like I messed up more then it already did.

When I try to roll down the window, it seems like it's rubbing against the door panel and won't let it the window go down at all. Do you guys think I'm going to need a new door? It seems like the only way I can get the window to roll up and down is if I pull the corner of the door back so the door is isn't curved and flushed with the car which makes a gap between the door and the car and that just looks stupid.

What do you think I can do to try to fix it? It's driving me nuts that I can't roll down my windows.