Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

93 accord electrical issues

Old 05-15-2013, 11:40 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 accord electrical issues

I need help pin pointing this electrical issues.

1- About 4 years ago, the regulator of the right front window blew, and as i fixed this, I also had to change the master control. Once it was fixed, I can bring the RF window down with the master control, but blow a fuse each time i bring it up, BUT if i use the controls on the RF window they work fine wether its up or down. I haven't bothered to fix this as its less time consuming to change fuse than to take apart a dash board (at the time)

- About 2 1/2 years ago, I slipped on black ice, and slid sideways through a red light, causing my right quarter panel to be dented inwards about an inch, and only had to replace the right signal light.

2- About 2 years ago my DRL would periodically not work (like once a month), figured it was just a light going to burnout soon. And than about a year ago the DRL would not work during wet days (rain, or melting snow). And since then it has been permanently on. Here the weird part, my night time work fine, and only my left high beam works. ive changed the bulbs, still still docent work.

3- When it gets very hot inside the car, my brake lamp will come BUT my brakes still work, its just the light that comes on in the dash.

4- My radio becomes very staticy during hot weather and at random intervals. Like ill be driving down the road and the radio just goes complete static, and this can last for seconds, or for hours. Ive have noticed it happening during the winter, if I have to drive for more then 45minutes. and in the summer its always static. Also my windows cause static, like bringing them up or down, using my windshield fluid (not using them on slow, intermittent, fast). About a year and a half ago this began right after my Ex father in law snapped the original antenna, i did replace it with a non-motorized one.

5- about 6 months ago the ignition switch fried in the car, this has been changed which still hasn't fixed any of these issues.

I do not know if all these problems are related, but i need guidance as to where to start. It seems like every summer I am getting a new electrical problem, and I need this car to at lease last me through the rest of my schooling.

I dont have a check engine light, the car runs fine (as in i've owned it for 5 years now and it hasn't changed), ive had the alternator (bench test) checked about 6 months ago its fine, i have a new battery about a years old. Ive checked most of the wiring within the engine area, up to the firewall, and I have checked the wires that I can under the dash without having to remove the dash board (i do plan on taking the dash off next week to look at every wire)

Can this be a faulty ECU? Can it be a heat wire, melting or screwing up other wires?

I own a 93 accord, 4 door EX, with the 2.2l engine. All of it is stock, no mods of any kind.