Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

The Problem Car >:(

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 06:00 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Problem Car >:(

I have a 1995 Honda Accord. It seems as soon as I get one thing fixed, something else goes wrong. My car is leaking oil into my coolant. I also believe it is coolant that is leaking out from underneath my car everytime I turn it off. Whenever I turn my car off a shiney yellowish green fluid is always leaking out. Also, when I turn off my car, a loud bubbling sound(as if something is boiling) can be heard from the hood. My car also smokes from the exhaust pipes profusely for at least 10mins when I turn it on, after it has been turned off for a couple hours(at least 2-3). I really do not know what is wrong with this car! I have taken it to multiple auto shops and they all say different things. And when they are done "fixing it" the car still leaks, smokes, and makes the sound! Im really hoping this wont cost a lot to fix, and that it will be simple

Some recent changes I have gotten on my car in the last few months were
1) oil changes (one company screwed up with that). The other auto shop I went to claimed to have fixed thier mistake though. They said they didnt put a cap on tight enough. (car was only smoking b4 this though)
2) new brake system
Please, if any1 has any solutions to what may be wrong with my car then I would greatly appreciate it

If I cant find out what is wrong with my car and get it fixed, or at least find a new car then I am in big trouble. I need my car to get to school Monday-Friday. And I know driving the car while in this condition is dangerous. Im always afraid something bad is gonna happen.

I really need your advice on what to do! UGH!!!!
Old 01-14-2012, 06:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: The Problem Car >:(

I heard bubbling under my hood once, and saw a lot of steam. It turns out, my thermostat was stuck closed, and coolant was boiling into the overflow tank.
Old 01-14-2012, 06:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: The Problem Car >:(

sounds like you need a head gasket,
as far as the leak, you have to get under there and see where it is coming from.